Snacking

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sparkle, 6 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi, my name is Sparkle and I'm a snackaholic!

I have been pretty good this week, avoiding snacking between meals. I generally have my breakfast, dinner at lunch time (so I'm not hungary in the afternoon at work), and then a light meal at tea time! Oh, and a small treat (usually cereal) and a hot chocolate at supper.

But sometimes I'm hungary before a meal and so want to snack. So I'm interested in what other people snack on, and what you have for light meals.

If I'm at work I think the WW Microwavable Soups are fantastic. 1 point for Tomato, and 1.5 points for Country Vegetables (those are the two I have, there are other ones as well).

Or I have two Rich Teas for one point.

Muller Light yoghurts are good for 1.5 points.

Something that I just remembered I used to do the last time I lost weight, was measure out a small portion of cereal and put it in a bag... and snack on that at work. I might do that again (obviously doesn't work with Weetabix ;) ).

The WW cookies are good as they come in portions of two, and the snack size Time Outs/Kit Kats etc are good.. It's just a matter of stopping at just one.

For light meals I've been having six cream crackers and marmite, for just 3 points. I've got some Butter Puffs as well which are one point each. Or sometimes something simple like beans on toast... that fills me up for ages.

I can't think of anything else at the minute. What do you all snack on, or find filling for light meals?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    When I did WW I used to snack on Melba Toast & philadelphia light...there are 6 little pieces of Melba toast in a packet and I think they are only 1 point! Then watever the philly was on top of it...HTH

4. thetimeisright

thetimeisright To celebrate my losses!

Diet:
    A mixture lol!
    I weight out 1oz of mixed seeds and snack on that.

Food doctor crackers with a bit of cottage cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts too.

Tangerine and grapes are nice snacks too.

Have to say cottage cheese is my favourite (but that is what happens when you are off food for four months!!), very satisfying and tasty.

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oooh, I forgot about Melba Toast!! I love that with marmite as well which is free! Fantastic! Can anyone tell I'm addicted to Marmite? Oh well, if I ever get tired of it I can move onto Philadelphia light or something! Thanks for that Kazz.

6. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Marmite is free?? Have to confess that I have never tried it but would have if I'd known it was point free lol

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It is indeed. It's one of those foods you love or hate. But even then the other people I know who like it only have a scraping... I can have lashings of it. Love the stuff!

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well its great that one of your fave things is free so you can have it til its coming outta your ears! Pity same cant be said about chocolate lol

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I recently discovered a microwave popcorn which is 5 points per bag, once its made, its low fat, and tho 5 points seems a lot thats for 2 large pyrex bowls full. I often make that up and split it once its made.

The WW range do a crackers and cheese pack, 2 crackers and a piece of cheese for 1.5 points.

Oh and ofcourse, the Mini Milks - only half a point each

If I really want a treat I fill a meringue nest with creme fraische (sp) and fruit - works out at about 1.5 pts too and its gorgeous

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I am a huge snacker, I would happily go the whole day with no main meals at all and just snack my way through the day!

My favourite snacks are potato head crisps for 1.5 points, low fat cheese triangles for 0.5 points and Alpen light bars for 1 point.

I will now be adding mini milks to my shopping list for next week (0.5 points for such a creamy tasty treat is just a dream!) and I completely forgot about melba toast! - YUM! I'll probably get some low fat garlic and herb cream cheese to go on them, mmm...I'm drooling!

And I don't know if anyone knows this, but the cadburys chocolate bars with cream egg filling are only 4.5 points for the bar! It's not something I plan on having a lot, but I find them quite sickly after a whole one so it's a definite winner for a mega chocolate fix because it makes me feel like I've eaten loads of it! For 4.5 points I think that's pretty damn good :)

11. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I am a huge snacker, I would happily go the whole day with no main meals at all and just snack my way through the day!

My favourite snacks are potato head crisps for 1.5 points, low fat cheese triangles for 0.5 points and Alpen light bars for 1 point.

I will now be adding mini milks to my shopping list for next week (0.5 points for such a creamy tasty treat is just a dream!) and I completely forgot about melba toast! - YUM! I'll probably get some low fat garlic and herb cream cheese to go on them, mmm...I'm drooling!

And I don't know if anyone knows this, but the cadburys chocolate bars with cream egg filling are only 4.5 points for the bar! It's not something I plan on having a lot, but I find them quite sickly after a whole one so it's a definite winner for a mega chocolate fix because it makes me feel like I've eaten loads of it! For 4.5 points I think that's pretty damn good :)

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have no idea how I managed to post that twice, sorry :eek:

13. sable

sable Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    I cant believe that mimi milks are so low in points!!!!! I love them. I also didnt realise that marmite is point free - another item i enjoy.

I find the WW biscuits/cookies really good for a snack. The toffee ones are really tasty and only 1.5 points for a pack of 2.

14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

WW used to do strawberry and cream flavoured cookies/biscuits and they were delicious!! I completely forgot about them! Does anyone know if they even still do them? I haven't seen them anywhere for ages.

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Arent they the best!!! Tesco do them 79p a box :)

16. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Alpen bars

Is that 1 point for any type of alpen bar?
    Wow ... thats one for my shopping list .... that type of bar is usually about 2 or more points!!! :eek:)
    I love the elevenses bars but they are so high with 2.5 points each!

xxx

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It's not any type of Alpen bar - they do a new one now, called Alpen light - I get the summer fruits (or maybe it's red berries? Something like that anyway) and it's those that are 1 point. They're really yummy too!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Brilliant - thanks ..... its on the shopping list!!! :)
    x

20. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Can't forget the Butternut Squash Chips! Would be a shame not to have them in the 'snacking' thread!

Cooking instructions courtesy of Kaz:

21. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Weight Watchers Banana Bread!!! Someone recently reminded me about this!! I remember having it all the time, it's delicious!

Ingredients
    2 Medium Eggs
    75g Butter
    2 Medium Bananas
    75g White Sugar
    200g Self raising flour
    5 Spray low fat cooking spray
    1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1. Spray a 450g (1 lb) loaf tin with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.

2. Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.

3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.

4. Add the eggs gradually, beating well the whole time.

5. Stir in the flour gently but do not beat the mixture any more.

6. Stir in the mashed bananas. Spoon into the tin and bake for about 1 hour or until just firm.

7. Turn out and cool on a rack.

Serves 12
    3points per serving.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.