Snow's healthy living ramblings

You are doing amazingly well, Snow. Your food diary looks great and I'm loving how much exercise you are doing. It's really motivating to me when I read your activity log. Massive thumbs up x

There is nothing stopping me doing another year and another year and getting to target!

I hope I do get to five but I've just had two big loses and I tend to get wee losses after big losses but you never know!

Woohoo you and me both, hun, I feel so comfortable with this eating plan - unlike everything else I've tried :D

And you just never know - all the walking might break that loss pattern! :)

You are doing amazingly well, Snow. Your food diary looks great and I'm loving how much exercise you are doing. It's really motivating to me when I read your activity log. Massive thumbs up x

Thanks! I was doing really well with swimming in the past as I love swimming but it's hard to fit in - the walking and lesley sansome I can do in the house so that is going a bit better so that would be my suggestion if you are wanting up activity!

Woohoo you and me both, hun, I feel so comfortable with this eating plan - unlike everything else I've tried :D

And you just never know - all the walking might break that loss pattern! :)

It is really nice to be able to lose weight and still have nice food and not be hungry!

It would be nice to break that pattern. We'll see.

Red day today instead of sp because I wanted pancakes that have yoghurt in them.
B: bacon (no fat), magic pancakes, stawberries, 4 syns of syrup
L: chicken breast with tabasco chipotle and bourbon sauce (0.5 for marinade and 0.5 for amount on plate) salad, carrot sticks and philli light(hea)
D: chicken jamboree and veg

Snacks
apple
kiwi fruit
2 hifi light bars

Syns
Syrup 4
bbq 1

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free squash (3 litres)
1lt water
3 glasses sugar free pop

HEBs
oats
hifi lights
HEA's
philli light
?

Steps (yest)

9021/9000

you have inspired me i just bought a step counter :D

that chicken breast sounds good!
well done on the steps!
my steps seem appalling at the weekend :D
only done 3000 odd today :rolleyes: :D ...must try harder :D....i do more at work during the week than i do most weekends!

Not sure what sort of day today as I forgot my lunch so it will depend what I can get from the canteen. If I can get something carb free then I will and have a red day.

It looks like I missed my step goal as my fitbit battery died on me half way through the day but I did Lesley and walked more than I did on saturday when I was out and about and I am sure I did hit 9000 - will keep a closer eye on the battery from now on.

B: apple, orange, half a muffin (6 syns)
L: ???
D: chicken jamboree and veg (and mash if I end up on a ee day!)

Snacks
apple

Syns

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free squash (3 litres)
1lt water

HEBs

HEA's

Steps (yest)

6016/9000

you have inspired me i just bought a step counter :D

It is really helping me with keeping active!

that chicken breast sounds good!
well done on the steps!
my steps seem appalling at the weekend :D
only done 3000 odd today :rolleyes: :D ...must try harder :D....i do more at work during the week than i do most weekends!

The sauce is really nice and so low syn for when you can't be bothered to make your own, They do two other varieties that are 1 syn per tbsp too.

haha before I as making an effort my weekend steps were pathetic - I'd only get a 1000 some weekend days if I didn't go anywhere as I spend most of my time at home studying which involves sitting. Now I do my initial read through of things while pacing up and down the hall then sit to make notes.

It looks like I missed my step goal as my fitbit battery died on me half way through the day but I did Lesley and walked more than I did on saturday when I was out and about and I am sure I did hit 9000 - will keep a closer eye on the battery from now on.

I get an email whenever my FitBit battery is low - have you got that set up? Just because I never look at the battery on the device itself, it being in a rather awkward place to check if you're in public!

I get an email whenever my FitBit battery is low - have you got that set up? Just because I never look at the battery on the device itself, it being in a rather awkward place to check if you're in public!

Yes I did get the email it came just after I went out so couldn't charge it and then it did last a while before it went out, mine is on my wrist so not too bad to check. I've got the email at about lunch at work before and it's still been going at home times so seems to vary how long you've got

I have to work out how to use mine at work cos I can't wear a wrist band.. Its not a fit bit can't afford one of them at the mo so its a cheaper alternative to get me started while i am saving up.

