Snow's healthy living ramblings

Tinned is handy for work emergencies. frozen are often nicer but I have to remember them every day where as I can take a weeks tins in one go I have a list of low syn tins I compiled some time ago will paste it here as then hopefully i can find it when shopping haha

Aldi Chicken in Black Bean 2.5 syns
Aldi stewed steak 4 syns
Morrisons steak and kidney FREE
Morrisons Chicken in red wine sauce 1.5
Morrisons Mexican Chicken 4
Morrisons chicken jalfrzi 5
princes stewed steak 4 syns
princes chicken casserole 4.5
sainsburys beef bolognese 4.5
sainsburys beef casserole 3
sainsburys stewed steak FREE
sainsburys basics chilli 4.5
sainbury's basic irish stew 3
tesco minced beef with onion 3.5
tesco sweet and sour chicken 5
tesco everyday value stewed steak 4.5
tesco irish stew 4.5
tesco chicken and vegetable casserole 4
tesco chicken curry 4

asda smart price spaghetti bolognese 2.5
asda meat free bolognese FREE
Heinz spaghetti bolognese 3
Morrisons spaghetti bolognese 5
sainsburys spaghetti bolognese 4.5
sainsburys vegetarian spaghetti bolognese 3.5
tesco value spaghetti bolognese 5
branston spaghetti bolognese 4
asda macroni cheese 4.5
asda smart price macaroni cheese 3
morrisons saves macaroni cheese 3.5
tesco value macaroni cheese 4.5
aldi ravioli 1
asda smart price ravioli 1.5 (this however is not nice)
Heinz Ravioli 2.5
Heinz cheese and tomato ravioli 3.5
morrisons ravioli 1.5
branston ravioli 2.5
sainsbury's ravioli FREE
sainsbury;s cheese ravioli 2.5
sainsbury's veggie ravioli 2
asda smart price chilli 1

Tinned is handy for work emergencies. frozen are often nicer but I have to remember them every day where as I can take a weeks tins in one go I have a list of low syn tins I compiled some time ago will paste it here as then hopefully i can find it when shopping haha

Aldi Chicken in Black Bean 2.5 syns
Aldi stewed steak 4 syns
Morrisons steak and kidney FREE
Morrisons Chicken in red wine sauce 1.5
Morrisons Mexican Chicken 4
Morrisons chicken jalfrzi 5
princes stewed steak 4 syns
princes chicken casserole 4.5
sainsburys beef bolognese 4.5
sainsburys beef casserole 3
sainsburys stewed steak FREE
sainsburys basics chilli 4.5
sainbury's basic irish stew 3
tesco minced beef with onion 3.5
tesco sweet and sour chicken 5
tesco everyday value stewed steak 4.5
tesco irish stew 4.5
tesco chicken and vegetable casserole 4
tesco chicken curry 4

asda smart price spaghetti bolognese 2.5
asda meat free bolognese FREE
Heinz spaghetti bolognese 3
Morrisons spaghetti bolognese 5
sainsburys spaghetti bolognese 4.5
sainsburys vegetarian spaghetti bolognese 3.5
tesco value spaghetti bolognese 5
branston spaghetti bolognese 4
asda macroni cheese 4.5
asda smart price macaroni cheese 3
morrisons saves macaroni cheese 3.5
tesco value macaroni cheese 4.5
aldi ravioli 1
asda smart price ravioli 1.5 (this however is not nice)
Heinz Ravioli 2.5
Heinz cheese and tomato ravioli 3.5
morrisons ravioli 1.5
branston ravioli 2.5
sainsbury's ravioli FREE
sainsbury;s cheese ravioli 2.5
sainsbury's veggie ravioli 2
asda smart price chilli 1

Are these values per tin? Because i definitely fancy trying some of these out! Have a small Sainsbury's and a small Tesco by work and will stop me from wasting syns on tinned soups.

Yep that's all per tin. I think I managed to pick up the highest synned spag bol going looking at all the better options on there whups. We have tesco metro and a small sainsbury's in town depending on where I get off the bus. They don't have the greatest selection though but I have bought the sainbury's stewed steak a few times as that stuck in my head as free (it's pricey mind) so will be keeping an eye out to see if they stock any of the other low syn options.

No worries - glad it's helpful.

I decided to add pureed chick peas to the corn beef pie as they are a P instead of smash. It has come out about the same consistency but I seem to have lots more of it? It's in the oven now so we'll see how that turns out.

