snacks on ss? flavouring soup?

missmf

getting slimmer
what can i flavour my soups with?
my cdc said pepper was ok, but what else? chilli pepper? tabasco?
sometimes i really want somethin hot to eat, but the soup is tasting worse everytime!

also is it ok to snack on anything on ss?
such as lettuce? cucumber?
thanks, maria x

I sometimes put a bit of curry powder in the soups -just to make them palatable!

also is it ok to snack on anything on ss?
such as lettuce? cucumber?
thanks, maria x

Hello missmf,

SS means Sole Source, it means that you stick to your packs, water and black tea or coffee. No snacks sorry doll xx

oh,boo hoo!
this is my first week and have a had a few slices of cucumber and a bit of lettuce and cabbage on sunday - i'm finding it hard not to snack! esp when the family is doing it around me! xx

curry powder sounds good though - and this is allowed? x

If you find it hard not to snack why don't you do ss+ hun? Just instead of having your salad and chicken/fish/cottage cheese as a meal spread it out through the day as little snacks.

I don't know if curry powder is allowed but it lets me stick to the Cambridge soups a bit better. Mind you, it could explain why I am taking so long to get the weight off.

My CDC says curry powder is fine to add to the soups. I always add it to the vegetable soup. I also add aspoonful of coffee to the vanilla shake and blend with ice.... yum!:D

I was told tabasco and fresh herbs are allowed to make the soup a little nicer.

You are allowed to add 1g of curry powder to the soups best to wait until week three though when ketosis is well and truly established.

This has been okayed by CD but comes with the warning it could make carb sensitive people hungry.

was thinking of doing sole soure +, but really wanna lose the weight quick!! gonna keep tryin, just gotta get out of the habbit.
will the odd bit of lettuce hurt??? xx

was thinking of doing sole soure +, but really wanna lose the weight quick!! gonna keep tryin, just gotta get out of the habbit.
will the odd bit of lettuce hurt??? xx

Hi, i wouldnt recommend, having the lettuce, cabbage or anything..
I know its really hard,
what i used to do.. is say to myself..

Do i want it, NO
Do i need it, NO
Do i want to be thinner.. YES,
or better still pull hubby upstairs and take ya mind of them snacks, he will be pleased. lol

good luck, x

canaryyellow your right, 1st day of week 2 today, so should be geting eaiser, like i said gotta get out the habit!
thanks everyonr for thesoup ideas though! xx

Hiya, I am on SS+ and as far as I can see and according to everything I've read the losses are only about 1-2lbs different. I find it much easier to stic to being able to have a small meal in the evening. Good luck with it.

beccubug,,, 1/2lb a week less? if i'm gonna average at about 3lb a week, which is what my cdc said most people do,then thats quite alot?
gonna stick with ss for a couple more wees and see how i go.....
everyones dif hey??! x

Hey Missmf, I think Beccabug meant 1-2lbs a month not a week. I am on SS+ and have been told by my CDC that the losses she has encountered in her clients on SS+ have been the same as those on SS. But stick with it as best you can :) just wanted to straighten that out! The average loss on CD is 3-4lbs a week xx

i ment a couple more WEEKS!!!! ha ha ha!!
i am gonna stay on ss as much as i can, so will the odd bit of lettuce or cucumber hurt then? as surely that'll be a bit like ss+???
i'm gonna stick with it def - really determined. gonna try some crisp and lolly recipies too so looking forward to that! xx

Hi I'm doing ss+ and I've actually lost more on ss+ then I did when I did the ss alone I feel content with myself and look forward to my meal at night and dont have any cravings for foods at all. I have completed my first week and lost 14lbs. Note on ss+ you can only have two tbsp of greens which include lettuce and celery and cucumber and let me tell you 2 tbsp's is not alot you have more protein, 225g cottage cheese makes a large bowl full very satisfying all washed down with a pint of the soup very filling!!!!

2 tbsp isn't much hey?! gonna do this as long as i can.. and then i think i'll give that a go. gonna see my cdc on sat for my 1st week weigh in, so i'll have a chat with her.
funny how you have more protien, hasn't that got more fat/calories in than lettuce etc?
confusing! x

Back