Snacks and meal.

well, you can do what you want really. If you want to try something; then do it. It will end up with the plan working best for you - which is ultimately what you want.

For example, I eat a 300 calorie lunch, not 3, 100 calorie snacks. That really
works for me. Also, I tend to eat a 400-500 calorie meal and then have a 100 calorie desert.

I'd say go for it. Don't think of the guide as rules, but more of as advice.

Like Ross, I mix and match and sometime forego some snacks to add to a more calorie dense meal or a "naughtier snack".

As long as you don't do more than 900 cals on meals and snacks plus your 2 shakes/bars (460 cals) then you are good to go.

I do a lot of exercise too though and I use MFP which allows me to "earn" more calories according to my burn from exercise (I can clock up an extra 600-700 calories a day on a weekend). I just make sure I never NET more than 1360 per day (which is bascially what SF plan allows you) and that works well for me and I have been losing consistently - well apart from last week when I came back from a fortnight in Rhodes and had gained 3.5lbs :eek: Well worth it though so I am not at all bothered - and back on the wagon now :D

Sorry if this exactly what you have just said but for example could I do this for a day?

Shake for breakfast

Then a 300 cal lunch instead of snacks

A shake mid afternoon

Then a 600 calorie meal? Or would my 2nd shake have to be as part of my lunch.
Basically I can use my 300 cals meant for snacks anyway I want, adding them to meals etc as long as I don't go over 900 cals for the full day other than my shakes? x

Sorry ignore my last post that is exactly what has just been said, I'm pretty exhausted right now

toxicsgrl said:
What's juddd? X

Dr Johnson's Alternate Day Diet. Known as the
J = Johnson's
U = Up
D = Day
D = Day
D = Diet

It is supposed to reduced your overall caloric intake without lowering your BMR ( basic metabolic rate). It is also supposed to cure all kinds of ailments according to the book. I am reading through it and finding all the data a bit overwhelming.

There is a JUDDD forum on Minis - but it seems to me that most of the people "following" the JUDDD are going with the info off the website and have not read the book. So on their "Up" days they are having whatever they want (fast food, cake, etc. ) and are still losing - but if ion their Down days they are having very few to no calories... there is an element of poor nutrition in this.

Your UP calories need to count and probably be Higher in protein. I think this is what the book is conveying. Not finished, yet. Tennis keeps getting in the way. ;)

Last edited:
Oh I dont think that would be successful for me. I think complete abstinence from junk food is the way forward for me! I have lost 12lbs in 9 days from 2 shakes a day and a meal at tea time. I'd worry I'd get the taste for junk again and I really don't want that! I gave up smoking the same way. Just stopped and I knew I kicked the habit the day I tried a cig and it was disgusting, never wanted one since!

toxicsgrl said:
Oh I dont think that would be successful for me. I think complete abstinence from junk food is the way forward for me! I have lost 12lbs in 9 days from 2 shakes a day and a meal at tea time. I'd worry I'd get the taste for junk again and I really don't want that! I gave up smoking the same way. Just stopped and I knew I kicked the habit the day I tried a cig and it was disgusting, never wanted one since!

I said that the people eating rubbish weren't following the book - just taking advantage of the metabolic affect JUDDD has.

The Skinny Rules might suit you - all about food choices and how you relate to food.

I know it's not following the book but even I had the chance to eat bad food I would and my bingeing would start again. Had a little look online about the system and it seems confusing as to how it works. I'm just gonna stick to what's working and hope orlistat is in stock when the dr gives me my prescription! X

Who knew houmous was so caloric?! I was under the impression it was healthy!! I like dippy things, what else can I have? I used to make a nat yog and Mayo dip with lime juice and whole grain mustard but not sure how many calories is in that. Will go and consult mfp! Seems to be about 90 calories for a tbsp of yog, 1 of light Mayo, tsp of mustard and a splash of lime. This will be my new dip for plain rice cakes and carrot and celery sticks :)

Last edited:
toxicsgrl said:
Who knew houmous was so caloric?! I was under the impression it was healthy!! I like dippy things, what else can I have? I used to make a nat yog and Mayo dip with lime juice and whole grain mustard but not sure how many calories is in that. Will go and consult mfp! Seems to be about 90 calories for a tbsp of yog, 1 of light Mayo, tsp of mustard and a splash of lime. This will be my new dip for plain rice cakes and carrot and celery sticks :)

You can make your own houmous and that'll save some calories - but it also is ver nutritious, so you are getting something for those calories. Rice cakes not good -- convert to sugar too fast. Celery or cucumber slices better. :)

Try using Fage total 0% Greek yoghurt - only 57 calories per 100ml and very, very thick and lucious. Not cheap, but well worth it. I make my own riata with it for salads. Also, I use ALDI extra light mayo at 10 cals per 15g and Heinz reduced sugar and salt tomato ketchup 15 cals per 15g to make rose marie sauce for prawn salads with cocktail dressing.

I mkae my own hummous - no oil and I can add whatever I fancy for flavour. A tin of chick peas is only 65p in Tesco and makes a big bowl using half a can for 145 cals.

Back