Snow's healthy living ramblings

The study scales have me in the next stone bracket down again which has surprised me (I've been hovering at 23.1/23.2 all week on them but had a sudden shift on them) obviously that won't be officially in the next stone bracket as the study is a morning weigh in and official weigh in is an evening one. I also got my anniversary wrong I realised it's the 18th March so if I get the half stone a month I am aiming for I should certainly be at 5 stone by then.

EE today

B: multigrain oats sachet (HEB) apple, clementine
L: john west light lunch salmon (1 syn) apple, pear
D: It's taster night so might just have something light and let OH have a pizza (he doesn't get into midnight so pizza will be quick for him and I won't have to see him eat it.)
Snack
Tesco salmon sushi (1 syn)

Additional syns
Skips
Alpen light
Hifi light
10 Syns plus 2 for my sushi and lunch 12 so far. Saving the rest for taster night but then it will also be my dinner so even i go over syn not too bad?

Hey :) just been reading through your diary. Great weight loss, I have around 10 stone to lose so great reading about ppl losing lots of weight, getting some inspiration for different food as well. I must try the pulled pork, read about it on a few ppls diaries :)

Hello there and welcome - hopefully I gave you some ideas. I have over 11stone to lose still but when I started I had 16 so I am chippinig away at it. I highly recommend the pulled pork I could eat it again now but I am trying to not eat the same as I think that helps you not to plateau etc.

Hello there and welcome - hopefully I gave you some ideas. I have over 11stone to lose still but when I started I had 16 so I am chippinig away at it. I highly recommend the pulled pork I could eat it again now but I am trying to not eat the same as I think that helps you not to plateau etc.

You our certainly did :)

i find that if I eat the same things all the time I get bored quicker too... I try and buy something different each week when I shop or try a new recipe to mix things up a bit.

1.5 off tonight so a bit of variation from my scales (as expected really as they are always different just they dont seem to stay the same amount different.) I am really pleased ot get a loss after a rough weekend where my head wasn't always in the game and after my big loss last week. Really hoping to get 2 next week and get that next award. Also as last week I got my steroid gain off and this week I am down from that weight it occurs to me this weigh in (and every weigh in from now on is my lowest weight ever so that is good too :)

Well done :) here's to another good week

Thanks guys I was chuffed to have any loss after last week's massive one.

EESP Today
B: Nothing as meetings.
L: 3 slices turkey, cabbage, cauliflower, brocolli, carrots and gravy (3 syns) got a canteen lunch without stuffing or roasties - this was mainly due to how the roasties were cooked but as i had no carbs with lunch going to do the same tonight and try the cauliflower rice
D: Cauliflower rice and some sort of chilli or curry - will see what I feel like! Thinking a really hot curry :)

Syns
Gravy 3
Skips 4
options 4
ripple 9
Total 20

HEB1
Alpen light and hifi light
HEB2
choco caramel shreddies
HEA
skim milk

Drinks
4 cups cherry cinnamon tea so far (need to drink more)
2 cup options 4 syns
3 cups water

Yesterdays Steps (going to report this a day late for a total as obviously it will change throughout the day!)
11081/8000

Last edited:
Ended up doing spicy beef in black bean to go with the cauliflower rice yesterday.

Attachments

• 1423126374659.jpg
    1423126374659.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
EESP again

B: Multigrain porridge mostly with water and splash of skim milk (HEB 0.5 syns) Apple
L: Thinking of getting a sandwich from the canteen HEB + 2 syns as only have 800g bread if not light lunch and count the bulgar wheat in it as occasional free food, clementine,
D: Slow cooker Beef stew

HEB
Porridge
HEB
Bread
HEA
had two coffees with splashs of milk and a splash in my porridge but not enough whups
Syns

bread 2
parma violet 2
options 2
maltesers 9
maria sugar free biscuits 3
gravy mustard in stew 1.5

Drinks
jug cherry cinnamon green tea (4 cups)
cup options

Steps (yest)
9108/8000

Last edited:
Having an ordinary EE day as really craving carbs - going to do pasta for tea and really looking forward to it.

