Snow's healthy living ramblings

broadbean that does sound bargainous and will get you started certainly!

I put 0.5lb on tonight which I was expecting based on the uni scales and yet annoying as I keep getting so close to being 22 something officially and then not getting there! next week though!

must be the week for it hubby gained 1/2 too ;) i have no doubt it will be gone next week with some of its mates xx

Yes never mind that little gain hun - and I think actually they help with resolve too!

Defo next week! xxx

And Zafira - amazing before and now pics hun, you can see such a difference!

Yes never mind that little gain hun - and I think actually they help with resolve too! Defo next week! xxx And Zafira - amazing before and now pics hun, you can see such a difference!
Was hoping it would inspire me to keep on track!
But it's not working at the moment.... If I don't sort it out soon I will end up back at the before pic!
I'm not feeling how I look in that pic, at the moment if that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry for vanishing. I have been preparing for houseguests from australia and they are here now. Going to miss dancefit alas as I am in charge of keeping them awake until 10:00pm to help them reset their body clocks. I'm at 11,000 steps already for today so not too bad - we've been running round the metrocentre buying stuff as their luggage missed their connecting flight.

Wednesday ended up being terrible for me as I forgot my lunch and had to work in another building which meant I didn't have my fruit bowl on my desk either. I made a good choice in the other canteen followed by a bad pudding - then got in so late and had a takeaway even though i have slimming world meals in the freezer.

Wednesday
EE or Green
B:nothing
L: beef and veg and gravy (no idea of syns) then banoffee desert (lots of syns)
D: beef and black bean sauce and boiled rice, chips and curry sauce
Snacks
can't remember
HEB
none
HEA
none

Steps (Weds)
9492/9000

Thursday
EE
B:porridge and apple (HEB)
L: nothing
D: pulled pork, slimming world chips and salad
Snacks
none
HEB
porridge
HEA
skinny Latte

Last edited:
House guests from Australia sound interesting :)
Your Wednesday sounded unavoidable to an extent, but these things happen and it looks like you got back on track though pretty much :)

Yeah I'd be worried about how low my calories are for today if it wasn't for yesterday - didn't mean to have no lunch but had to dash to get back from work to meet them and though I'd feed them something but we went straight out to the shops because of the luggage mishap and so we just had an early tea. I haven't had any syns at all and I thought I'm not going to eat them just for the sake of it after a bad day yesterday - I'd never cut syns deliberately but as it's worked out like that I'm going to go with it.

Hope you're having a fab time with the house guests :D

I've been mostly trying to keep them awake - they left at 10pm at night wednesday their time and it's now about 8am on friday aus time and they're just going to bed. Hope it helps them reset their body clock or I will feel really mean.

Always good to have a few Aussies about :D

Hope you've got lots of SW menus for them :)

It is nice to have them - they are good friends so it's nice to be in the same timezone! They are here for three months (though just with me until beginning of April) - going on a tour of the UK next and looking at maybe staying so it could be longer which would be nice.

They had pulled pork, slimming world chips and salad with me tonight but I think after the flight I could have fed them anything and they wouldn't notice. Going to do slimming world enchildas soon though, diet coke chicken and some other nice things. :)

Well done for jumping back on plan and planning meals for your guests that are slimming world friendly xx
I just planned Easter sunday meals with my mum and as i am cooking they are all having a sw roast. ( although maybe not my mushypea gravy that might be a step to far :D) I am making a sw lemon meringue wonder how long it will take them to notice the missing pastry :D:D

have a great time with your friends x

Sounds nice - I have no easter plans yet but probably will do roast chicken I think. I have never tried the mushy pea gravy (I tried trhe cauliflower one once and wasn't keen which has put me off - do you think the mushy pea one is okay?

At work today (and a few days next week) as I failed at saving leave but am sure my friends are still recovering from 48 hours without sleep before finally crashing last night)

Thursday
EE
B:Bacon, beans, blackpudding (4 syns), apple
L: I have some of those m and s wraps made with mooli - they are 1 or 2 syns will have to check
D: Not sure!

Snacks
apple, kiwi
HEB
?
HEA
?

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free squash
green tea
steps yest
14000/9000 - I can't believe I got to 14000 even though I missed Dancefit - I did do lesley though. I was at 13963 when I was going to go to bed and i paced until it said 14000 and then apparently managed to get to bed with no steps as it didn't count anymore haha.

14k is amazing snow! I'd be interested to see how many I did in a typical day but the mobile apps are rubbish!
Hope you have a nice time with your guests, good to see you're sticking to plan :)
I've seen a recipe for gravy where you cook onions slowly then add a beef stock cube and some water & blend it. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like something I'd make as a treat, regardless of sw, as I imagine it being really tasty! X

Warning for a really gross story below look away now if eating or have a sensitive stomach.

Yesterday I made veggie spaghetti for tea with hea of cheese for me, OH and my friends. - we'd barely finished eating when I feel like the first eye twitch of a migraine (excellent timing because if I'd had it earlier I wouldn't have eaten) I went to get my migraine meds - got to the my bag where they were then realise I was going to vomit (nausea is a mega side effect with me along with dizziness) and rushed for the loo and didn't make it and managed to vomit in the hall - I clamped my hand over my mouth which only made it worse as that just meant i sprayed vomit when i couldn't keep it down. And then I made it to the toilet where I puked up what felt like everything I'd eaten for a week. My OH cleaned up while I went and showered and brushed my teeth and took the meds then went to bed.

So I felt awful in general but also really awful for my friends (and my OH- though less for him as he's seen migraine induced vomiting from me before). I should come with a warning come stay with me there will be projectile vomiting ugh.

So I have apologised a million times this morning and they keep saying it's fine and rationally I know it is - I couldn't help it and they get that but I just feel even more self conscious than usual which is not great as I already feel pretty self conscious anyway. I know both these friends online which has always been fine as behind a keyboard I feel the same as everyone else but seeing them in person is bit weird because I am so uncomfortable about myself.

I don't know if anyone else has this too but I often feel so self conscious about how big I am. Even though I've done well on this diet I still can't get over how shameful it is I let myself get to the weight I was when I started and weirdly this feeling has gotten maybe a bit worse since losing weight - I don't feel any smaller mentally even though I have dropped several clothes sizes so I know rationally I am a bit smaller. Whenever my sister is up from London I end up doing something with her and some of her friends up here as she is trying to see everyone in a small window of time and she is telling all her friends how much weight I've lost because she's proud of me I just feel terrible her friends are lovely and would never say anything but I wonder how they can't think wow this is how big she is after losing four and a half stone, what did she look like before and things like that. I wish I could get past that and just work on whre I need to be.

Food update after my last depressing ramble.

EE
B: Nothing
L: Pulled pork sandwich (HEB) 3 x mini craving laughing cow cheese (1.5 syns) apple
D: Grilled chicken breast, jacket pototo, salad, slimming world coleslaw

Snacks
apple,
5 syns of nuts
HEB
wholemeal bread
HEA
?

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free squash
steps yest
6845/9000

Oh crikey hun, I hope you're feeling better now? What a horrible experience for you. I'm pretty sure we can relate to your feelings of inadequacy around people you don't know. I hated meeting my exes friends because I felt they would wonder why the heck he was with me. I struggle every day with paranoia about my weight, which is why I became a recluse for 4 years, so I'm not best placed to give advice, - but please know that you are not alone, and it's not just people who are overweight who get these feelings of anxiety and low self esteem.
I also totally get that you don't like talking about your weight loss before you are the finished article. I just hope that you are proud of yourself and keep fighting for the day when you can shout it out from the rooftops. You're doing amazing.

Back