Snow's healthy living ramblings

binge eating is my no one enemy :sigh: but you bounced quickly and i bet it will be gone in a flash xx

your week looks great and your fluid intake has reminded me of the importance of drinking plenty.

I hope that your migraine is better xx

Hi Snow
Had a quick read of your diary , congrats on the loss so far , :)
Here to subscribe x

Hello, thanks and welcome. Just looking at your signature - you've done marvellously so far.

Hope you're feeling much better :)

Might be nipping to Iceland to try and get some of the SW meals - will look out for the lamb in gravy too!

I have felt hungover all day but better that than a migraine.

It's in a little blue box and is 89p. few thin slices of meat in gravy but handy for emergencies and you get a lot of the free gravy so that's a plus - the beef in a similar box is free too.

You must have needed that sleep x
lamb in gravy sounds good :).....sometimes wonder how SW works with 'free' stuff that normally would be synned?

Clearly! I don't get it either - I think it is one of those ones that the syn calculator has worked out but I'm taking it.

binge eating is my no one enemy :sigh: but you bounced quickly and i bet it will be gone in a flash xx

your week looks great and your fluid intake has reminded me of the importance of drinking plenty.

I hope that your migraine is better xx

Yeah - I have been struggling lately with fluid because I was forcing myself to drink green tea as it's good for you and with the best will in the world I could say I tolerate green tea rather than like it at all so I have gone back to sugar free squash and it is making the fluid intake much easier.

I have been feeling v tired and sluggish today but much better than the actual migraine so there is that. I think the hangover feeling might actually be the meds I have as they are quite strong.

Hey snow,

Sorry to hear about your migrane, i hope that you continue to feel better.
Thanks for the tip about the lamb, I will check that out!

lostinarnia xx

Green today
B: Apricot wheets 70g (both HEB) 200ml skim milk (part of HEA1) nectarine
L: Brocolli soup, quorn kievs (4 syns) and potato wedges 1 tbsp light mayo (0.5 syn)

D: quorn pasta with onion and tinned tomato 40g cheese (HEA2 plus rest of HEA1)

Snacks
monster claws 4.5
cherry fruit bar 4.5
melts 4

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free vimto (3 litres)
1 ltr water

HEBs
apricot wheats
HEA

200ml skim milk
40g cheddar

Syns

monster claws 4.5
melts 4
kievs 4
fruit br 4.5
el mayo 0.5

Steps (yest)

8140/8000

I said if I hit my step goal for a month I would up it to 9000 and I hit it all but 2 days in Feb - one day I had a migraine and one day was right after we lost Lexi so I think that counts really so uping to 9000 from today.

Last edited:
Well done on those steps, and yep i think your reasons 'warrant' upping the number! :D

I am using a step counter too, am aiming for 10,000 a day, and have been amazed at how many steps i actually do at work!....on average 7-8000 :)
Allowing for my 'truck' that i drives steps :D, which when i having been making note of mine and 'truck' movements as such it generally averages the truck does 1800-2000 steps over the course of my working day, so during the week i generally take off 2000 steps to allow for that :)

but a step counter is a good motivator to get you moving :)

Well done on those steps, and yep i think your reasons 'warrant' upping the number! :D

I am using a step counter too, am aiming for 10,000 a day, and have been amazed at how many steps i actually do at work!....on average 7-8000 :)
Allowing for my 'truck' that i drives steps :D, which when i having been making note of mine and 'truck' movements as such it generally averages the truck does 1800-2000 steps over the course of my working day, so during the week i generally take off 2000 steps to allow for that :)

but a step counter is a good motivator to get you moving :)

Wow that's a lot isn't it.

When I first got the step counter - i wore it just to see how many i do and getting to and from work and any moving about I do there averaged 6000 so I made my target 8000 as adding 4000 seemed like I might be pushing a bit but I do want to get to 10 so I only added 2000 but then it gets me moving to get there. On days when I get to 9000 lately I've pushed on to 10000 as then I get a badge on fitbit so I'm hoping I might manage that but going with 9000 to give me some lee way.

Wow that's a lot isn't it.

When I first got the step counter - i wore it just to see how many i do and getting to and from work and any moving about I do there averaged 6000 so I made my target 8000 as adding 4000 seemed like I might be pushing a bit but I do want to get to 10 so I only added 2000 but then it gets me moving to get there. On days when I get to 9000 lately I've pushed on to 10000 as then I get a badge on fitbit so I'm hoping I might manage that but going with 9000 to give me some lee way.
yes, it is a lot :d...surprising really...:).....
It's all good motivation!
And along the way you can see what you need to do or what you can do to up the steps :)
but 9000 is very good anyway!
Well done! :)

Hope the headachey feeling has all gone now Snow!

And another saying thanks for the tip about the Iceland lamb and gravy :)

Finally shifted the exhausted feeling just in time for the weekend to be over blah. Oh well. For those of you buying the iceland lamb and gravy I feel like I should say it is very ready meal like in taste so if you are fussy you may not like - I have broken my taste buds with junk and love ready meals.

Green today
B:nectarine, sugar free jelly (0.5)
L:q
uorn pasta with onion and tinned tomato
D: ? but both HEA and HEB to use

Snacks
aldi crispy fries 3
nectarine
aldi melts 4

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free vimto (3 litres)
1 ltr water

HEBs
wholemeal buns
HEA

cheese
Syns

crispy fries x 2 6
aldi melts 4
fruit yoyos 6

Steps (yest)

9108/9000

Last edited:
I will look out for the lamb and beef in gravy going to Iceland tomorrow :)

Well done on the steps

I am trying to drink more green tea too.

xxxx

Change of dinner plans as OH now not getting in until late so I'm going to leave the bolognaise sauce for him. Might just have cheese toasties and a side salad?

Well done for making your step goal and increasing it up to 9k. I love my step counter, they are such a good motivational tool. I'm aiming to do at least 7k a day this week, with intermittent jogging. I'd love a Fitbit, I'm a sucker for badges :)

Back