Smallerme does dukan

Smallerme

Starting a diary and going to spend time focusing back onto losing weight as I really have lost my mojo. I know I can do it so here's to a new learning challenge. My starting weight is 230lb, the lowest I've been is 213lb, gah at putting it back on. I have my dh picking me up some oatbran at lunchtime, I'm awaiting a new car so I'm a bit stuck.

I've been reading through the daily menus and it looks like most people eat very little, which is scaring me a bit if I'm honest. I don't tend to get that full feeling in ketosis. I'm awaiting the headache and the first few days struggle. I plan to do attack for 5-7 days, depending on how my body reacts as I still have lots to lose and a good loss the first week would help my motivation. My planned menu for today is below

Attack

Day 1
B- 2 dry fried eggs, pot of black coffee
L- mackerel (3 fillets)
S- prawns (bleurgh they were off!)
D- 2 chicken breasts with chilli, ginger, garlic & coriander
S- oatbran porridge

Drinking plenty already, going to try keep attack phase clean of sweeteners as I know my body doesn't like them no matter how much I do :rolleyes: I will pick up some 0% yoghurt tomorrow.

What do people think about the egg rules given that the evidence says that they have very little impact on cholesterol levels? There doesn't seem to be a proper reason to limit yolks.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. I eat tons and I think most other people do too - lots of us don't like being hungry! On the official site the current consensus is 1 yolk per day; I eat loads more and I suspect some others do too; the choice is yours.

It's hard to tell how much people are eating - from your menu for example, chicken could be a whole chicken or it could be one breast. There's no need to be hungry on this plan and I found in the past that the more I ate the better I lost.

Welcome - and I echo Mouse's words. Dukan places no restriction on quantity of pure protein (only dairy which isn't pure) and so you really needn't be hungry on this diet. Many say they lose more the days they eat a whole chicken! :D

Welcome :D

That's good to hear then I won't look like a big fat bloater when I put my quantities down. ;)

I agree - I definitely eat loads and have often noticed more weight coming off if I eat more protein. This can be hard to get your head around but it really does work :D I also have plenty of eggs like Mouse!
Welcome :)

Welcome I find some days I eat loads and others I feel I don't need to eat as much so tend to go with the flow lol

I've not stopped peeing and I was sopping with sweat overnight, yuk and tmi, but there is a reason for telling you all this. I must have had major water rentention as this morning I'm already 6lb lighter. I don't expect to lose much more on attack really as clearly it's done it's job very quickly. All the same very nice to see this morning.

I was so surprised at how filling the oat bran is, for what really is a small amount, it made lots and then seemed to swell in my stomach too. Helpful for the evenings which is my danger time.

Have had 0.75l water, and about the same of coffee this morning.
B- small salmon fillet with 2 poached eggs
L- Unintentionally skipped due to being out
D- chicken foo yung (starving so chicken, spices & 3 eggs. I know too many eggs in one day but I need to eat now and didn't get to the shops for any yoghurt)
S- Oat bran porridge

Last edited:
Day 3 of attack

Feeling a lot more organised today, managed to get to the shops. Just scrapped the car and awaiting the new one, with 3 kids & work, I rely on my car so it's been a hard couple of weeks.

Anyway, 48hrs in and another 2lb, which makes 8lb in 2 days. My jeans already feel so much better again, I must have been storing water like a ruddy camel. I have a chicken roasting in the slow cooker with rosemary, lemon & garlic. May have that later or for tomorrow which is a work day. I plan to make a no veg chicken soup out of the stock. I bought plenty of extra lean beef mince so may do some spicy koftas with a dip, I will see how I feel. I guess if I cook a few things, I have the choice.

B- 2 eggs & pot of black coffee with cinnamon, lots of water
L- King prawns with a sauce consisting of 0% greek yoghurt, teaspoon of tom paste, lemon, pepper & smoked paprika. And some cockles & vinegar.
Snack- yoghurt, half spoon of oatbran, vanilla & cinnamon
D- chicken or beef, undecided with a mint yoghurt dip
S- oatbran porridge

Last edited:
WOW great menus Smallerme. Really don't restrict the amount of protein you eat. Sometimes I do strip an entire chicken for dinner and also eat the entire pack of smoked mackerel!!! I tend to over eat the protein rather than the veg on a PV day but like ellie I have days when I am starving and could eat one of the horses and days when I struggle to even eat my oatbran so I just go with the flow too. Good luck and keep going, what an amazing start. x

Oh your chicken sounds delish do you do it with stock in the slow cooker

I was hungry so I've just eaten a large portion of it with yoghurt & mint, it was very satisfying. To cook it I just took most of the skin off, covered it in garlic, lemon, black pepper, salt, stuck a twig of rosemary up it's bum and put a bit of water in the slow cooker, left it to cook all day. This way I knew the flesh would be nice and moist still rather than roasting in the oven without skin. I might chuck a bit of stock in for the soup, will taste it first to see if it needs it.

