Snacking

Sparkle

Gold Member
Hi, my name is Sparkle and I'm a snackaholic!

I have been pretty good this week, avoiding snacking between meals. I generally have my breakfast, dinner at lunch time (so I'm not hungary in the afternoon at work), and then a light meal at tea time! Oh, and a small treat (usually cereal) and a hot chocolate at supper.

But sometimes I'm hungary before a meal and so want to snack. So I'm interested in what other people snack on, and what you have for light meals.

If I'm at work I think the WW Microwavable Soups are fantastic. 1 point for Tomato, and 1.5 points for Country Vegetables (those are the two I have, there are other ones as well).

Or I have two Rich Teas for one point.

Muller Light yoghurts are good for 1.5 points.

Something that I just remembered I used to do the last time I lost weight, was measure out a small portion of cereal and put it in a bag... and snack on that at work. I might do that again (obviously doesn't work with Weetabix ;) ).

The WW cookies are good as they come in portions of two, and the snack size Time Outs/Kit Kats etc are good.. It's just a matter of stopping at just one.

For light meals I've been having six cream crackers and marmite, for just 3 points. I've got some Butter Puffs as well which are one point each. Or sometimes something simple like beans on toast... that fills me up for ages.

I can't think of anything else at the minute. What do you all snack on, or find filling for light meals?

When I did WW I used to snack on Melba Toast & philadelphia light...there are 6 little pieces of Melba toast in a packet and I think they are only 1 point! Then watever the philly was on top of it...HTH

I weight out 1oz of mixed seeds and snack on that.

Food doctor crackers with a bit of cottage cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts too.

Tangerine and grapes are nice snacks too.

Have to say cottage cheese is my favourite (but that is what happens when you are off food for four months!!), very satisfying and tasty.

When I did WW I used to snack on Melba Toast & philadelphia light...there are 6 little pieces of Melba toast in a packet and I think they are only 1 point! Then watever the philly was on top of it...HTH

Oooh, I forgot about Melba Toast!! I love that with marmite as well which is free! Fantastic! Can anyone tell I'm addicted to Marmite? Oh well, if I ever get tired of it I can move onto Philadelphia light or something! Thanks for that Kazz.

I recently discovered a microwave popcorn which is 5 points per bag, once its made, its low fat, and tho 5 points seems a lot thats for 2 large pyrex bowls full. I often make that up and split it once its made.

The WW range do a crackers and cheese pack, 2 crackers and a piece of cheese for 1.5 points.

Oh and ofcourse, the Mini Milks - only half a point each

If I really want a treat I fill a meringue nest with creme fraische (sp) and fruit - works out at about 1.5 pts too and its gorgeous

I cant believe that mimi milks are so low in points!!!!! I love them. I also didnt realise that marmite is point free - another item i enjoy.

I find the WW biscuits/cookies really good for a snack. The toffee ones are really tasty and only 1.5 points for a pack of 2.

Alpen bars

Is that 1 point for any type of alpen bar?
Wow ... thats one for my shopping list .... that type of bar is usually about 2 or more points!!! :eek:)
I love the elevenses bars but they are so high with 2.5 points each!

xxx

Can't forget the Butternut Squash Chips! Would be a shame not to have them in the 'snacking' thread!

Cooking instructions courtesy of Kaz:

Well its quite a tough vegetable so when I used to do it, took a while to peel and chop and stuff

But once you have it cut into wedges, throw it on a baking sheet and spray with 1cal spray and bang in the oven for about 20 mins, flippin them around after about 10mins...REALLY yummy!! You can make mash out of it as well, but I never tried that so not sure how that works, but I remember a friend of mine did lasagne with BNS mash topping instead of cheese and it was delicious

Just make sure the wedges are roughly the same size so they cook evenly

Weight Watchers Banana Bread!!! Someone recently reminded me about this!! I remember having it all the time, it's delicious!

Ingredients
2 Medium Eggs
75g Butter
2 Medium Bananas
75g White Sugar
200g Self raising flour
5 Spray low fat cooking spray
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1. Spray a 450g (1 lb) loaf tin with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.

2. Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.

3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

4. Add the eggs gradually, beating well the whole time.

5. Stir in the flour gently but do not beat the mixture any more.

6. Stir in the mashed bananas. Spoon into the tin and bake for about 1 hour or until just firm.

7. Turn out and cool on a rack.

Serves 12
3points per serving.

Back