Snack Idea's

laurawalker85

Just thought on what everyone has for their snacks other than say fruit or snack a jacks which I always tend to have. My leader has said I need to vary my diet as am pretty much having the same thing! So I thought I'd start a thread on what we all have! X

If i dont fancy fruit or if I have points to use up, I have either WW fruity malt loaf (2pp per slice) or if I fancy something sweet, either a pink and white wafer or a bag of ww choc chip cookies !

OMG! I thought WW stopped doing the fruity loaf? I used to love it, it's really hard to find, where do you get it from please? When I used to do SW they used to have foods called super foods so would be known to "speed" up your weight loss, such as strawberries etc, are there any for WW?

OMG! I thought WW stopped doing the fruity loaf? I used to love it, it's really hard to find, where do you get it from please? When I used to do SW they used to have foods called super foods so would be known to "speed" up your weight loss, such as strawberries etc, are there any for WW?

Not on ww, to be honest i think the whole super food thing was a bit of a sw gimmick.....

I get the fruity malt loaf from tesco, it a big tesco extra, but I've also seen it in Asda. Think they have only just started stocking it again as I hadn't seen it in there before a few weeks ago.

It's basically most fruits and will only speed your weight up if you have them INSTEAD of something else, not as well as. I love mini twister ice lollies for 1PP or make some microwave crisps from potatoes or parsnips. One new potato can go a long way if sliced on a slicer x

I like a couple of crumpets with a small bit of ww jam on or ryvitas with extra light cheese portions. There are some ww crisp too. The hula hoop type ones are pretty tasteless but the ones like wotsits aren't bad.

Tesco is right round the corner from me so def going to pop in there to have a try. Thanks for all the ideas, sometimes even though you know all those different things are out there I always seem to get into a routine and stick with eating the same thing! I love crumpets, love em with peanut butter, is that quite high in points though? Seeing as I put 1.5 lbs on today at weigh in I'm desperate for new ideas to make sure I lose it next week!a

Crumpets - 1 = 2pp, 2 = 5pp
Peanut butter - 1 teaspoon = 2pp

xx

Atm im loving the new ww dessert yogurts, the strawberry tart one is gorgeous. I think they are new and i have only seen them in tesco.
I also have ryvita crackerbread with extra light laughing cow cheese triangle with cherry tomatoes on top. WW yogurt with a meringue nest crushed in or whole with the yogurt on top with fruit. Sea food sticks are also a nice snack.

How much are meringue nests??

I love that crumpets are only 2pp! I adore them :) Mmmmmm I want some now!

I'm really liking the idea of the crumpets too, thanks for the points tonic. I'm surprised about the peanut butter as thought would be much higher, thing I like about crumpets is it's like eating something naughty and stodgy but who can complain at 2pp! With regards to the meringue nests I love them, make my own ww version of an eton mess buy with ww double cream! Yum! Ooo can't wait to grab some yummy treats now. X

How much are meringue nests??

I love that crumpets are only 2pp! I adore them :) Mmmmmm I want some now!
It depends where you get the meringue nests from. Sainsbury are 2pp and M& S are 1pp

I must get some meringue nests!! They make a nice pudding for hardly any points with some fruit & low fat ice cream. How many points are in snack a jacks? The large ones and the small packs???

I bought the ww caramel mallows, like pink and whites only caramel flavour. Gorgeous! But 3 times the price of pink and whites, so an occasional treat methinks!!

Snack a jacks are 3pp. I got some rice cakes to have with some ww ham only 1pp and some extra light Philly. How about the mini meringue nests? Is it like 3 for 1pp? I can only seem to find them! I'm def having this for my pud tonight!

Great thread as snacks are where I feel I can do a lot of damage! I tend to snack on fruit, mini choc bar from Lidl for 3PP, pink & white for 1PP, coffee with Splenda to keep the cravings at bay, and I also make Banana & Oat Muffins which are 4PP each. I freeze them and have a couple in an airtight container in case I take a fancy for them! Oh and the WW Choc Eclairs from the frozen section are a must at 2PP each - they are gorgeous!

Banana and Oat muffins? Yum, can I have the recipe please? I've refused to go out this weekend so cooking low fat foods/snacks will be at the top of my list! Lol.

I like rice cakes (1pp for 2) and cottage cheese or light soft cheese with a little bit of sweet chilli sauce on :D. I'm addicted to sesame ryvita, they're delicious and 1pp each.

I need to snack more I think as I sometimes struggle to eat all of my points, often I get to the evening and still have loads of points left as I get 38pp a day!

Banana and Oat muffins? Yum, can I have the recipe please? I've refused to go out this weekend so cooking low fat foods/snacks will be at the top of my list! Lol.

Hi Laura, here is my recipe: I double checked the PP from the packets I use for the ingredients and it works out at exactly 4.5 PP each - so I'm going to track them as 5 PP each from now on!

150g self raising flour
150g wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g brown sugar
50g porridge oats
2 medium ripe bananas
280ml buttermilk
2 tbsp olive oil
2 egg whites

1) Preheat oven to 180C
2) Sieve flour and bicarbonate of soda
3) Mix in oats and sugar
4) In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Stir in buttermilk, oil and egg whites
5) Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients. Don't overdo the mixing.
6) Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cases in muffin tin and bake for 18-20 mins
7) Cool in tray for 5 mins and then place on wire rack for them to cool fully. They can be frozen when fully cold.

Enjoy!

Back