Small steps

Did my shopping after work so I'm well stocked up on veg now. Made a big pan of pasta with lentils and veggies for tea - plenty of leftovers too! Think I'll stick a couple of portions in the freezer. I'm bringing back the speed list, so here's today's:

1. Cucumber
2. Mixed salad leaves
3. Onions
4. Carrots
5. Courgette
6. Mushrooms
7. Tomatoes
8. Spinach

No too shabby, but could still do better. Was just prepping my lunch/snacks for work tomorrow and couldn't find the cucumber I bought. On closer investigation, one of my shopping bags has got a big hole in the side, so I'm guessing it escaped at some point during my walk home. Sad times. Ah well, I hope it's enjoying its hard won freedom. I've still got the stump of my last cucumber victim in the fridge so I'll have to make do with that for now. x

Just a quick one - speed list for today:

1. Onions
2. Tomatoes
3. Spinach
4. Mushrooms
5. Carrot
6. Courgette
7. Mixed salad leaves
8. Satsuma
9. Raspberries

Maybe I'll make it to 10 tomorrow! x

I'm quite pleased with myself today as I managed to resist the snack trolley at work and ate some blueberries instead. Small victories all add up! Made some rice pudding in the slow cooker this evening so I'll have some for breakfast with a bit of fruit. I discovered this morning that I've completely run out of bread, so toast is a no go. I usually keep a spare loaf in the freezer, but I must have used it. Ended up having porridge with raspberries and a bit of granola sprinkled on top. Haven't had porridge for a while and I really enjoyed it. Made some stir fry veggies and noodles for tea, but went a bit overboard with the ginger - it was pretty fiery!

I still can't seem to get my head back in the exercise game at the moment. The cough is still lingering, so that's not helping either. Maybe all that ginger will help to see it off. Anyway, speed list for today:

1. Raspberries
2. Carrots
3. Onions
4. Spinach
5. Courgette
6. Tomato
7. Mushrooms
8. Satsuma
9. Red pepper
10. Green beans
11. Bean sprouts

And here's a picture of my tea! x