Snow and my CDC's attitude!

jillcambridge

Hey girls,

We're quite snowed in here so my CDC came to see me this morning instead of tomorrow morning, as today she could drive her OH's 4x4.

So...

I lost 3lbs this week and in 6 days too (I was last weighed on Monday morning)
happydance2.gif
happydance2.gif
happydance2.gif
!

My mini goal was 4lbs this week, but 3lbs suits me fine as it was only in 6 days and I am really aiming for around 3-4lb a week or 7lbs a fortnight.

HOWEVER, my CDC's reaction was a bit disappointing, she was like "hmmmmm, you're really supposed to lose 5lbs a week on this diet"!!! Honestly if my OH wasn't here too and we hadn't both heard it, I would have thought I'd misheard! I challenged her a bit later on and said "look I'm really happy with 3lbs a week - for one I don't want to lose it too fast and secondly I think 3lbs a week is ace and if I continue with that from now on, I'll be at goal by my goal date (while mentally sticking my fingers up at her)."

So then she said (!) "make sure you're only having 1 bar a day and make sure you drink an extra 0.5 pt water with them as they have more carbs in them". OH said when she left, "well she clearly thought you'd been stuffing your face!" I was actually a bit upset and annoyed and of course, it made me want to eat something. If I don't have the support of my CDC who I am paying £40+ a week to, then....

I am pissed off at her attitude and a bit demoralised. I'm not going to meet her expectations if she expects me to lose 5lbs a week and that makes me want to find a new CDC quick smart! Grrrrrrr....

Maybe the bars have slowed me up a bit, but CD say themselves that average weight loss is a stone a month, so I am hitting that and more (1st 8lbs in 3 weeks). I was really fecked off.

So I cracked today. I had 2 egg mayo rolls and a packet and a half of crisps around 1pm. I was feeling really rubbish after what happened with my CDC earlier in the morning, then had my bar early as I was so hungry and down, then was still hungry, OH was in bed with a 'mystery illness' (the kind that means he can watch Sky Sports Super Sunday all afternoon but can't do any childcare/housework/meals/general dogsbodyness) and I was just so fed up. I was so hungry and cracked. I knew I was doing it and kept telling myself not to, but just felt so crap after my CDC's reaction to my weight loss (maybe thats a handy excuse though, I don't know). I also knew the most important thing was that I didn't use it as an excuse to eat everything in sight, stuff my face etc and it was SO important to stop eating and get back on the plan asap. By 3pm I was feeling like I wanted to keep eating so me and the kids went for a (disasturous!) snowy walk then I busied myself making the tea etc. Then I had my shake as usual around 8pm and now feel quite normal.

I am kind of half sad and half happy - I'm sad that I couldn't make my month target of 100% no food bar Cambridge products but happy that I didn't use it as a huge excuse to stuff my face. I don't feel as disappointed as I did and feel in control again. As for what to do about my CDC - I'm going to give her another chance next Monday then see if she says any stupid daft (gosh I'm so angry) comments about '5lbs a week is what I should be loosing'
screwy.gif
, then re-evaluate whether I want her to be my CDC any longer. To be honest I'd rather travel further each week than put up with unrealistic goals from someone who is supposed to be supporting me in what my goals are?!? I just don't get it - I'm assuming she's been to SOME kind of training? Surely it should all be about empowering the client and bolstering up any kind of weight/inch loss, no matter how small?!? AND it had only been 6 days (not 7) FFS! 1 day in this diet, you could lose up to 1lb!

I am really cross that my weight loss this week has been somehow devalued. I had a personal goal of 4lbs this week and I didn't hit that, but hopefully I'll get 4 or 5lbs this week (8 days) by being 100% again and hope my little blip today (sandwich and crisps) doesn't register on the scales.

Xxx

omg I would so sack her off

silly cow !!! stone a month = 3.23 pound a week- tell her that !!!! grrrr

Hun don't worry just get back on and show her :p - you keep doing what your doing - I have consistently lost 3/4 pound from week 2 and my cdc is really impressed and gives me so much encouragement.

sack her seriously !!

Silly bint. Sorry she was so heartless. Maybe she was trying to encourage you in an odd way, but she is so wrong in her calculations as Starlight said.

