Snails go faster

Maddysmum

Gold Member
Decided EE isn't working for me at all.
There's slow weight loss & then there's pathetically slow weight loss :sigh:
I've done 5 wks now (actually wi tue morning) but took a sneeky peek on my scales (which are 1/4 diff to class scales) and nothing - not moved an inch
1st wk i lost 5 lb
2nd - STS
3rd - 3lb
4th - 0.5lb
5th - looking like STS
I wouldn't mind if id cheated but im so behaving.
This week apart from a piece cake on Tue night (and i pointed it all) i've really behaved - I was away this wkend I had to sit watching people eating & drinking and i didn't cheat once not even a drop.
Since joining SW i've even done a Zumba class every week. So why its this working for me?
husband trying to motivate me to continue because he knows how important it is for me but seriously fed up.
sorry for moaning but ahhhhhhhh! :cry:

Have you got a food diary so we can nose at? How many syns do you have every day and are you having all your HEXs?

And BIN those scales!! x

So in the past 5 weeks you have lost 8 and a half pounds. THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! Dont get down hearted you have done so well. What if you had not been following the plan, just think what you would have weighed by now. By all means try red or green for a while but don't feel down look at your achievments xxx

The average healthy weight loss is 1lb a week. So you've done double that! Any loss is better than nothing and still puts you 1 step closer to target x

Hi sweetie
I found your diary but you only entered one days food so hard to tell or help you really but one thing that confused me was that you put

Tea - Cheese & onion pie (pot, leeks, eggs, stock cube, onions, 84g low fat Cathedral light) - 2 x HEX B

but I see no HEXB there? maybe its me as i don't do EE all the time but to me thats 2 HEXa's so that day you had 3 x HEXA's? as you put milk as a HEXA for brekkie?

or can some A's be B's as well. I was confused as on EE I thought HEXBs were ie weetabix, oatsosimple, nimble bread that kind of thing (I know the list is longer but just examples)

Can you write down a few more days of what you had as we may be able to help you.

Also with EE the 3rd superfree is more important. Are you having this each meal?

I find I'm better mixing my days up but then my losses are always slow and i average under a 1lb a week. xxxxx

One HExa and one hexb with EE, A is milk cheese etc B is your cereal and bread

If the one on your diary is a green day thats fine because you can have HEXB of cheese as well as HEXA. If it was EE then theres too many Hexs and not enough superfree. And as someone else said 8lbs is great!!

Got to agree with all of the above. As you havent had an official WI for wk 5 yet you have lost 8.5lb over 4 weeks or 2.125 lb a week - which is almost exactly what I have lost on average per week. I have now lost 5 1/2 stone since February at the same rate as you are. You do not have a problem.

You do need to post yuour food diuary though as as the others have said it doesn't look as thought you are following the plan properly, so it'd be helpful if you could clarify exactly what plan youre doing and what your syns/HEXes/Superfree are.

The day i put my diary on was a Green Day so had cheese as my Healthy Extra B's
Thanks for all the encouragement - think maybe expect too much of my self.
Will put my diaries on for this week and please let me know what you think.
Only had nectarine & cup tea so far this morning (went back to bed after posted this morning) so going to go sort out lunch now (Homemade carrot & coriander soup) followed by salmon salad

I think you are doing great. I have lost 9.5lb after 8 weeks on plan, following it 100% and going to the gym 5 times a week. So I would love results like yours. Just keep going, it will come off.

Ahh I could have written that post myself! 8 1/2lbs is amazing, I've lost 4.5 in 4 weeks so try that for slow weight loss! And same as you I've stuck to the plan even in the face of temptation :)
If I'd lost what you have, I'd be chuffed.
Funnily enough I have decided today to try some red days (doing mostly green with a few ee) so I'll see how that goes.
Good luck!

I'm happy to lose 1lb a week - even 1/2 is going the right way. I have tried VLCD's and whilst the weight drops off, It is a miserable way to live, so I'd rather be happy and lose slowly.

SW is the best diet I've tried, and I don't care if it takes longer - I'm enjoying my food!

After checking other diaries etc - im wondering it its because i dont use all my syns so this week going to try original & green days and use 10 syns day and see how that goes.
Actually weigh in is tomorrow morning so gonna push myself extra hard at Zumba tonight.

Back