Smoked my last cig.

Mags12

Alright everyone so after talking about it for long enough I have finally bit the bullet and stubbed out my last cigarette. I don't have anymore so I need to steer clear of buying any and give it my absolute best shot this time and make it the last.

I admit to being scared, no make that terrified lol, I have a few stressful things going on at the moment but realistically there are always going to be stresses in my life, I'm a single mum of 3 and work full time but I need to stop blaming normal day to day things like work getting me down or the kids fighting on me lighting up.

I know it's going to be difficult but the benefits outweigh that, I don't want to get to the stage in my life where God forbid I have some kind of smoking related cancer (although I know I could already have done the damage) or I'm pulling oxygen around with me wishing that I could go back years and quit.

Wish me luck, determination...and apologies in advance for any whining I might do lol
x

thanks hun :) I know deep down it's the right thing to do and I will have my first test in about 30 mins when I have to go to the shops lol, I need to get a few things and will have to make sure that I don't buy any.
x

Well done!!
Don't go anywhere near 'that' counter when you're in the shop!!

xx

Good luck! It's definitely a worthwhile thing to do!

You can't be a bikini queen with a fag hanging out your gob ;)
Good luck and just come on Minimins and have a rant when you feel a craving - the typing'll keep your fingers busy :)
It's a great thing to do, not only for yourself but also for your children, becoming even more of a positive role model for them - well done :) :)

Wishing you the best of luck. But if I can do it, anyone can lol!

weak, fag-ash lil types will be so jealous of you in your bikini-queen splendour, smoke-free, in control of your life, happy and healthy!! Good luck xxx

best of luck - i know how hard it is giving up certain foods, so smoking must be pretty similar!!! Both are addictions.

I hope you grab the willpower and bottle it :D xxxx

Thank you everyone the support here is brilliant :)

Well, I survived the shop lol...when I paid for the things I wanted the shop assistant said 'do you want your cigs' you can tell how much of a regular I am there lol :( it took every ounce of self control to say no thanks, I didn't go into details or anything just said no and got out quickly lol.

When I got home and the kids were out playing in the garden I would usually have a cup of coffee and a cig so that was hard (and I'm only a few hours in!) instead I had a few wafer thin slices of ham rolled onto cocktail sticks with beetroot and pickled onions, lush! think this will be my new snack food lol.

Thanks again everyone :) xx

You stick at it.

I admire anyone with the will power to go for it......stay a smoke free zone and you stay healthier, nicer to be near, less of a danger to your kids and richer.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

hugs cxxxxxxxxxxx

How are you feeling today Bikiniqueen??

Keep with it. Remember - no matter how **** you feel now, the physical side effects will have subsided by Tuesday. Next weekend you'll be able to function 'normally' without them!

Have you started puttng the fag-money in a jar to treat yourself to something nice??

xxx

a huge well done here - keep it up please for the sake of your children if nothing else - they need their mum big time.

Hello everyone :)

So far, so awful lol...but I haven't caved and I've made it impossible for myself to do so by spending the money I would have spent this coming week on cigs on the kids instead and loved the feeling of having that money to spend on something worthwhile rather than smoking it.

It has been really hard I don't deny that but lots of water and positive thoughts and I think I'm doing ok :)

xx

cold-turkey.jpg

Good for you, keep it up. Congratulations for keeping it up.

congratulations0an8.jpg

hugs xxxxx

well done hun, i dont smoke but my hubby is on day one of giving up so i have an idea, so proud of you. especially having kids it will benefit both them and you.

Well done x

How are you doing ??

proud of you !!!!

i have been stopped 5 month and its the best thing ever i am past the hard bit and i even managed to do it without putting weight on because i was dieting, keep at it the results after so many months are well worth it XXXXXXXXXXXXx

Back