Last edited:
EE today
B: Fuji apple(S), apple(S), plum, (S)
L: bacon no fat(P), sausages (P) (3 syns), beans(P) and fried onion (S) 1 syn ketchup 1 slice 400g toast (0.5 of HEB)
D: Pulled pork,(P) syn free coleslaw (S) Brocoli cheese (HEA) SW Wedges

Snacks
Nutella Weetabix ferrera rocher (0.5 HEB + 4 syns)
strawberries

Last edited:
Funny you should ask because I was having a debate with my OH because what I thought was a Fuji apple (and I am sure the shop sign said fuji apples and I've seen these called this before) but he says what I have are chinese white pears and I googled and he is right boo so I haven't had a Fuji apple.

Fuji apples are apparently a really sweet variety of apple (which now I want to try) and chinese white pears are like pear shaped but like a cross between an apple and a pear I think they are a hybrid fruit and you also get ones that are apple shaped but really taste like pear.

I am always trying to find something new to try to not get bored - there is a market stall where I get fruit regularly because it's quite cheap that often has something exotic in - just never for very long!

I honestly could not tell the difference in the cornedbeef pie so I might do it like that in future as I think chickpeas are better for you than smash.

Last edited:
Update. I bought the wrong sausages so they were 2 syns each not one so, I've also managed to make the pulled pork really spicy so having it with potatos dauphinoise using my HEA, 3 syns of cheese and 2 syns of bytter and mange tout instead of wedges. Out of light mayo so no coleslaw.

Syns update
6 sausages
4 nutella
5 dauphinoise
3 sugar free sweets
1 ketchup

Dinner! Was really lovely and worth the syns for the potato dauphinoise!
pulled pork.jpg

Me too Lisa haha and I made this up tonight so was really pleased with how it turned out

I sliced about 5 medium potatoes on a mandolin but obviously you could just slice them with a knife (and you'd be a lot less likely to cut yourself like I did because I am an idiot who never uses the handguard) and microwaved them for about five minutes while they were in the microwave I took 150g Philli light (2 HEAs) and melted it in a pan with a tiny bit of water. I added a teaspoon of garlic granules and salt and pepper and 1 tbsp of reduced fat spread (4 syns) then I just layered part cooked potatoes and the cheese and butter sauce and topped with 30g of cheddar (6 syns) and stuck it in the oven for 30 mins on gas mark 6. So it had 10 syns and 2 heas in and I split it with my OH. I did think about making it with quark for less syns but I wanted it to be rich - if you made it on a green day you could just syn the spread and put more cheese on for both your HEA's. Mmmm

Me too Lisa haha and I made this up tonight so was really pleased with how it turned out

I sliced about 5 medium potatoes on a mandolin but obviously you could just slice them with a knife (and you'd be a lot less likely to cut yourself like I did because I am an idiot who never uses the handguard) and microwaved them for about five minutes while they were in the microwave I took 150g Philli light (2 HEAs) and melted it in a pan with a tiny bit of water. I added a teaspoon of garlic granules and salt and pepper and 1 tbsp of reduced fat spread (4 syns) then I just layered part cooked potatoes and the cheese and butter sauce and topped with 30g of cheddar (6 syns) and stuck it in the oven for 30 mins on gas mark 6. So it had 10 syns and 2 heas in and I split it with my OH. I did think about making it with quark for less syns but I wanted it to be rich - if you made it on a green day you could just syn the spread and put more cheese on for both your HEA's. Mmmm

My mouth is watering at the thought of this!!

My mouth is watering at the thought of this!!

I'd be having it again tonight if I wasn't planning on an SP day!

Today SP

B: Oats (HEB), apple (S), plum (S)
L: Corn beef pie (2 syns as small piece P) beetroot (S), carrot sticks (S), pease pudding (P) Philli light (HEA)
D: Pulled pork (P) salad(S), reduced syn coleslaw (S plus 3 syns), wholemeal bun (HEB)

Snacks
Chinese pear
Apple

Syns
coleslaw 3
corn beef pie 2

Used some of the 5 syns yesterday on a teaspoon of nutella. A tbsp is 4 so counting that as 2 to be safe so 17 syns for yesterday.

I am not sure if today will be eesp or ee. My breakfast and lunch are eesp but not sure if I will do carbs with dinner or not.

B: Apple (S)
L: Corn beef pie (2 syns as small piece P) beetroot (S), pease pudding (P) strawberries (S)
D; Heck chicken burgers (2 syns), baked kale, salad, and 2 wholemeal buns (HEB x2) 30g cheddar (HEA)

Snacks
Apple

Syns
Corn beef pie 2
Heck burgers 2

I didn't eat my oats due to a meeting so just an apple for breakfast and I can have 2 wholemeal buns at dinner which means I shouldn't need chips so can count this as SPday :)

Last edited:
For the rest of my syns I am planning on having one of the new hifi bars (3) and maybe a creme egg (8.5) 15.5 still leaves me 4.5 to play with.

Back