Smokey Chicken and Bean Stew

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Fifi 1984, 12 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Fifi 1984

Fifi 1984 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    someone at work had this the other day and I am so excited about having it for dinner tonight! Hers had chorizo sausage in it though, I've replaced that with smoked paprika as think it will give a similar taste - guess could add bacon/quorn sausage? Guess you could add potato to this also if you wanted something a bit more filling

Chicken thighs (I'm using breast)
    1 can borlotti beans
    1 red pepper
    1 red onion
    3 garlic cloves
    4 tomatoes
    1/2 tbsp chilli powder
    1 tsp smoked paprika (was meant to be chorizo but I reckon this will give same taste - kind of)
    300 ml stock made up with cube

Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes, add the peppers cut into chunks, chuck in the chicken with the chilli and paprika, stir about for a few minutes then add the stock and simmer for a few minutes, add the chopped tomatoes, stock and beans and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. YUMMO!;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.