Thinking it will take me a while to get to the 10,000 mark:eek:

Some people wear theirs on their ankle if they can't have a wrist band and some of them you can take it out of the band and just stick it in your bra and it still should work. I have had mine for ages and still am not up to 10000 as my target so I would maybe wear it and see how many steps you get when not trying then stick a few thousand on that. I worked out I ususally did 6000 steps when I started so my first target was 8000 and when I hit that every day for a month I went to 9000 and when I get a full month of 9000 (or close to) I will go 10000

I use an app on my phone to count my steps. When I was out walking yesterday I noticed my phone was almost dying and thought 'well I may as well go home if it's not going to register my steps!' Because what's the point if you can't see the evidence?!....I then had a quiet word with my stupid self and carried on. Stupid batteries.

I use an app on my phone to count my steps. When I was out walking yesterday I noticed my phone was almost dying and thought 'well I may as well go home if it's not going to register my steps!' Because what's the point if you can't see the evidence?!....I then had a quiet word with my stupid self and carried on. Stupid batteries.

Ah I've done exactly that - I once took my fitbit off at work to charge and normally I do a full circuit of the whole building whenever I have to go the loo or for a print out to get my steps up and I got about half way round and was like why I am going this way - it won't count. Then told myself I was being silly and then instead went back to my desk for my fitbit went all round the building and then all the way back to what i was doing.

which fitbit do you have?
and what does it record?
just steps or other things like sleep patterns?
keep thinking about getting one myself but there are so many types that log all sorts of things, even like your heart rate and more etc....

just wouldn't know which one to choose...:rolleyes:

Amazing what we are a willing to do for our steps huh, iv noticed i now carry any shopping in non-banded hands, rejig bra strap with non banded hand and never ever put hands in pocket even if frozen silly lol I must keep that arm swinging haha. Your doing wonderful as per usual snow x x

which fitbit do you have? and what does it record? just steps or other things like sleep patterns? keep thinking about getting one myself but there are so many types that log all sorts of things, even like your heart rate and more etc....just wouldn't know which one to choose...:rolleyes:

Me too - be interested to hear which one you all have! xxx

I have a fitbit flex so is now a bit outdated as they’ve have a new one out now and it’s on a few models. (charge, charge HR) they do heart rate etc. The fitbit flex does steps and sleep and I think is about £50 new. I got mine for £25 off ebay and it’s been fine so worth keeping an eye out. I was watching a few on ebay at the time and picked the one I got the best price on so can't really advise on the best way to pick!

Today!
EE or Green
B:porridge (HEB), apple and banana
L: lentil and veg soup, clementine, kiwi fruit
D: ??? Not sure maybe enchiladas (green day) or salmon and pasta (ee day)
Snacks
Melts (4)
Fruit bar (4.5)
apple
Syns
Melts (4)
Fruit bar (4.5)
HEB
Porridge
HEA
30g cheese
Steps (yest)
9011/9000 ( just got there!)

I have a flex too mine was £58 in argos as it had 20% off a month ago, there are some that are £200 that are dive proof and monitor your heart rate via your pulse rather than clocking your steps, the charge HR monitors heart rate and counts floors so clocks your stairs or if you live on a hill but to be honest I don't think I would benefit from anything more as I don't intend turning into a gym bunny I would have thought that's where the heart monitor would benefit you. the HR is £150 or there abouts.. It is a fair outlay but I think I have finally found a way forward exercise wise so was well worth it for me x

I have a FitBit one, I got it for Christmas (it was on my Santa list). Wanted because 1/ at the time it was the only device the synced to MFP and 2/it sits on my bra rather than wrist or belt band - which is ideal.

mine is a cheap knock of while i save up bought it from an american site it has cost me 8 pound;) it will measure steps, distance, cals used and sleep patterns figure at 8 quid i have nothing to lose. should be here by the end of the week. I have also bought a walking dvd while i get my confidence back :eek:

Back