Snow's healthy living ramblings

In that case broadbean my metabolism has been giving a very good kicking as I went completely off plan yesterday. Going to right it all down now I have crawled out of binge territory.

B: Bacon subway on honey oat (with cheese) no idea on syns but lots? 3 subway cookies (30 syns)
L: Grabbag of wotsits (10 syns) stirfry from canteen (say 5 syns for oil) 5 mini maltesers bunnies (15 syns)
D: carbonara sauce (no idea of syns) fresh pasta (lots of syns) 5 sainbury's oatmeal and raisin cookies (50 syns)
Snacks
Sainburys' lamb tagine pastries
Chilli heat doritos(12)
can of full fat cherry coke (10?)

No HE's
drinks
bottle of dr pepper zero
cherry coke
1 glass of water
virtually no superfree except what was in the stirfry

Steps (Thurs)
15181/8000
Steps(Fri)
8172/8000

I ate all that yesterday and then last night cried for about an hour because I felt so awful and greedy and stupid. Then I went online and did an online order with iceland so if I really cannot be bothered preparing slimming world food (because that was how i felt yesterday) at least I can have something not terrible)

Today I have had
4 weetabix (HEB + 6 syns) made with water and sweetener
Singapore noodle ready meal
2 apples

The ready meal was okay - the sauce was really nice and it is a big portion. Not that keen the noodles though as they were really thick as went a bit soft but one of the drawbacks of ready meals I suppose. Will definitely be having a go at the recipe of this one as I think it would be nicer with different noodles but I would have it again.

I am going to stick some veg soup in the slow cooker too (minimum effort cooking) and hopefully up my super free with that!

The study scales say I have gained 7lbs.

Its so irritating when you get a gain you don;t deserve and so easy to let it throw you off kilter

Sounds like you're back on track now. PLease don;t beat yourself up about having lost it a bit yesterday. Happens to us all x

The singapore noodles was the meal I was most looking forward to and sounds a bit disappointing? I really want the sausages to do lovely sausage and mash but apparently our ICeland was sold out this morning. Intelligence from fellow class member!

Here's to rest of week on track & fab loss :D

Thanks hun - I know you are right. The thing is I know it was probably the gain was probably just water in my muscles as the dancefit is more high impact than anything else I do (walk and swim mostly and swimming has fallen by the wayside) so why I let it get to me so much I don't know. Back on plan now.

It is a shame about the noodles as everything else was lovely in it. I do wonder if the noodles might be a personal thing - they are much thicker than the ones on the picture on the packaging and they put me in mind a bit of udon noodles in texture and I don't like them so possibly someone who does like udon noodles might think the noodles were fine?

I ordered sausages and meatballs too but they were out of stock as was the meatball pasta. I have the salmon pasta, beef with veg crush and the chicken tikka to try in the freezer and another singapore noodles as I was sure that would be my favourite - it's not horrible by any means but it could have been so much nicer! The sauce was really nice so I am looking forward to doing it myself and using nicer noodles.

It's bloody typical but now I have a freezer full of slimming world options if I don't feel like cooking and I'm busy thinking about what I could cook instead. Clearly the answer is having options.

Don't fret too much over a gain, (i had a 4.5 lbs gain this morning-shocked me but thoroughly deserved as i had been a pig for 3 days solid!)- but it has given me the kick to get back on plan & carry on :)
good to hear your back on plan too....we all have these moments, some longer than others, but it's putting it behind us and continuing on with aiming for our goals that keeps us going & refocussed......rather than thinking we've blown it, and staying on that 'off the wagon' spiral .....which in the long run does us no good, as we would end up back at square one!

I have yet to buy any of the SW meals, because from what i've heard our local Iceland has been selling out quick!
we have quite a few local SW groups in the area....think i will wait til the mad rush is over :)

Thanks Zafira. I do wonder if the bingeing will ever go away completely or if it is something I will always struggle with. I had a good day yesterday and so far so good today. Sorry about your gain but good to hear you are back on plan - in the past I have always failed at getting back once I failed probably due to sugar craving and also because i knowing i would have a gain normally i just carried on eating crap and then it was a massive gain and that much harder to get back on plan.

