Smoked Salmon and water retention :(

Madison

Hi folks,
Just felt the need to share/vent my frustration this morning.

I tried on my fav pair of jeans last Sunday and was delighted to see I could actually get them up over my thighs and just about closed - great progress as couldn't even hardly pull them up over my knees after Christmas!

Anyhow, decided to try them on again last night. Well I shouldn't have bothered. Could barely get them up for a start, never mind being able to close them. Am finished TOTM since last Sunday so it's not that. Then a thought struck me - I've been eating lots and lots of smoked salmon this week. Obviously I've been retaining alot of water due to the salt content :( How could I have been so silly. I've always had issues with water retention in the past.

I always drink 2 litres of water per day and about 2 cans of diet coke. Do you think I should continue with the same amount of water or up it a little over the next few days to try and flush out the salt?

I've also started having a slice of lemon in warm water in the mornings too..

So I'm afraid my love affair with smoked salmon is now well and truly over - we are finished for good lol.

oh dear! I always gain on the scales if I eat it in the evening, but it usually then comes off the next day... perhaps you can still have it, just less often? It's my regular Sunday breakfast now with scrambled eggs. Yum!

Thanks for your reply, I'm hoping the bloat will be gone by Sunday as really wanted to wear the said jeans out! Fingers crossed. I litre water down my neck already.

Back