smoking

Discussion in 'Exante' started by babystar31, 26 January 2011 Social URL.

1. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

So, now that ive got the diet well underway im giving up smoking. I thought id smoke more when dieting but seem to smoke less (i blame the horrible taste in my mouth, its putting me off lol)....so in the morning i will be a non smoker....yay. Just had my last cig, i have none left and i plan to buy NO more :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    wow, well done. i gave up smoking last year for a few months but i didnt last :cry:
    back on the horrid cigs now.
    are you going cold turkey or using patches and things?

4. mummytummy

mummytummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    That's great!
    I have never smoked myself, only because I spent alot of time with my grandparents when younger and they smoked like troopers! Put me off thankfully!
    Think of the money you will save to put towards new clothes!!!
    Good luck! x

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

well done babystar, i have been smoke-free for almost 13 months now, and its a great feeling x x x

6. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

thanks! nope just giving up with willpower and nothing else. today will probably be hard. after saturday night out im still not back into ketosis and now without cigs too i'll be like a bear with a sore head....but im determined today is the day x

7. Kernow Jo

Kernow Jo Each step closer!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13.5lb(32.72%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers / Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
    Well done, I gave up just over two years ago when I was trying for a baby. It is hard but I found will power was the best way and everyday gets easier. Keep it up, you can do it !

8. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Wow that's great good luck! I gave up 15 months ago, I found the gum a godsend, you can buy it in say petrol station where you would go for cigs and you only need take it when cravings are really bad. I'd not use it for a week but then just use it when I thought I was about to cave as it kills the cravings. Just a thought :)

Good luck again!!

9. maximoo

maximoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well done Babystar I've been cig free for nearly 2 years and although I put on weight I've never regretted it and hate the smell of smoke near me now!

Well good luck! xx maxi xx

10. Terri22

Terri22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Well done hun, I've not smoked now for 5 years and I was a heavy smoker, I did the same - cold turkey and was ok.

Just remember by the summer you will be a fitter/healthier/slinkier you!!!!

11. Want2bMe!

Want2bMe! Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(21.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I went cold turkey and am off them 4 months (nearly 5!) now, I don't miss it, I hate getting stuck walking behind someone smoking and can't believe I ever wasted so much time and money! I found that when I stopped I would just take it one at a time, like ok, won't have the morning one, but I can have the mid-morning, then at mid-morning I'd skip it, but promise myself I could have the lunch one (or two or three..) and then at each cigarette time I weighed up whether or not I wanted it, given that I'd already skipped a whole bunch of them already, then it turned into days, like I didn't have one for all of yesterday, do I really want to ruin that now etc... I think if you have the willpower for a VLCD then you're well able to kick smoking's smelly ass!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.