I had canteen breakfast too whups
B: Beans, bacon with fat on, black pudding. Going to count that as 10 syns (3 x 2 syns bacon, 4 for black pudding), Orange
L: John West Light Lunch (1 syn), Apple
D: Salmon and broccoli cheese pasta (HEA)

Syns
10 breakfast
1 light lunch
5 pop chips
2 options
18 syns (may have 2 1 syn sugar free biscuits later to make 20)

HEB
Hifi light + alpen light

HEA
Philli light in pasta sauce

Drinks
1 jug cherry cinnamon green tea (4 cups)
2 glasses water
options (2 syns)
dr pepper zero

Steps yest
8144/8000

Last edited:
Ended up doing spicy beef in black bean to go with the cauliflower rice yesterday.

This looks delicious... Did you make the sauce yourself? If so can you share your recipe?

This looks delicious... Did you make the sauce yourself? If so can you share your recipe?

Yeah I did - I probably got it from one of the books originally and there was a website with a recipe on but now just making it up as I go.

It was 400g lean diced beef (I've made it before with strips of frying steak and they work slightly better as this beef was slightly tough)
1 red onion, cut into rough chunks
2 peppers, cut into rough chunks
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp ginger
1tbsp light soy sauce or half a tbsp dark soy (the beans are salty so you don't want to over do the soy.)
2tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp fermented/salted black beans (got these from a chinese supermarket)
half a cup of stock
1 tsp corn flour (1 syn) to thicken sauce if needed- I didn't bother.

That is the black bean sauce recipe and I just added a chopped chilli and a tsp chilli flakes to make it spicy

You cook the beef in a wok with ginger and garlic (and chilli if using), until browned, add the veg and stiry fry for five minutes and then add the sauces, beans and stock. Stirfry/simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes. Add corn flour to thicken the sauce if you want about five minutes before done.

Yeah I did - I probably got it from one of the books originally and there was a website with a recipe on but now just making it up as I go. It was 400g lean diced beef (I've made it before with strips of frying steak and they work slightly better as this beef was slightly tough) 1 red onion, cut into rough chunks 2 peppers, cut into rough chunks 2 tsp garlic 2 tsp ginger 1tbsp light soy sauce or half a tbsp dark soy (the beans are salty so you don't want to over do the soy.) 2tbsp oyster sauce 2 tbsp fermented/salted black beans (got these from a chinese supermarket) half a cup of stock 1 tsp corn flour (1 syn) to thicken sauce if needed- I didn't bother. That is the black bean sauce recipe and I just added a chopped chilli and a tsp chilli flakes to make it spicy You cook the beef in a wok with ginger and garlic (and chilli if using), until browned, add the veg and stiry fry for five minutes and then add the sauces, beans and stock. Stirfry/simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes. Add corn flour to thicken the sauce if you want about five minutes before done.

Thank you :) I will give it a try next week

Was going to do an SP day but really wanted yogurt so realised I had no plans for pulses so just doing red instead so was allowed yoghurt (change to EE instead)

Breakfast
Melon, aldi greek lemon yog, danone cherry yog (1.5 syns)
Lunch
Hot dogs (ye olde oak 1.5 syns each 3 syns) 2 white finger buns (80 cals each so 8 syns) and 1 syn for ketchup and lots of fried onions 12 syns!
Dinner
Salmon, brocolli, tomato and pepper risotto, 1.5 syns

Snacks
banana
v small bowl corn flakes with HEA milk

Syn
1.5 yogurt at breakfast
12 for lunch!
1.5 for dinner
5 for cornflakes
20/20 to go.

HEBs
35 pistachio nuts
HEAs
350 skim milk

Drinks
2 x coffee (milk from HEA)
1 cup water
1 cup diet lemonade
3 cups diet coke

Steps (yest)
11081/8000

Last edited:
Hello and welcome - I tend to blather on about weight loss here too just too lazy to keep up two diaries! Thanks very much. You've done very well too - getting close to target there!

Yep it's easier to put everything all in one diary-less confusing too :D
I'm adjusting my target down another half stone approx(need to change it on statistics!) :) - my initial target at group is higher too, was set in a 'fluster' so to speak :D

Back