Smear results...

Good luck for Friday, rescue remedy will help. Like Mike says stay off the internet. Everytime I use NHS Direct it tells me to call 999 even for the simplest of ailments! Thinking of you xx

Hey sweet pea, how are you? How'd it go? Vx

:wave_cry:Hi, it went ok thanks. I was so scared sitting outside waiting - my appointment was 11.30 and I didn't go in until 12.20!! Then I got in there and it was a man doctor when it indicated on my letter it was a woman doctor so that upset me a bit plus the sight of 'the chair', then when he came out with 'it's no big deal to us' I felt like shouting at him! I'm a fairly quiet person but I did say 'it might be no big deal to you but it is a big deal for every woman that walks through that door' - oops :eek: poor guy - I think it was a language barrier thing not that he was being insensitive and he meant it was a standard procedure they do all the time! Anyway I had to have lletz and it hurt a bit but it was more embarrassing than anything! Just got to wait 4-6 weeks for the results now which I'm trying not to think about but obviously it's in my mind - the doc said he was fairly confident he had removed all the bad cells so hopefully if I'm lucky that will be that! I haven't had any pain since, and not much bleeding so I've been lucky so far :) It has left me feeling really tired though, struggling at work a bit and then going home having to cook tea for my bf who isn't being very helpful or sympathetic coz he can't see any physical signs that I've had anything done, it has caused a few arguments coz I'm a bit grumpy from being so tired! I'm in my 'why do we bother with men' mood today. I thought all this might make him appreciate me a bit more but no nothing's changed there :( but anyway that's another subject! I do feel a little bit better today so hopefully I'll be ok in a couple of days - I think it's more emotional tiredness than anything. I'd better stop rambling on now - thank you for asking how it went - I'm just so glad it's over and fingers crossed the results will come back as they thought and with clear margins :thankyou:

Glad to hear that you have had your proceedure done now, kick your bloke where it hurts and then dont offer any sympathy to him. You are untitled to feel grumpy after what you have gone through, men are too scared to go to the doctors but think they are dying over nothing so just ignore him and pamper yourself a bit today you deserve it. Hope you dont have too long a wait for your results, if your anything like me patience will not be your strong point....Linda xx

Hey, nice to hear from you. Glad you hear it went as well as you could hope. At least it's over now. I'm not surprised you are tired, you've been tense for so long it's no wonder. Fingers crossed for you Vxx

Back