Smoking

Yasmine

One last chance
Don't worry folks, I'm not smoking and I don't smoke yuck!

My mum is thinking of starting LT 1 month before we go on Holiday. But she smokes, and is heavily addicted to cigs. Now I doubt you can smoke on LT, so I just want to know if smoking must be stopped if going to be on LT.

If so, this would be a great oppertunity for her to quit. I'm a little worried though, since she's going to be having withdraw symptoms and stuff and going to be a right ol moody one :eek:

I think you can still smoke if you're on LT, I know that they do not suggest quitting smoking at the same time as starting LT though. Perhaps she should quit 1st then start or get into LT for a few weeks then quit the smoking?!

Hi, unfortunatly i smoke and i also smoke the menthol cigs so was worried when I started but it doesnt effect it in any way, if anything though you smoke more to keep your hands busy, ive gone from 4 a day to 10 lol Dirty habit i know and i plan to quit when i hit target but one step at a time lol

Hey,
I know its a very very bad habit but I am a smoker. There is no reason why your mam cant smoke whilst on LT, but it could be a good reason for her to quit.
I'm gonna look at quitting smoking once I finish LT, one thing at a time me thinks, at least I know I have the will power not to eat so should be okay giving up the cigs(have never really tried) + I'm more of a social smoker anyways.x

If I hadn't smoked whilst on LL, I don't know what I would've done. One thing at a time I say

I'm a 20 a day girl too *looks ashamed*. I plan on quitting when my weight is under control but I certainly couldn't give up food AND cigs...I'd be a wreck!!

Like everyone else here I am a smoker and have been since I was 13. Back then, the pressure to smoke was high, adverts in magazines, friends and even the fact you could nip down the shop to buy fags for your parents (and both mine smoked). Giving up is one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do, and so far I havent accomplished it. Don't be too hard on your Mum, its one thing giving up eating and another thig giving up smoking!

But what I have found (and your mum may too) is that each pound I lose, and feel healthier, I have more respect for my body. It is starting to enter my head that yes I would like to give up when I have lost the weight, but I think the two things together would have me locked in a room full of carbs and an ashtray!

Its great she has you for support, and maybe one day she will want to give it up and create a more healthier lifestyle for herself xxx

Back