Snacks!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Yay! i can have some fruit tomorrow!! i'm going to have a bananna mid morning :drool: and a low fat yog with my lunch!!

should i have snacks at specific times do you reckon? x

I think its up to yourself tanya , I find sometimes I can go without the mid morning one but always have a diet yogurt after lunch and oatcakes and cottage cheese around 4pm (mid afternoon slump ) AND at about 9pm when hubby is tucking in to bickies Ill have fruit(Strawberries or apple chopped up ) with another diet yogurt. maby its too many but I feel I need them.

Are u refeeding???x

Just have something when you're hungry Tan - I wouldn't have them for the sake of it. Tho' you'll probably find that coz you know you can have them you'll be hungry for them xx

Hiya Tanya,

Personnaly I wouldnt have a snack just because it says you can, I would wait until you actually need that snack because you are actually hungry xx

sound advice

would say that if you do want the banana have it earlier on as opposed to late in afternoon though, cant remember why but there was a reason behind it lol

Thanks guys.

Just have something when you're hungry Tan - I wouldn't have them for the sake of it. Tho' you'll probably find that coz you know you can have them you'll be hungry for them xx

Thats how it is Jan - cuz i know i can have it im kinda feeling hungry for it. Think i shall leave the banana at home and not bother taking it to work :)

I find that snacks are important to have later in the day rather than in the early stages of the day. This is me though, I tend to feel a lot hungrier at the end of the day. I think it's because I have my dinner early usually around 6 to 6:30pm. I should start having dinner at 7 though lol.

I recommend that if you're going to have a banana, eat half of it at one time and then the rest at another, perhaps with some yoghurt :) That's what I did sometimes.

I agree with what has been said, only snack if you are genuinely hungry.

My menu changed yesterday, I dont usually have dinner until about 7pm, but I was hungry about 4pm, so I had some oatcakes with 1 cheese triangle and sliced cucumber. My dinner then was a lot smaller than usual and I didnt have fruit and yogurt afterwards as I was full up, so I saved about 200 calories. I do think if you are going to have a snack, make it healthy and something that will give you a filled feeling rather than just snack on rubbishy type things.

On day 6 of refeed and so far haven't felt the need for any snacks at all. Just because we can have them doesn't mean I should, should it? Surely if I'm not hungry I don't have them. Don't want to get back into bad snack attacks!

Back