sneaked over here from cambridge question pls

owens3116

hi im reading your menus and weaping lol
im on cabridge diet and this is low carb you go into ketotis etc

But whati wonderd is on cambridge they say if you eat anything other than the shakes you will go our of ketotis not in a million years could u have bacon/eggs/craem etc so im wondering how do u manage to stay in ketotis and eat all of this ?

Are the weight losses still good ?

thankyou
lisa x

Hi Lisa. Ive been mixing both C/D with Atkins with no problems now for 2 weeks. Lost 3pounds then 1.5pounds. Im very happy with that, best of both worlds and it hasnt knock me out of ketotis. It works well for me.
C/D isnt a very low carb diet as a carton has 14g net carbs, induction on Atkins is 20g net carb of "green leafy stuff" a day

Like I said, it works for me and I so enjoy eating MMmmm

Good luck in finding your path and WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!

Woofy X

Hi Lisa, I am also mixing a VLCD (Exante) with low carb meal. Only started this week. They say you lose an average of 3lbs per week, so that's still really good.

I am also enjoying the best of both worlds like Woof.

Good luck as Woof say with finding what suits you.

PS: How do you find the CD bars? I got some from a friend and can't say I really enjoyed them. Got a cranberry one to try yet.

I could get used the peanut one. The orange one was nice whilst I was eating it, but it left a horrid taste in my mouth for hours afterwards. What's the chocolate one like? Got one of those to try also.

Do you still have the bars Woofy now that you are on AAM?

Oh I like the porridge from CD

chocolate 1 is lush but HATED the porridge...
I have them as I still have them in the house. Im doin a mix

Woofy X

I have been following low carb/low cal this week and have managed to stay in ketotis

The cambridge feels much better for me though, so I am going back onto it on monday when I see my cdc again!

chocolate 1 is lush but HATED the porridge...
I have them as I still have them in the house. Im doin a mix

Woofy X

Thanks. Might try the chocolate today then. The porridge is very artificially sweet, but I quite like it. Not keen on apple and cinamon. I am still having my Exante bars but wasn't sure if I was having too many carbs. Will see how the first few weeks of mixing with low carb works out.

Loving the mixing thing as I can now go out for dinner (low carb of course!) :D

hi im reading your menus and weaping lol
im on cabridge diet and this is low carb you go into ketotis etc

But whati wonderd is on cambridge they say if you eat anything other than the shakes you will go our of ketotis not in a million years could u have bacon/eggs/craem etc so im wondering how do u manage to stay in ketotis and eat all of this ?

Are the weight losses still good ?

thankyou
lisa x

I did W8(vlcd) for a little while before going back to atkins and specifically asked this question on the W8 section on here and on the W8 website.

http://www.minimins.com/w8/69915-confused-about-food-w8.html

I did get a few replies, the ones from the SEN (counsellor) were mostly marketing spiel and atkins bashing.. its very unhealthy dontuknow :8855:

From what I could gather the difference is, VLCD get you into ketosis by you having such a low calorie intake that your body runs out of food for energy completely from what you eat daily so has to rely on body fat, putting you into ketosis.

Low carb works as you restrict your carbs which are the preferred source of energy for the body, once these are used your body then uses the fat and protein you have eaten, these are inefficient as energy sources so your body uses them quickly, then needing to use your own body fat for energy = ketosis.

The end result is the same, the weight loss rate is slightly higher on VLCD. The choice as I saw it was do I want to have yet another shake, or do I want to have a fry up, and a stew, and a steak.

I chose food. lol. xx

Hiya Lisa
For the last two weeks i have combined the 2 diets, i have 2 cds and 2 small atkins type meals, it works great for me, im never hungry have remained in ketosis and lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks xx

But whati wonderd is on cambridge they say if you eat anything other than the shakes you will go our of ketotis not in a million years could u have bacon/eggs/craem etc

Who says that? :confused: Totally not true, and I'm sure Cambridge don't say it themselves.

What can happen is that you will eat more, so consume more calories and not get the same quick weight losses.

Back