• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Snacks!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
S: 19st6lb C: 11st6lb Loss: 8st0lb(41.18%)
S: 15st4lb C: 14st7.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st10.5lb(4.91%)
I think its up to yourself tanya , I find sometimes I can go without the mid morning one but always have a diet yogurt after lunch and oatcakes and cottage cheese around 4pm (mid afternoon slump ) AND at about 9pm when hubby is tucking in to bickies Ill have fruit(Strawberries or apple chopped up ) with another diet yogurt. maby its too many but I feel I need them.

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
Just have something when you're hungry Tan - I wouldn't have them for the sake of it. Tho' you'll probably find that coz you know you can have them you'll be hungry for them xx

ChellyWellyBoot

I will be skinny again!!!
S: 14st10.5lb C: 11st12.5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 2st12lb(19.37%)
Hiya Tanya,

Personnaly I wouldnt have a snack just because it says you can, I would wait until you actually need that snack because you are actually hungry xx

S: 19st4lb C: 13st13lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 5st5lb(27.78%)
sound advice

would say that if you do want the banana have it earlier on as opposed to late in afternoon though, cant remember why but there was a reason behind it lol

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
S: 19st6lb C: 11st6lb Loss: 8st0lb(41.18%)
Thanks guys.

Just have something when you're hungry Tan - I wouldn't have them for the sake of it. Tho' you'll probably find that coz you know you can have them you'll be hungry for them xx
Thats how it is Jan - cuz i know i can have it im kinda feeling hungry for it. Think i shall leave the banana at home and not bother taking it to work :)

Yasmine

One last chance
S: 13st10lb C: 11st10lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 2st0lb(14.58%)
I find that snacks are important to have later in the day rather than in the early stages of the day. This is me though, I tend to feel a lot hungrier at the end of the day. I think it's because I have my dinner early usually around 6 to 6:30pm. I should start having dinner at 7 though lol.

I recommend that if you're going to have a banana, eat half of it at one time and then the rest at another, perhaps with some yoghurt :) That's what I did sometimes.

kered

Gold Member
I agree with what has been said, only snack if you are genuinely hungry.

My menu changed yesterday, I dont usually have dinner until about 7pm, but I was hungry about 4pm, so I had some oatcakes with 1 cheese triangle and sliced cucumber. My dinner then was a lot smaller than usual and I didnt have fruit and yogurt afterwards as I was full up, so I saved about 200 calories. I do think if you are going to have a snack, make it healthy and something that will give you a filled feeling rather than just snack on rubbishy type things.

MiniB

Here we go again!
On day 6 of refeed and so far haven't felt the need for any snacks at all. Just because we can have them doesn't mean I should, should it? Surely if I'm not hungry I don't have them. Don't want to get back into bad snack attacks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time) 1
Syn Values 1
Slimming World 2
Ask MiniMins 0
Slimming World 6