I had the chicken tikka ready meal last night and halfed it with my OH - it had thirteen pieces of chicken in which seem decent ready meal portion wise and there is a lot of sauce - it was spicier than I thought it would be as tikka is normally really mild. I have seen some people saying the chicken was awful and other saying it was lovely and I thought it was just like any other ready meal chicken - no better/no worse. There was alot of sauce so we had it with rice and some mushy pea curry from the freezer with lots of super free in.

Today I am actually going to do some cooking

Today
B: magic pancakes (3 syns) had no yogurt so used (200 ml milk and had half of mix so 100ml from HEA) strawberries and 3 syns of syrup
L Lentil and veg soup with a ham and pease pudding sandwich (HEB)
D: chicken jamboree, mashed potato and veg

HEB
bread
HEA
100ml skim milk
60g philli light in mashed potato

Drinks
1 litre elderflower sparkling

Steps yest
8022/8000

I can't help re the bingeing either hun - I do it too every now and then - but it does seem to help me get back in focus, so take that as a positive xxx

And what pray tell is a ham and pease pudding sandwich! :)

As terrible as friday was - I do know it's mild compared to some previous binges so perhaps it will never quite go away but gradually get less bad.

I always forget that pease pudding is a northern thing - it's a sort of spread made by boiling dried yellow split peas in ham stock - has a vaguely hummus like texture and is traditionally served with ham or gammon up here. I used to loath it growing up but really like it now - pease pudding is also great to add to soup to thicken it up. Anyway it is amazing in a ham sandwich.

I do wonder if the bingeing will ever go away completely or if it is something I will always struggle with. I had a good day yesterday and so far so good today. Sorry about your gain but good to hear you are back on plan - in the past I have always failed at getting back once I failed probably due to sugar craving and also because i knowing i would have a gain normally i just carried on eating crap and then it was a massive gain and that much harder to get back on plan.

I wonder too? Worryingly I think its probably something we'll all battle forever. I think it ties into emotional eating. I think what we learn is to recover quicker / not be so negative for having a weakness after all we just human! I had a moment today were was feeling bit panicked about a work project. So popped into work to do quick assessment of whats needed next week. Felt even more panicked by that and heard the family size pack of custard creams in the coffee room calling to me! Like they would make it all better?! What I did do was eat an apple & pear I'd brought in with me in about 5minutes flat! Fixed my need to be eating but guilt free (so far!)

I can't help re the bingeing either hun - I do it too every now and then - but it does seem to help me get back in focus, so take that as a positive xxx

And what pray tell is a ham and pease pudding sandwich! :)
:eek: I'm not sure I want to know?!

I wonder too? Worryingly I think its probably something we'll all battle forever. I think it ties into emotional eating. I think what we learn is to recover quicker / not be so negative for having a weakness after all we just human! I had a moment today were was feeling bit panicked about a work project. So popped into work to do quick assessment of whats needed next week. Felt even more panicked by that and heard the family size pack of custard creams in the coffee room calling to me! Like they would make it all better?! What I did do was eat an apple & pear I'd brought in with me in about 5minutes flat! Fixed my need to be eating but guilt free (so far!)

:eek: I'm not sure I want to know?!

That's the thing with emotional eating - its such a trap because it's a cycle you feel badly so you eat badly and then you feel worse because of eating rubbish on top of whatever else was bothering you. So if you can't avoid altogether then recovering quickly is the way to the least amount of damage. Well done on avoiding the biscuits though.

The pease pudding is nice! honest.

I like the sound of the pease pudding snow! It would make a free alternative to butter too?
Good to hear you're getting back on track- the hardest part :-( x

Yes it is free on ee and green and is also a p on SP if you are doing that - never have dry bread again as long as you are having something that will go with it. :)

I am getting there! Trying to really up my fluid intake as between the exercise and the salt content of what I had on friday I am sure I am retaining water and while I'm headed for a gain hopefully if i can shift some water it won't be huge.

