Small Victories

Oh how amazing! I love mountains and the greeness and the fresh air :) Good for you!

hi all:character00238:
had a small victory today:).
had a good long walk,and said no thanks to the offer of chinese!!!

thanks breadbin:D
how about you,any victories for you today?
although walking up a mountain is definately enough of a victory to last you a while!
well done you!:)

Ouh, well done both of you! I love being able to resist things I love. Every day is a small victory for me lately since I resist delicious cake at work while everybody else is having some and it's constantly offered to me.

I find sodas is such a waste of calories! I'd rather eat them than drink them. Plus I'm sure you can get them diet so you can enjoy them without the guilt :) Not that I'm suggesting it but in times of need you know.

coming this far is a victory for me, i think when i decided to start in january no one (including myself) thought i would stick at it. now, nearly 5 stone later, i cant get enough of exercising and watching the scale more slowly closer to my goal

That's a great one :) I think a lot of us feel like that.

great thread you have going here. my victory for the day is seeing yet another sts on the scales but going to perservere and stick with it when i had previously told myself if it happened again this week then im giving up and destined to be fat! but im staying put. one more week lol

hi there fortyandfat:)
just wanted to say that sts is definately a victory!!
dont even think of giving up,you have done sooo well so far!:D

my victory today is getting back on wagon after hanging off the side for a couple of weeks i wont say fell off as i never snacked and still ate healthily but im back on my shakes and healthy meals

Ooh, fantastic :) that's wonderful, keep it up.

I just resisted getting chips from the chip shop next to work lol Woop! Having a weightwatchers spinach and ricotta canneloni instead :-D X

victory for me today,first weigh in and i've lost my first 3 lbs:D
i'm now 19 st 13 lbs,and hope to never see 20st again!:)

Don't you lose changing stone? It's great lol I'm about to do it too and it's motivating. Well done on your first loss miss bee, and congratulations on resisting temptation Joey!

my small victory was still carring on when times have been tough, and ive been able to get into my very first pair of petite jean from next and a size 14 fitted shirt.

Kirsty that's what I've just done! Well a couple of weeks ago I realised I could fit into them and since then I seem to have acquired 3 pairs of petite jeans from next ... unfortunately I still need to wear them with heels haha. :D It's great though isn't it.

Aw sugar, that's great!

Here is my small (not that small really) victory: I went shopping today cos none of my basics fit anymore and I desperately needed shoes (they were also too big). Shopping was such a confidence boost! Everything fit me and it was easy, it's the first time in ages I didn't feel like crying after it. I found two pairs of shoes (it used to be hell) very easily, two pairs of US size 12 jeans (I used to be 16-18), two skirts, a top in size MEDIUM (not x-large) and a cardi, also in medium. I came out of the dressing room and my mum was like shocked at how 'small' I was! I'm not tiny at all but absolutely everybody has been saying how small I am, it feels so good :) Really nice to have clothes that fit properly. I'd love to squeeze into a size ten in a couple of months tho lol but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

you girls victories are awe inspiring for me!!
i love this thread:D
just peachy,what a lovely feeling that must have been,getting into size 12s!!and mediums.
i just cant wait to be able to slip into a medium at the shops!
i'm on my way though,i've had a few victories this weekend,mainly cos its been my birthday,and i havent messed up once,havent even felt like it(almost feels like somethings wrong with me!ha ha).
i cut up birthday cake yesterday for the family,and did'nt even have a sliver(although there is still a bit left in the fridge:eek:)

i'm just looking forward to getting out of my size 24's for now,i'll definately be letting you all know when that happens!:D
have a good day all.xx

Last edited:
Thats awesome Peachy, and Sugar and miss Bee.. Happy Birthday for yesterday aswell Miss Bee, Hope it was a lovely day for you..

Well this weekend, aswell as my little jeans and top victory, Im so proud ive not wanted to screw up once. Im currently doing the Wendi plan on WW for the week, to try and kick start everything again, when I found out my batteries were very low on my scales, so when i reweighed they were actually 5lbs out.. So i felt a bit upset for most of the weekend, but still carried on regardless, sticking to the points and not overdoing it... Im hoping in 2 weeks time or so ill be back to where i thought i was before the scales fiasco..

you've done brill rugbykirsty.you must be so proud:)
stupid scales!!it's so annoying when they're wrong.
when i started,i thought i weighed 20 st,then bought some new more up to date scales and found out i was 2 lbs more,grrr!!
but now i've started to lose a little bit it's stopped worrying me.
you'll do great,you've already been going great guns!and your heads obviously in the right place.
great that you dont even think about screwing up:D
i hope that feeling lasts for me too.

thanks for the birthday wishes,it was a really lovely day.:)

Back