Snow's healthy living ramblings

Dinner looks lush!
Have you thought of bringing finger foods? That way the driver can nibble as well?

I am seriously struggling to think of free/superfree fingerfoods that wouldn't be messy (like most fruit and veg would) I have come up with grapes and carrot sticks but those are boring without dip.

I decided I was going to walk to Aldi this morning (they recently opened a smaller one nearer my house)to get in some steps as I am bad at weekends and the bus came just as I walked past the bus stop so I got the bus there - I did walk back however with the shopping so I am giving myself points for that. They didn't have onions or strawberries though and I specifically went for onions/strawberries/steak so managed one out of three so I will probably have to go to the bigger aldi later on.

I have decided to do red today as well.
B: bacon, 4 weight watcher sausages (2 syns) tomato ketchup (1 syn)
L: Pastrami, cream cheese sandwich (HEB) and melon
D: Steak and new potatoes (HEB) saving some syns for some smash as if I can get some onions going to try a baked onion blossom thing

Snacks
Tunnocks tea cake (5.5)
Pear

What about mini quiches and put them in muffin cases to avoid them being messy? And you could do things on cocktail sticks, like low syn sausages and pineapple, cherry tomato and a chicken bite..? Just thinking off the top of my head now, lol.

What's a baked onion blossom?

Thats helpful! I don't like quiche but I could do some mini cornbeef pies or curry loaf depending on whether I do red or green or give up on that because I'm having those things instead of bread and I could definite do some cocktails stick things.

Well an onion blossom is this american thing that is hideously unhealthy where you cut and onion to look like a flower, batter it and deep fry it and a while ago I saw a recipe for a healthier baked one where you use egg and breadcrumbs and then bake and I was thinking I could replace the breadcrumbs with smash and make a sw friendly version. It is basically an onion ring in a different format Blooming onion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progress pics. Please ignore my mad hair and the state of the living room.

23 August 24st 12lbs.

27 Sept 24st 3.5lb

Attachments

• 20140823_095129.jpg
    20140823_095129.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 28
  • 20140823_095302.jpg
    20140823_095302.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20140927_115234.jpg
    20140927_115234.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 37
Thank you - I was thinking I looked bigger in the later picture from the front but can see a bit of a loss on the side on one. I hate my hair so would swap you in an instant. I am dying it today though so that will calm it down for a week or so.

Has a snack of natual yoghurt with low syn jam. Finished the pot I have at home so making some blackcurrant jam because I miss blackcurrant Jam so much - unable to find any actual blackcurrants or frozen ones at this time of year so making it with tinned so higher syns.
1 tin 290 g blackcurrants in apple juice (1.5 syns per 100g) so 4.5
1 sugar free jelly (1 syn)
sweetner to taste (I don't put much in as I like sharp jam)

boil your fruit and sweetner and a splash of lemon juice. Stir in sugar free jelly - leave to set.

It's really more like fruit compote that's a bit more set but it's nice. Doesn't keep long but doesn't last long around me!

This works at 5.5 syns and I'll only get a tiny jar once it's boiled down.

The Rhubarb and Raspberry made loads as those are only 0.5 syns per 100g of cooked rhubarb and 1 per 100g of cooked raspberries (blackcurrants are the same if you can find them not tinned in juice) so I used 500g cooked rhubarb,(2.5) 350g cooked raspberries(3.5) and a sachet of jelly and got three jars for 7 syns.

The blackcurrant one is amazing - I had 1 syns worth in fat free greek yoghurt for breakfast. Even if you did cave and eat the whole jar it's 5 syns where as a real jar of jam would be a lot more. (The main danger with jam for me is that I want it on toast - bloody bread haha)

The blackcurrant one has turned out a lot more jam like than the rhubarb one did but that's probably because it was one jelly to 850g of fruit vs 1 jelly sachet to 300g of fruit also the black currants were in apple juice which is extra pectin.

Anyway I am trying to move away from muller lights as the dietician I am seeing says that though they are free they have quite a bit of sugar in so I am trying to have natural yoghurt with these low syn jams which only have whatever sugar is in the fruit.

I have dyed my hair mystic violet! Which despite the vivid colour on the box (which it claimed would be the case even on dark hair) is more like black with a purpley hint in the light which to be honest is what I was expecting and wanting. My hair is dark brown anyway and already had a black with a hint of red dye on it so I just wanted to freshen it up - I'd be panicking if it had came out purple (even though I would quite like properly purple hair) as I don't think work would approve as I hadn't cleared it with them so I was taking a bit of a risk. It was like well if it turns out like the box said I will have purple hair but have to explain myself at work and if it turns out black with a hint of purple that's cool and work can't say anything. I have said to myself when I get to target I will celebrate by bleaching my hair and going properly purple (or blue).

I had bright red for a brief period as a teenager (my mum bribed me to dye it a more normal colour.) I won't be a target any time soon so will be going for hint of colours for some time :)

I am liking this black with hint of purple you will see it on the next progress pic - might try and tame it too - just as well I have two more boxes of dye for topping it up due to boots 3 for 2.

I have made my chicken tikka and weetabix muffins and sandwich ready for tomorrow. Have boxed up the sandwich and grapes and will box up everything else when it cools. Am taking a half syn jelly and a bag of aldi skips(4) and a hifi light bar(3) in case of munchies. Though if my travel companion would like to try the some of weetabix muffins the hifi bar can be towards my HEB :)

I going to have to go to bed directly after Downton Abbey to make sure I can get up in time to be ready for 6:15!

Just got in now so it was a long day. Driver tried one piece of chicken tikka which she said was very nice but that was it. I brought back half the chicken tikka, the skips, 2 weetabix muffins and the jelly. Have just eaten the chicken and muffins and am too full for tea now haha but have to cook for OH hmmm - bad planning.

Red day today - I was hoping the lack of carbs might boost my loss but the scales this morning are showing a gain of 0.5. Forgot the peppermint tea yesterday too. Oh well will have some now and it might claw back to a maintain

B: Fat free yoghurt and low syn jam (0.5 syns) Melon
L: Bolognaise sauce with lots of super free without pasta as sticking with red
D: Chicken tikka - probably with a b free wrap (HEB) and garlic philli(HEA) and lettuce

Snacks
2 x pear
1 x skips (4)
will probably buy some hifi bars and have one at class after weigh in for my other HEB

Well from 0.5lb this morning to having put 2lbs on tonight. Really disappointed. The only thing I can think of is with doing red days I do feel a bit bound up. Probably all the meat. Didn't want to put that in the Tuesday thread as a bit TMI. Going to switch to Green tomorrow and see if that helps.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Haha I did because I have been feeling really uncomfortable and all that has done has made me feel like I need to go all day so I kept dashing to the loo at work but no! I was quite sure it was going to need to go after weigh in at club which would have really annoyed me and then I would be annoyed but I've been home for half an hour now and nothing. If this keeps up I am going to have to buy prunes or something and syn them!

Apart from yesterday too I have been careful to have 1/3 superfree even on red days so I am not sure what the issue is. (The consultant before the relief consultant used to be quite snotty about red and green days and say people used them as an excuse to have less superfree which I don't think I do.)

Anyway on a less TMI note I have been chatting with the new consultant about next week and I am going to go along early and help her set up - she is very pleased to have a social team ready to do so that has cured that worry. I got a present off the relief consultant too (set of slimming world pens) and a note to say thank you for all the help and support so that was really lovely and I left quite cheerful even though weigh in was a let down.

Back