Snack ideas?

Yeah if u buy them tinner, dry them off spread out on a baking sheet, spray them with fry light n speinkle your fave spice on them and roast them in the oven :)

Fab! they will be ace as a snack at work!

does any one have anymore biscuit ideas - low syn values?
i'm craving a bit of crunch....
Thanks

I have Fox's Rich Tea creams - 3 syns. And most malted milk biscuits are 2/3 syns depending on brand.

Afternoon Snack Attack...

This is the time of the day where i'm killing time ahead of heading home at 5. I wont get back home to 7 (train commute) and i am starving.....snacked out all the fruit i had bought from home and theres only vending machines around :S

How can i stop the cravings and the hunger? i cant afford to use the syns now either as im going out to a leaving dinner and thats going to be hard enough to choose.

Suggestions? (by this time normally, i would have munched through a yorkie and kitkat :sigh: )

Hey hun

I usually drink lots of water, i have a bottle on my desk and just keep filling that up.
Yes i'm up and down to the loo every 5 minutes, but it kills a bit of time before 5pm :p

I've also got pots of ww yogurts (free) in the fridge at work, i'll have one of those if the hunger gets bad :)

managed to avoid the vending machines but full of water, so will be visiting the boys room a bit more often now lol. Are the WW yogurts like muller? i seem to get bloated if i have more than 1.

great shout on the alpen lights, are they for any flavour? i'd assume a choccy one would stop the craving aswell.

How about taking a little pot of pasta or rice for the train ride back? Rice, peppers and soy sauce is syn free and yummy, or passata, pasta, bacon and herbs is another of my faves. That way there will still be room for dinner, and no syns used up!

Charlie x

I always have a bag of Ryvita Mini's in my handbag for when hunger strikes. They are a healthy extra B choice. I also like to bring pots of cucumber and pepper battons. I munch through those most afternoons.

Are you after a sweet snack - how about a fruit salad and merengues *(use a couple of syns)

Or savoury - a little portion of SW chips and a dip!?

x

Cheers for the suggestions people :)

Managed to get one of the fibre pus bars, couldn't see the alpen light bars

However, will take some more free foods for work tomorrow.

Vending machine days are over :D

you could always tack a note to the vending machine asking if a less popular snack could be replaced with fibre plus or alpen lite bars....

maybe suggest a fruit bowl in the office / canteen??

Hey Hun,

I usually have either a cadbury's highlights hot chocolate (syns) or a Latte with Vanilla Candarel (0 syns!) and use my healthy extra A to make it. If I have it at 4 it usually keeps me going until dinner time which is usually around 7pm. U can have a banana or some fruit with it too if u need something a bit more filling.

I have to say I do love the Alpen Light bars - they do a chocolate and fudge one which is extremely tasty. You can have two of those as a HeB - otherwise they are 3 syns each.

I also noticed mention of a Choc and Orange flavour of them, but I haven't seen them in any shops near me.

It's also good if you stick them in the microwave just for a few seconds, to make them all gooey, and then pour a little toffee Mullerlight on them for a nice pudding.

I also keep a few bags of the Walkers Baked crisps handy - only 5 syns per bag, they are good for something to much on without going mad on syns.

[QUOTE="lolacola"

I also noticed mention of a Choc and Orange flavour of them, but I haven't seen them in any shops near me.[/QUOTE]

I've bought them before they were in tescos beside me but they're not half as good as the choc & fudge! Will give the microwave-ing them a go!! :)

This is the time of the day where i'm killing time ahead of heading home at 5. I wont get back home to 7 (train commute) and i am starving.....snacked out all the fruit i had bought from home and theres only vending machines around :S

How can i stop the cravings and the hunger? i cant afford to use the syns now either as im going out to a leaving dinner and thats going to be hard enough to choose.

Suggestions? (by this time normally, i would have munched through a yorkie and kitkat :sigh: )

In this particular situation, when you are going out for dinner in the evening, I would simply be hungry! It wouldn't do me any harm.

Think about the lovely dinner you are going to have, and save yourself for that - think of the hunger as simply looking forward to the meal.

I have to say I do love the Alpen Light bars - they do a chocolate and fudge one which is extremely tasty. You can have two of those as a HeB - otherwise they are 3 syns each.

I also noticed mention of a Choc and Orange flavour of them, but I haven't seen them in any shops near me.

It's also good if you stick them in the microwave just for a few seconds, to make them all gooey, and then pour a little toffee Mullerlight on them for a nice pudding.

I also keep a few bags of the Walkers Baked crisps handy - only 5 syns per bag, they are good for something to much on without going mad on syns.

The chocolate fudge ones gets the thumbs up from me :D

I normally stick to the choc flavor Alpen bars, purely for the chocolate fix, but the apple and sultana and summer fruits are actually quite nice.
Chicken breast/drumsticks are a good filler on red days, I put chilli or paprika on mine to give them flavor. Hard boiled eggs are another good to grab, and are a free food.

Last edited:
Back