Snacks

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by shakenomore, 7 March 2011 Social URL.

1. shakenomore

shakenomore Full Member

Hi, can anyone recommend any bars (chocolate, muesli etc) that are suitable on the GL life? Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    You can get a lot if Gi GL friendly bars in the health food shops some of them can be a bit pricey.
    Personally, I get Nakd bars which are very filling and don't spike the blood sugar. You can get them in tesco and health food shops. I also find the Nature Valley mixed berries bars good. Check out some of the aldi snack bars. Again a little if what you fancy is allowed. 75% cocoa chocolate is also allowed but just a few squares!!! As a choc treat.
    Be careful of some of the supposed healthy ranges of bars as they have a lot of sugars in them to compensate for lack of fat.

4. shakenomore

shakenomore Full Member

Thanks Molly I will look for them in Tesco!

5. shakenomore

shakenomore Full Member

I don't know if anyone has tried the Carman's Classic Fruit Muesli Bars but they are lovely and say they are low GI and wheat free!

6. Splenda

Splenda Gold Member

I just googled the Carman's bars and I see that Sainsburys carries them, will have to keep an eye out!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.