I also think 'bingeing' is something we need to deal with as and when/if it happens.....i don't think 'i' will ever be rid of it completely either....one of those things...unfortunately:sigh:

pease pudding sounds interesting :)

Hello again snowbryneich,

Thank you for posting your diary, it has been lovely to be reminded of the SW lifestyle (I did SW a few years back), you have achieved so much and I am sorry that now is such a difficult time for you.

We are here to listen

lostinarnia xx

Aww honey don't worry too much about your binge. Sometimes binges are good, and it's better to get it out of your system :)
Fingers crossed that the scale fairy will be kind tomorrow. Good luck!xx

I also think 'bingeing' is something we need to deal with as and when/if it happens.....i don't think 'i' will ever be rid of it completely either....one of those things...unfortunately:sigh:

pease pudding sounds interesting :)

Yeah - I have put it behind me and hopefully my couple of good days will mean it won't be a 7lb gain. I haven't been on the study scales for a few days but I will get on in the morning and they can just deal.

Hello again snowbryneich,

Thank you for posting your diary, it has been lovely to be reminded of the SW lifestyle (I did SW a few years back), you have achieved so much and I am sorry that now is such a difficult time for you.

We are here to listen

lostinarnia xx

Thanks hun - I hope some of my whittering on has been helpful. I am getting back on track now and really I think that is the important part - I am always going to fall off the wagon on occassion - the important thing is getting back on it.

Aww honey don't worry too much about your binge. Sometimes binges are good, and it's better to get it out of your system :)
Fingers crossed that the scale fairy will be kind tomorrow. Good luck!xx

Thanks hun - I'm hoping the gain won't be too bad and then I can get it off next week.

Yes lovie good luck for tomorrow xxx

Thanks!

Doing today's food a bit late as work was a nightmare today.Doing UAT testing for a system that is due for release in march which isn't in itself bad but man this round of testing is going terrible - we got the system today three weeks late and there is so much wrong with it so IT are fiddling with the code while are testing which essentially invalidates the testing as they keep dropping new version of code.

EE today
B: Bacon sandwich (HEB) plus 5 syns for fat on bacon and ketchup
L: Chicken Jamboree
D: meat free burgers (1 syn) hea cheese, slimming world chips and fried onions

Snacks
Apple
skips 4 syns
cookie (10 syns)

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free vimto (3 litres)
1 500ml diet coke

HEB
bread,
HEA
30g

Syns
5 breakfast
1 burgers
10 cookie
4 skips

Steps (yest)
8110/8000

Sorry to hear about the binge Snow. But everyone does it no matter how good they are the rest of the time.

I binge if I've been overly strict with myself as then once youve got a taste of the junk its hard to stop- hence my regular cheat days and using up most of my syn allowance, so make sure you are not depriving yourself.

*hugs*

I normally use all my syns (so mostly don't feel deprived) but I slipped and had a Domino's because I was feeling sorry for myself for what I felt was an undeserved gain and I think that just trigger junk food cravings and went completely off the rails. Back on plan now. At least I will definitely know where the gain comes from this week!

Thanks hun - I hope some of my whittering on has been helpful. I am getting back on track now and really I think that is the important part - I am always going to fall off the wagon on occassion - the important thing is getting back on it.

No worries, I am glad that you are getting back on track. When I have difficult times I try to remember this quote -

75535fdd353e19cb7d76d9a0a9790977.jpg

Take care
lostinarnia xx

Food looks yum today- which meat free burgers do you use? Are they a funny texture?

Well done for getting straight back on the wagon and not falling into the bad-food cycle :)

Asda's meat free burgers. Half a syn each. I don't think they taste exactly like real burgers but close and they don't have a funny texture so they are a handy freezer standby.

Back