Also adaptable for family meals, with 3 kids it's a must. They had chicken wraps, with veggies & cheese. Dh is having chicken nachos.

Just broken my no sweetener on attack rule by having some diet coke.

Day 4 Attack
Yawn, I'm tired. I have a poorly 2yr old so have been up most of the night. On my way to work now on the bus as I am still waiting for my car, sob! Lost 0.6lb overnight, slowing down as to be expected after such a quick start. Work trousers feel better again.

B- a few spoons of yoghurt as I was up late and dashing for the bus
L- Chicken
Snack- Chicken soup
D- King prawns with a mint yoghurt dip. Livened it all up with chilli, garlic, lemon, coriander & ginger. My pampered chef chopper is working overtime to make the food a bit more exciting.
S- Oatbran porridge

I'm shattered after today, baby is still poorly so really going to have an early night tonight.

Last edited:
Well done for sticking with it when you have had a tough time. Keep going!

Great to read you and it's refreshing to read your very good menus! How many days did the official site suggest you stayed on attack? I wouldn't stay on too long. (Perhaps check out our FAQ section for further info on that.)

Hope baby's ok soon and that car turns up!

I'm going to do between 5-7 days and as today is day 5, I am almost there. 0.6lb gone again overnight. I'd love to lose another 1lb on attack to take me into the 2-teens again. I reckon I'll be pushing my luck, as 9.2lb in 4 days is more than I thought would happen anyway. I love veg so I'm missing it a lot, I managed to keep my hands off the leftover veg I cooked for the girls last night. I think I'm going to do the 1:1 ratio of pv/pp.

Pot of coffee
Brunch- Homemade burger, mint yoghurt dip and 2 eggs
L/afternoon snack- oatbran yoghurt cinnamon & ginger
D- Beef chilli koftas with minty dip

The koftas were nice but they did resemble Mr Hanky. Struggling tonight, I'm not hungry, I just want a drink of wine after a really stressful day. I may go buy some diet coke instead to sip.

Last edited:
Day 6 of attack, just today and tomorrow to go. 5 completed days behind me and I am 10lb down, woohoo. Very happy that I'm getting rid of the gain I'd had in a short space of time. I'm now only 7lb away from my lowest this year instead of 17lb, which makes me feel like I'm almost back on target and then can start losing again. It's really helped to make me focus in on losing weight again. I am focused on seeing 219-something by the end of attack and I have 48hrs to lose even 0.1 of a lb, lol. I can do that as long as I stay with my goal in mind and don't drink alcohol.

B- none because of poorly baby
L- Tuna & boiled eggs
D- haddock & salmon spoiled by thinking quark would thicken the sauce, bleurgh. Lesson learned it all separated. Plan B chicken soup.
S- Oatbran porridge

I'm feeling a bit disheartened and knackered today, but that's 6 days completed now, nearly onto cruise. Just one more day of attack to do. I have a piece of steak defrosting ready for tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to. One more day to go to my veggies, just one more day. I can do it and on Thurs morning when I weigh in then I will be glad I've done it. It's a real mental acheivement as well as I've been messing about for ages and then not dieting at all.

Last edited:
the veggies are nearly in sight!! well done on your first week, it doesn't sound like it's been the easiest (especially with a poorly baby & minus the car) but you've done brilliantly. had to laugh at the mr hanky comment!!

Day 7, last day of attack and I'm starving but want things that are A) not on the plan or B) I haven't got in the house. Car tomorrow thankfully. I would go out on the bus but the little one is still really poorly so can't venture out. I want smoked salmon wrapped around chunks of quark (pretend it's philly, lol) and king prawns, mmm. I just had my oatbran porridge instead to fill the hole. It's going to be a long and testing day. Scales teetered on 219 this morning but then went back to 220, darn. I always weigh 3 times to ensure an accurate reading, doh.

B- Sardines, blended with tom paste, quark, lemon & black pepper to make a pate. And egg
L- Oatbran porridge, not sure what else yet. Slices of turkey. Liver, cooking now, told you I was hungry!
D- Steak & mustard, gah I want some prawns with that too.

Ohh just remembered about the butchers that's not far, I'm going to go get some liver I think and have steak and liver for tea.

Last edited:
Go for it, smallerme. If you're hungry, eat protein...

Well I've done it, 7 days of attack achieved, feeling very proud of myself tonight as it's been a tough week of illness in the house, balancing work, 3 kids and no car. All done and dusted, bring on the veg, lol! I have missed it and definitely need some. Veg and a new car, all in one day tomorrow ;)

Back