Snack ideas?

So my friends are all coming round tonight for food and drink. I have already switched my beer for dry martini with diet lemonade lol but I am gonna struggle with the food. They will be ordering takeaway no doubt, and snacking on crisps and party food type stuff. I really don't want to do that! Anyone got any snack ideas? Or ideas what I could do for tea to keep away from that takeaway lol

Make a fake away, do the same takeaway but SW. Make pilau rice, a nice curry and SW onion bhajis.

In terms of snacks, you could get some nice veggies crudites and make lots of SW dips or make a fruit salad...

If that fails then stick to a chinese as im sure those are less syns to use, such as chicken chow mein etc. Good luck xx

Well in the end I ordered chicken chow mein with boiled rice. I ate most of the chow mein but was too full for the majority of the rice! Add to that just over half a bottle of cinzano with diet lemonade and though it may not be the perfect SW night, I am pleased enough :)

Savoury snack ideas, help please

Hiya everyone

I'm looking for some ideas for savoury snacks to use my syns up other than crisps :eek: Has anyone got any ideas please, would really love to think that blue cheese and crackers are low in syn but I'd be kidding myself lol.

Thanks in advance Boo xx

Real foods 'corn thins' are 1 syn each and lovely with some reduced fat hoummus (2.5 syns per table spoon) or Quark with salt and pepper! x

Real foods 'corn thins' are 1 syn each and lovely with some reduced fat hoummus (2.5 syns per table spoon) or Quark with salt and pepper! x

Ohhhh that sounds nice, I'll have to try that, thanks chun-ky :D Boo xx

I'm a sucker for savoury snacks but crisps are just too many syns lol. The corn thins are really cruncy, slightly salty and much more filling than a pack of walkers baked :) x

Asda cheese curl crisps (taste better than quavers in my opinion) are only 3.5 syns

low syn snack ideas

Just about to do my tesco shop - cupboards are sooo bare! what are the low syn snacks/treats that you all like? xx

Syn free or low syn snack ideas!? Festival ideas!?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any other snack ideas that can be shop bought like bachelors savoury rice, low fat supernoodles, supernoodles to go etc. I know fruit and things can be snacks too but im thinking on the lines of packet, easy to make food as I'm going to v festival next week and really worried I'm going to mess up the diet! Thanks!!

How about mugshots? Also couscous pots which just need hot water, no cooking. If you have somewhere sort of cold to store things, take some ham, light philadelphia and put it on top of some ryvitas or scanbran.
:)

Cut The Fat said:
Are all mugshot soups free?

Thanks

No, all (?) of them have syns unfortunately! I anything up to 3.5 each or so...the highest being cheese and ham, which is 3.5, the lowest being thai noodle, which is 0.5.
Hope this helps x

Cut The Fat said:
Thanks for that. Are there any pasta soups that are free on extra easy?

Thanks

Not pasta soups (that I know of), for example the bachelors broccoli and cheese soup with tagliatelle is about 7 syns or something. Most packet soups are fairly high.
Pasta and sauce sachets from bachelors are quite low in syns, maximum of 3 or so, most free or 0.5-1.0 syns for the pack.

Hope this helps!

Mug shot list : Free Chicken, sweet and sour, tomato and herb, roast chicken,spicy tomato,Minestones ,chinese style... 1/2 syn: Thai style.
Tikka style is 1 syn and cheese 2.5 syns..
Hope this is a help for you :)

Try these threads for ideas on low syn treats or ready meals

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/70166-syn-free-low-syn-ready-meals.html

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/18883-low-syn-treats.html

This one for syn values for frequently asked items (eg mug shots, pasta and sauce)

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/151267-frequently-asked-syn-values-pasta-n-sauce-find-here.html

And this one, for ideas for festival foods (in the eating out sub forum):

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-eating-out/224730-festival-food.html

There are other threads about festival food ideas too -use the search tool

Before asking a question it is always worth browsing around the various sections of the site first -there are sticky threads to make them easy to find when people ask the same thing a lot.

It might even give you some ideas that you hadnt even thought of that might not have come about as a result of your initial question.

Also make use of the search function - use the blue search button you will see at the top right corner of the forum box (called search this forum) - you can search within the whole of the slimming world forums, or just in the sub forum depending where you are when you access the search button.

Back