Small Victories

rugby and sugar - well done to the both of you. You must sooo very pleased and proud of yourselves. I've not bought many new clothes yet as am waiting to get closer to goal....but I've never had boobs and alas what I do have are on there way out, so also need to buy new bra's. This time though, I've decided to buy some really sexy ones with matching knickers....something not done in years. Really looking forward to it. Daft I know.....Perhaps in another month or so, when Go Lower has worked more magic wonders!

xx

Well done everyone on your small victories. Glad to see all of you still seem very motivated after my absence (I'm sure you've all missed me lol).

Well my small victory is that P (who is now the boyfriend by the way) took me out to dinner last night to my favourite indian (aw) and I actually stopped when I was full, and let him finish up :D haha. That's not something I could've done a few months ago.

Also now a size 14-16 officially instead of 18-20. So pleased with myself :)

ah thats brilliant!! 2-4 dress sizes smaller is fantastic:)

my small victory was a big one for me, went to dinner today and normally get a dessert cos everyone else does but decided not to get the baileys cheese cake:) proud of myself:) must be 500 calories in one of those!!

oh and it was the first time in years if not ever i ordered something that didn't come with chips!! wow progress i think:)

Last edited:
Well done on stopping when you were full Peachy - that's something I still struggle with.

Breadbin I still think about the first time I ordered a Salad as my main when we were out - it's an amazing feeling realising that it doesn't have to be the most unhealthy thing on the menu for you to enjoy it isn't it :)

Well done on stopping when you were full Peachy - that's something I still struggle with.

Breadbin I still think about the first time I ordered a Salad as my main when we were out - it's an amazing feeling realising that it doesn't have to be the most unhealthy thing on the menu for you to enjoy it isn't it :)

well i didnt go as far as a salad but i did go for a madras chicken curry which i think was healthy enough with rice. was convinced i wouldn't be full after it and sort of regretted not getting something else but soon into it i was loving it and struggled to finish it:) maybe salad next time;)

Peachy well done you on boyfriend and getting to dress size 14-16. That's where I would like to end up....so jealous yet pleased for you. I know what a struggle it can all be! And then not eating all you dinner - that really is a good way to go on....and breadbin, choosing the healthy option and no chips or dessert - well done you.

Sounds like we're all doing well. Lets keep up the good work and with the good weather here, it's even easier to eat salads that stodgy comfort food.

Good luck everyone.
xx

Aw happy, thanks very much :) I have to say it's a little bit hard being with a 'feeder' but he understands what I'm going through and isn't offended when I don't eat my whole plate. He just gets to finish it. Again this morning, he made INCREDIBLE breakfast, and I had just a little over half and I was happy with myself.

Peachy, your man sounds so 'Peachy' Breakfast in bed, or breakfst even made for me... Can't remember the last time that happened....

What an amazing feeling you must be having not being able to finish all your food, and lucky boyfriend getting 2 meals - he better watch out otherwise he'll be on this forum soon enough telling us how much weight he's put on because his beautiful slim g/friend doesn't finish her meals and so he polishes them off!!

I remember the first time with Go Lower, when I suddenly realised that I could just about finish off the portion size of food they supplied me with, especially when I first started, I thought I would never cope and always be hungry, but now I struggle - it's great isn't it?

Good luck and enjoy,
xx

my victory as been i have been discharged from my doctors for having any 'weight related problems'. Basically now if i go in with any problems they wont be telling me to go away and lose weight. This is a huge achievement for me, as this has never happened before for me. Im out of the danger zone for weight related problems, although my BMI isnt classed as healthy, i have reversed a lot of my PCOS symptoms.

my victory as been i have been discharged from my doctors for having any 'weight related problems'. Basically now if i go in with any problems they wont be telling me to go away and lose weight. This is a huge achievement for me, as this has never happened before for me. Im out of the danger zone for weight related problems, although my BMI isnt classed as healthy, i have reversed a lot of my PCOS symptoms.

CONGRATS....You must be so pleased with yourself... Very jelous in a good way of course. I know what you mean about the pcos, I'm still struggling with it, even though I have 2 kids!

Well done and keep up the good work...

xx

Aw happy, thanks that's really nice. Yes, my man is swell. I am so ridiculously in love, it's frightening. But apart from that, he's definitely a feeder but really supports what I'm going through and notices when things change. Just yesterday he grab me from behind and he was like: "Look! What's that?" Me: "What? Dunno?" Him: "Those lines there coming in at your waist, they weren't there when I met you". Me: *blushes but really happy with myself*.

