Snack ideas?

Probably not ‘great’….but I just tend to snack on fruit and syn free yogurts between meal times...Oh, and sometimes when I am really needing it Bachelors pasta’n’sauce ( free green days)

I was told by my consultant that syn free crisps aren't free and it's 2.5 syns for 28g because you wouldn't sit and eat a potato on it's own, but you'll eat a potatoes worth of crisps if not more.

Syn free hummus with veg sticks.

Home made veg soup.

Boiled eggs

Lf cottage cheese wrapped in lean ham.

Cottage cheese stuffed in tomatoes or cucumber cups.

Pasta with third veg mixed in. X

boiled eggs wrapped in bacon and cooked in oven. Can add syn free sausage meat(eg joe's or squeezed from syn free sausage) and wrap bacon round the sausage meat.
crab sticks/cockles.
syn free sw quiche
synfree frittata.
pasta salad-made into small containers and kept in fridge.
sw scrambled eggs containing bits ham/bacon and kept in containers in fridge.
frozen- pineapple pieces/grapes/mango pieces.
syn free yoghurts with fruit dippers.

Syn Free Snack Ideas

Hi All, newbie here. Apologies if there is already a thread for this but i was wondering if any of you have any ideas for cheap simple syn free snack ideas?
I have started doing from slimming world from home (as have done group a few times and now have all the info i need to do it myself without paying £5 a week just to get weighed) but my weight loss isn't as good as previous times. I am sticking to the plan 100% (honestly!) so the only thing i can think of is that i am not eating enough. I know with this plan, or at least for me, the more you eat the more you lose.
I know about mug shots and fat free yogurts but i need some ideas for things i can munch on between meals (but please, no raw vegetables.... cooked veg is nice, raw veg is the work of an evil force!).
Any ideas for syn free (or very low syn) snacks would be greatfully received!

Thanks in advance.
K

on a green day i like to make home made hummus..great with carrot sticks and it feels like a treat as well but its free !!

Hi, I thought hummus has syns even on a green day. I've checked it in my book albeit old and says 1 level tbsp is 2 on red or green.. so unless I'm very out of date, beware as these may be hidden syns that could sabotage you. I remembered cos i got caught out on it.

Rabbit food - You're right, shop bought hummus has syns. But Charleybabes is referring to home made hummus, which can be made without the oil and tahini, therefore being syn free (depending on what you put into it). It's an excellent syn free snack, or makes a cracking topping for a jacket potato. :)

i made cheesy corn on the cob the other night and it was only 0.5 syns per cob.

i just boiled my corn,then put 1 tsp of the lightest flora on it,and coated it,then rolled the corn in my hea choice of 28g parmesan cheese(was more than enough) and sprinkled with dried chilli flakes!!Its a jamie oliver recipe that i adapted for sw!!! it was so good and it felt really naughty because of the cheese,but it was virtually syn free x

teresa32uk said:
Hi there i know you have to snack on extra easy days on fruit and veg but if you have a couple of red and green days you could try the things below. Personally i have them as snacks on extra easy too and then just ensure i have fruit and vegetables to counteract it.

Red Day - Bacon, Onion and Tuna Flan, this is so simple and tastes great cold. If you like the sound of it let me know i will post the recipe. Cold Chicken Drumsticks cooked without skin, Boiled Eggs, Ham Individual Quiches.

Green Day - Cold Savoury Rice, Pasta N Sauce, Mugshots, Homemade Houmous, Spanish Frittata Cold, Dhal Loaf cold or warm, Mushy Peas.

The lists are endless. Let me know if this helps and i will think up some more for you.

This helpful to me so, if ur still online pls cab u pass on some recipes?
Thanks x

Mug shots, check which ones are free and which have a syn value. They are quick and as they have pasta in they fill a hole. I find a mug shot and a muller yoghurt (sometimes with fruit) a great late lunch when I'm at work, fills me up enough til I get home for tea a couple of hours later.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back