Smoked fish?

RainbowCookie

Before starting Atkins again I was eating a lot of fish pie/ risotto etc.

I have a big bag of frozen smoked haddock pieces in my freezer that i now have no idea what to do with.

Recipie ideas please! :p

Jim, Jim is ur best chappy to ask I think, babes......

I love fish, will follow this thread. Yum Yum

Woofy X

Before starting Atkins again I was eating a lot of fish pie/ risotto etc.

I have a big bag of frozen smoked haddock pieces in my freezer that i now have no idea what to do with.

Recipie ideas please! :p
you could make a yummy creamy fish pie made with mached cauli or celariac on top

Oh I saw a fish cake recipe in the Pig to Twig cookery book. I will post it on the recipe thread tomorrow. It used butternut squash instead of potatos. Was it you Rach that was asking about fish cakes the other day?

It was me asking about fishcakes.. I love fish!!

Fish pie I always made with flour and milk.. how would I make it atkins friendly??

xx

Fish pie I always made with flour and milk.. how would I make it atkins friendly??

xx
not too sure as its not something ive tried yet but i would try with cream and maybe even a little mild cheese, but then again it could be foul:D

Im sure I saw somewhere a low carb thickening powder thing.. I guess you could make a roux that way?

I managed cheese sauce with phildelphia, and cheddar, I wonder if that might work too.

Hmmmmmm want fish pie!!

xx

Hi Rach, I have put the fish cake recipe on the recipe thread. Let us know how they are if you try them. I love fish and fish cakes, so might have to try these also.

Thanks for the recipie, it looks yummy. Unfortunately butternut squash is just too high in carbs for me at this point. Will hopefully give it a try a few months down the line.

Food Item:Squash, butternut, boiled
Food Quantity: 1 cup
Carbs: 24.1g
Dietary Fiber: 5.7g
Net Carbs: 18.4g

xx

You could substitute with turnip or swede?

You could grill or steam the smoked haddock, it's lurvly!

Back