Smoked Haddock Gratin New SW Mag

Rollass1

Hi All

Just tried the Smoked Haddock Gratin recipe in the new SW mag and it tasted a bit bitter any ideas?
Has anyone else tried this yet what did you think?

Not tried this as yet but planning to next week. Will have a look at the recipe to see if anything jumps out at me. Back in a bit

I made this last week and have to say I didn't think it tasted bitter but I wasn't keen on it at all, I didn't like the topping and there just didn't seem to be enough flavour in it for me, I will try it again but next time I will put a mashed potato topping on it and stick a lot more herbs in it

I agree Julie19 it was the topping that didn't taste right and I wasn't sure if it was the kind of bread we had used!
I liked the fish with the tomatoes and spinach thought next time i might use some cheese on top too! Would love to know how you get on if you make it again

I have not seen the recipe, so not sure exactly what is in it. I do find baby spinach tastes much nicer and less bitter than normal spinach though.

What is the ingredients?

I'm making this tonight, been looking forward to it all week. Wish I had read this 1st, as probably wouldn't have done it. Any suggestions what I could add to it to make it nicer?

The first time i had this it was not impressive. However, i froze one and have now heated it up as i was fancying something not syn laden. After being frozen it tastes good, not sure why but i really enjoyed it.

Back