Snap me out of it!!

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
I feel like I'm spiralling into a off plan explosion!
I've had an okish week the yesterday I went to a buffet for dinner and today had some Dominos all of which were over my syns!
I don't know what's wrong with me I just don't seem to be able to pull it back!
I'm thinking of going syn free tomorrow to see if that can help??
I need a good kick up the bum. The worst thing is bc I do exercise regularly I use the excuse oh I'm sure I burnt most of that off!! X

sorry im in the same spiral, i went over other day, then i ate an easter egg AND had chinese, today i ate alot of cheesecake

and hurt my foot so no exersizing for me

Ive emailed my consultant as my WI is tuesday and i dont know what to do, i KNOW ive gained and i feel so destroyed right now

It's horrid! I did the same last week but managed to pull it back but I need to stop doing this it's driving me mad!! It's stupid I know I can stick to plan I have done before! X

mine is i had a disapointing loss and a rough week and i just stopped caring, i dont even know why i had the cheesecake i had a syn free day

Have you looked at how little calories you actually burn off in an exercise session? On the treadmill running of 15mins (well run-2min-and walk -30s), I only burn 135 calories- that's only 6.5 syns worth of burning!

Look at what you have accomplished so far, at what you have done. Just take things one meal at a time. You CAN do this, and you want to or you wouldn't be here actively posting. Take a deep breath and start over tomorrow morning. Best of luck :)

When I've had these moments I find the best way is to draw a line under it, plan my food for the next day (syns included) then bore the world by writing it all out on my weight loss diary.

When I tried to deal with it once by not having the syns, it just put me into a denial complex which resulted in me scoffing even more.

Many of us on here can have these binges as a result of trying to deal with another issue. Therefore I also bore the world on my diary with whatever little emotional upset is going on at the time. Everyone is different do it may not work for you, but writing it down helps get your mind clear. And writing the food down (religiously) keeps you focussed on that too.

Hope my ramble helped!

just start afresh today, do include syns, just as if it were any other day and write off the last few days. if you gain then so be it, sticking to plan will say goodbye to that gain in no time. keep going, the way i see it, is that sw is a new lifestyle/way of eating, so along the way theres nothing wrong with having a gain here and there. the most important thing(mentally more than anything) is that we can get straight back on plan when we realise we are going overboard. good luck for wi and don't let it get the better of you :)

My problem is I planned my food... but still fluffed it lol

Shrimpy said:
Have you looked at how little calories you actually burn off in an exercise session? On the treadmill running of 15mins (well run-2min-and walk -30s), I only burn 135 calories- that's only 6.5 syns worth of burning!

I do spin and step aerobics (3-4 times a week on a good week!) and usually that's around 800 cals for the average person so I know I'm burning off a fair few syns which i think psychologically isn't helping!! Xx

Well I've taken aboard what you've all said an planned today - I text my lovely c last night at 2230 :s but she replied and helped me plan today too!

I always used to post in my diary think I'll start again just to fully monitor it again!

I'm gonna aim for 5 syns today - either swimming or gym!

Your right about the emotional stuff - I'm so stressed out ATM I'm finishing my degree - whch means getting signed off, dissertation and final exams! And I'm struggling to cope and looking back around assessment times I do tend to go off track a lil!

So here's focusing for a new week!!
Any tipe for a boost in losses?! Xx

Just draw a line under it and start again today. Yes you might still gain but you're not going to gain back all the weight you lost so far.

I had a few bad weeks like this last year, didn't go back to class and ended up gaining back 3 stone of the 5 and a half I had lost. I wish I had just got back to class and accepted the small gain then lost it or I wouldn't be here still trying to lose it now lol!

Best of luck to you, you can get back into this so just think positive and don't beat yourself up over a couple of naughty days. x

Clareel said:
Just draw a line under it and start again today. Yes you might still gain but you're not going to gain back all the weight you lost so far.

I had a few bad weeks like this last year, didn't go back to class and ended up gaining back 3 stone of the 5 and a half I had lost. I wish I had just got back to class and accepted the small gain then lost it or I wouldn't be here still trying to lose it now lol!

Best of luck to you, you can get back into this so just think positive and don't beat yourself up over a couple of naughty days. x

Thanks that's really helpful and inspiring! Your right it will only be a small gain and I can get it off but it wont be the end of the world I was just freaking last night and quote often if I don't post I can't pull it back.

Well done for everything you've achieved so far!' xx

I've reached lunch time and doing well today so fingers crossed! X

Hi

I find it really hard to get back on plan 100%, too, when I have had a little wobble. It is like the natural flow has been interrupted or something.

I wouldn't recommend having a syn-free day (unless it just turns out that way). I would actually recommend the reverse - think of a number that you CAN stick to (e.g. 20) and vow to stick to that. Then lower it a bit the next day. It should only take a few days before you are easily sticking to 5-15 syns again.

I wish I had taken this advice a year ago when I decided to have a 'weekend off' and then really stuggled to get back on it on Monday. Sometimes I think it is more productive in the long-run to be kind and ease ourselves back in.

As you can see - I still haven't fully recovered from that 'weekend off' a year ago!

29thMay.png

Live and learn though, eh! I am nearly recovered and having a record like this makes me more determined that ever to not let this happen again.

In the longterm it really doesn't matter if you gain a few pounds one week. What matters is that you learn how to get back on plan and don't let a few pounds turn into a few stone. I think most of us will have several wobbles like this on their journeys - and getting over them really is what separates 'yet another diet' from longterm success - it is excellent training for maintanence!

Good luck today - I know you can do it!

Last edited:
Thankyou and it was really kind of you to share that! It's helped loads!

Everyones right a few pounds is easier to reverse than stones and stones so I'm refocused and I will be back on it this week!! Xx

Well I actually managed to loose 1/2 how I'm not sure!!
But this week so far so good!! I've got the mega munchies though!!
So I'm making muller light/jelly dessert - but not sure I've made it right!!
Thanks for checking in that was really kind and thoughtful how's your week going?! Xx

If you have the munchies, make loads of low syn snacks to have over the next few days.. munchies are evil and don't go away after a night's sleep..

As for you justifying your junk food because you exercise.. I reckon instead of a few days with no syns, how about a few days no exercise.. might help you stay focused on what's going in if you can't just burn it off on a bike :)

Back