Small weight loss

Mochaj

Gold Member
After my great start in week 1, which I was REALLY happy about, my weight loss has slowed right down. I've stuck to SS apart from accidentally licking my finger when I was baking with the kids! (I don't mean a huge blob of cookie dough either, there was nothing there to lick really!) I've jumped on the scales, I know I shouldn't, and on the 5th day of my second week I am 1.5 lbs down.

I know I should be positive about this and it's 1.5lbs GONE but why is it such a little amount? I didn't expect to keep losing weight at the rate I did in Week 1 but I did think/hope I might be 3 or 4 lbs down. It's pretty disheartening.

I'm drinking all my water, I did have a bar one day even though I'm not supposed to until after this week. I drank lots of extra water to compensate for the lack of water in the bar and checked with Ketostix that I didn't drop out of Ketosis.

I'm really trying to tell myself that it will keep coming off if I keep going, it can't fail to come off can it! But the food gremlins in my head keep trying to tell me to give up and have a cheese sandwich! lol. I WON'T DO THAT!

The silly thing is, I lost 15lb in week 1, if I had lost 8 and 8 again now I'd be over the moon. Someone slap me back into positive thinking mode please!

Any ideas?

Last edited:
don't stand on the scales til weigh in day!! (only wish i could take my own advice lol)

but honestly the only numbers that should matter to you on the scales are the ones at your weigh in with your counsellor
don't forget to that your scales won't be weighing you the same as your cdc's

good luck at your proper weigh in ! :)

and OMFG just seen you first weeks loss in your siggy :eek:

even if you only lose a few lbs this week it would be fantastic
don't forget they say you will lose an average of a stone a mth and you did more than that in one week!!

give yourself a break, your doing really well and if you stick to it 100% you will see more losses :)

Good Morning Mochaj

As you have said, if you lost 8lb and 8lb you would be delighted. It doesnt matter how the weight comes off, as long as it is coming off, and if you havent cheated you simply have to lose weight, your body cannot fail to lose weight on 450 cals a day.

A huge amount of what you lost in week 1 will be water, but now, any weight you are losing is pure fat. You might be retaining a little bit of water after losing so much in the first week.

You really must not worry. And it is another 2 days till weigh in, you could lose a bit more by then.

The diet is working so stick with it. A lick of your finger will not have done any harm. Just stick to the packs and keep drinking the water and the pounds will keep melting away.

don't forget to that your scales won't be weighing you the same as your cdc's

good luck at your proper weigh in ! :)

Thanks Bluehail. I should have said, I don't actually see my CDC. I live in a silly place miles from anywhere so my nearest CDC is 2.5hrs drive away. I haven't actually even met my CDC.

I weighed myself at the start, I also got weighed by my doctor on the same day and my scales match those at the surgery. I will be weighing myself each week too. I SHOULD weigh on a Friday morning but jumped on early for a look.

My CDC posts my packs to me.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Back