So you know, it's not so bad. He's lost 2 stonne himself so he knows what it's like, which is even better. He's really active, nearly hikes to work, goes climbing twice a week, etc. So as long as it's still going down on my end, it's all that matters :)

Aw happy, thanks that's really nice. Yes, my man is swell. I am so ridiculously in love, it's frightening. But apart from that, he's definitely a feeder but really supports what I'm going through and notices when things change. Just yesterday he grab me from behind and he was like: "Look! What's that?" Me: "What? Dunno?" Him: "Those lines there coming in at your waist, they weren't there when I met you". Me: *blushes but really happy with myself*.

So you know, it's not so bad. He's lost 2 stonne himself so he knows what it's like, which is even better. He's really active, nearly hikes to work, goes climbing twice a week, etc. So as long as it's still going down on my end, it's all that matters :)

Ahhh, sickening, but love it...Just jealous me and my OH not in that loved up stage any more - we've been married just over 9 years and been together since I was 18/19ish (met at uni) and now I'm in my 30's! Feels like a life time ago - but 2 kids later, we're still happy!

How long have you been with your OH? He sounds like the perfect man. It's good that he understands where you are coming from with the weight loss and everything...Have you tried going climbing with him and going on some long walks together?

Any news on your dad and the baby?

Good luck and keep motivated
xx

People have finally started to notice I'm losing weight!

I was playing in a concert last night and a few people commented, even my mum noticed (she hasn't been able to tell until now apparently).
It probably had something to do with the fact my trousers were hanging off me, but it's all good :D
A few friends at uni have also commented - asking how I've done it.

Peachy - i agree with hchappyh, that's definitely sickening :p in the best possible way. Hope all is well with your new baby brother? (i'm sure you said somewhere you knew it was going to be a boy - sorry if i'm wrong!) by now too.

small victory today was when i was rushing out the door and needed to eat, was going to pop into the chipper and get a chicken burger and chips and eat it on the go but decided instead for the crackers and cheese option. although its not really healthy it is a whole lot better than the alternative:)

congrats Sugar_fiend, its awesome when people start to notice isnt it?

Well Done breadbin, I know to well how easy it could be to get some food from the chippy. You did really well x

Sugar Fiend, it's great when people begin to notice - it gives you more motivation to carry on....well done and keep losing.

breadbin - you should be really pleased with yourself. The easy option would definately have been the chippy, so well done on your victory and choosing cheese and crackers..not sure I'd have been able to do that - well maybe now I am body aware and doing Go Lower, but certainly not at the end of last year. So well done you. Keep losing.

xx

It's been a while since anyone's posted something but I wanna bring this thread back because it makes me happy :)

My small victory was this morning when I got out of the shower, I noticed that I couldn't grab a handful of flab from my stomach and inner tighs anymore. I remember my ex really liking doing that but it really bothered me. I was just thinking about the look on his face if he saw me now :D lol.

Anyone accomplished something modest but worth mentioning lately?

:wavey:this seems such a good thread!
thanks for starting it off again peachy:)
love your acheivement.will be a while for me yet before i'm not able to grab an extremely large handfull of flab from almostmost anywhere!ha ha!!
but it's the little things that all add up,and at some point this afternoon i was feeling a bit 'craving peckish',if you know what i mean,first time i'd felt like that in the afternoon since starting,but i did'nt panic and instead of getting carried away,i had a del monte orange lolly and had a nap(lazy!).
i know it's small but it made me feel good!:D
well done to you peachy:)

Aw Miss Bee, thank you! I really enjoy this thread too. I love enjoying the small things in life and I love hearing about what made other people's days. Well done to you on have a lolly and nap, better than.. a piece of cake or something!

Oh, it has been so hard at work. We have about 30 different amazingly decadent cakes and I serve so many of them every day and I never let myself have any. Well last week I did have a small slice of a fruit pie (it wasn't cheesecake mind you) because I was off with my calories and because I felt like I deserved it for starting biking to work. Anywho, been resisting it all week and am still going strong while absolutely everybody around me are eating some constantly and all the staff are tiny yet they manage to eat hugs slabs of chocolate cake everyday! Life's not fair I tell ya.

my small victory was a spur of the moment walk up a mountain:) delighted i did it with no rain gear and no proper shoes but got away with it and i felt fantastic:)

Back