Hope she is a bit more supportive next week or else I would definitely be looking else where. They are there to support and encourage you no matter what you lose each week.

Hugs x

wow what a charmer she is!

think she needs a cambridge refresher course!

your losing over the target stone a month so far so what on earth is her problem, she should be happy for you

Oh hun that's disgusting, I'm so annoyed for you :mad:

I've just posted on another thread that my first CDC was like that. I weighed myself before going each week so that I knew if I was in for a ticking off....even though I'd stuck to the programme 100%. It's crazy to feel like this and I felt terrified of going to another CDC, however I did get the courage to move to another lady and it's the best thing I could have done. I now look forward to weigh ins and genuinely enjoy chatting with her about my issues/concerns etc.

Honestly hun I'm disgusted with the attitude of your CDC....find someone deserving of your money.

((hugs))

Hey Jill

Please please don't let her get into your head and devalue your work so far. As soon as you feel yourself getting angry and wound up just take a deep breath and tell yourself she is wrong and that is her problem not yours. If you let the negative feelings build they could send you into an "eat".

Well done xxx

Hi sweet - you already know my feelings on her! She should NEVER say anything like that to you, even if you PUT ON 3lb! If you are not happy with her, swap CDCs - you will only feel on edge approaching weigh in, and it should be a time you look forward to! x

Change your CDC! That is what I wd do, I would resent giving her money if she made me feel miserable. Let us know how you get on x

Hi jillcambridge I feel so enraged that your CDC treated you that way - how dare she belittle u like that. I wouldn't even give her another chance - move on to another counsellor sweetie before she has the opportunity to upset u again.
Congrats on your 3lb loss- you're doing absolutely brilliantly:)
Xx

That's ridiculous. What a stupid thing to say to you. I can tell you, hand on heart, that I have had weeks when I've done SS 100% - absolutely no cheats - and lost nothing at all per the scales.

Why on earth would she think that you should be losing 5 pounds a week - every week? Sounds to me like she needs a refresher training course! Can you report someone to Cambridge Head Office for this sort of thing? Strikes me that she's not presenting the right information to her clients and therefore is not representing the diet as she should.

Talk about mess with your head! I think I might do as others have suggested and vote with my feet...

you are paying HER to be supportive and not judgmental.....get a new one and tell her to get stretched, miserable cow.

I'd get a new one as well - thats bang out of order - but don't let her behaviour mess you up! And that was 3lbs in 6 days.

After my first week mine said oh I expect you will lose 7 lbs a week for the next 3-4 weeks. Fortunately I didn't believe her or I would have been gutted with "only" 5 each week (I was hoping for 4 so as it was I was happy). However, she hasn't been negative about it at all...yet! But if she does she'll be gone.

I must say, I adore my CDC - it's important to have someone who encourages you, not makes u feel so bad that you end up eating.

I had 3 chicken tikka pieces from my OH's takeaway last night (no sauce) and I told my counsellor as i felt bad and she just said to stick to the SS+ menu and also said "at least u only had 3 pieces, well done!" lol x

Like everyone else, I would definitely be looking for someone else! And possibly get in touch with HQ for misrepresentation of the diet and a bad CDC.

i feel so sad for you that she's got into your brain so much that you ate. remember that you are doing this diet for you and no one else, not her, just you. she can say whatever she likes about how much she wants you to loose but your body will only loose what it will each week. my usual losses have ranged from nothing to an average of 4lbs a week to my first week where it was 11lbs last time. you can't expect to loose x amount each week as our body aren't designed that way. i had 2 weeks on the ss plan where i lost nothing at all. i didn't cheat i just didn't loose anything. i went up a plan and that week i lost 8lbs. you will get weeks where you don't loose and weeks where you'll loose more than expected.

personally i wouldn't give her a 2nd chance as i can see her being the same each week. get a more supportive CDC and you'll succeed with flying colours.

Shocking attitude shown there by your consultant. I would definitely find a different consultant if mine did that.

Really girls? I was going to give her another chance next week then chew her ear of if she mentioned this mythical 5lbs ideal loss - fruitcake!

Xxx

Back