Snow's healthy living ramblings

Oooooooh hot dogs! Not sure I could stop at 2 tho!!

They were lovely. I had to stop at two as I was out of buns and it was already syn high for a lunch. Next time I will try and get wholemeal hot dog buns and have them on a red day so the buns can be the HEB or have hot dogs in Petit pains - that would be nice! As the hot dogs themselves weren't that high in syns. (I used the ye olde oak tinned ones american style hot dogs which are 1.5 each for the ordinary or 2 each for the giant.

I ended up not having a red day yesterday as the pulled pork wasn't done in the slow cooker - I used a 2 kilo pork joint when i have been using a 1 kilo and it obviously took longer to cook duh. So I did a one pot dinner of salmon, brocolli and tomato risotto. I put an aldi risotto pack (3 syns) 2 frozen salmon fillets, teaspoon of lazy a load of frozen brocolli and a tin of tomato's in the rice cooker and left it with the lid off for 25 minutes and it was lovely. I've synned it at 1.5 put it's actually slightly less as there was some left over which I've frozen for a lunch on a ee day.

Doing a red day today instead.

B: Melon, aldi greek lemon yog, danone cherry yog (1.5 syns)
L: Bacon no fat ww sausages (2 syns) beans (5 syns worth)
D: Pulled pork, sw coleslaw, salad, ww petit pains (HEB's) HEA of cheddar

Snacks
Apple
Custard apple

Syns
1.5 yog
7 for lunch
1 for extra light mayo on dinner
3.5 for a mini creme egg ice cream cone

Drinks
Coffee Milk from second HEA
2 cups water

Steps yest
8077/8000

Last edited:
Yesterday's dinner.

Attachments

• 1423400235092.jpg
    1423400235092.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 50
Yes it definitely would. Maybe would have to keep an eye to make sure it didn't stick I stead of just leaving it. Will definitely be making it again. Might add some onions and something else mild but green like green beans ir something just to up the superfree.

They are part baked. In the tesco's here they are with all the other part baked stuff but in the asda they are in a section all the other weight watchers bread stuff like weight watchers bagels and wraps and other bits. I buy about 5 packs whenever i see them as they seem to go in and out of stock (probably due to people like me haha)

I think I was actually quite lucky syn wise as my OH wanted hot dogs when we were in the supermarket and the app kept giving me no results for hot dogs so I just let him pick the ones he wanted (then downgraded as he wanted giant and we got the ordinary) and then got home and used the proper website to get the syns thinking if they were really high that I would have a weight watchers sasuage instead and they were only 1.5. Next time I will let him have the giant if they are only 0.5 more) but some by the same brand are 5 or 7 so it worked out well.

Today I am in a really down mood. I wore a new dress I bought in a size 24 to work - I haven't worn most of the new clothes I've bought have been deemed too nice for work haha but I finally decided to make some of them work clothes, as some stuff has been appearing to big on me lately and when I got into today my boss went oh that's a bit posh and then said shows off your new figure but she seemed really dubious when she was saying it. It is a more fitted style than I would more normally wear and now I am paranoid it is really too small for me and I am being deluded.

Also I was going to write about this on Tuesday but decided not at group this week my consultant mentioned that we had biggest loser coming up and someone went really dismissively oh well that will just be her then and pointed at me. Which it probably will but I was dwelling on it over the weekend and made the mistake of looking online about the biggest loser competition because maybe it is based on a percentage or something (it isn't) and just found quite a few different slimming world facebooks and threads etc where people were annoyed about having bigger people in their group and how it is easy for them to have big losses and them always winning awards which has made me a bit paranoid. I mean I'm not always slimmer of the week or month by any stretch of the imagination but I did win woman of the year and Miss Slinky (which I felt silly about to be honest). And I normally really like going to group because I've always found it helpful and it keeps me on track (and I'm on the social team so can't really not go even if I was going to miss a week of my countdown and waste a fiver) but now this week I'm not really looking forward to it.

Doing EE today

B: Multigrain porridge, banana, pear
L: sushi (2 syn)
D: Pulled pork, macaroni cheese (0.5 syns) salad and slimming world coleslaw - HEA of cheese on macaroni
Strawberries for afters.

Drinks
jug of cherry cinnamon green tea (4 cups)
water
coffee (0.5 milk

Syns
2 for sushi
0.5 milk
0.5 macaroni cheese
4.5 pop chips
3 mini daim egg
3 mini malteser bunny
5 2 mini creme eggs
18.5 syns

Steps (yest)
8671/8000

Last edited:
Oh snow sorry to hear you're having a down day :-( I'm sure your new clothes are fine & the woman at work may not be used to seeing you wearing nicely fitting clothes. Comments like that do make you question yourself though- but chances are she it was supposed to be a compliment! She's probably feeling silly now.
And as for those at group, I agree with the above, you're doing this for you & anyone not being supportive, well shame on them! Could you have a word with your C? If you're not bothered about it then ask to be left out of the competition, though it worries me that this would be bowing down to the bullies so to speak.
Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks guys I know you are right I go for me. I'd like to to tell these people I would happily swap me having a lot to lose for them winning everything!

I don't know if I could do that Rosie as this competition is one the pda works out not voted for etc. Plus I don't want to - I felt a bit silly winning the other awards but I do know I earned this one. I have lost the most. Plus I have the biggest loss in my group by some way and everyone knows it so it might seem a bit odd. I will have a word with the consultant though so maybe she won't make a big deal of it.

I didn't get to eat my lunch because work was manic and I forgot i had to leave early for a hospital appointment. I had to go and see the psychiatrist at the bariatic surgery department (I am under review with him because I don't want wl surgery and he doesn't think I should have wlsurgery and should carry on with slimming world but other doctors think I should have it as apparently "no-one my size loses this amount of weight on their own" but being under review with the psychologist means I am in the process so they leave me alone) that requies requires 3 forms of public transport each way as it's in the next city over. I am on the train back now. I grabbed some sushi to have on the way instead. I bought a variety of mini eggs/easter stuff in the wh smith but i have just had one of each and would like to report the daim mini egg is not worth three syns but I think the mini creme eggs and the mini bunny are well worth the syns in those! Saving the other mini creme egg to have later as that's the last of my syns!

That is s difficult one... I can understand how you are feeling. A few years back I lost a lot of weight at Sw, I was finding I was winning slimmer of the week/month regularly so I would often miss a week or go to a different group so that my group didn't get annoyed. But really why should you? You have earned it, the weight does not come off on its own!!!

You should go... Be proud of yourself :)

Thanks everyone. I am not going to different group due to being on the social team. I'd feel I was letting the consultant down. I am feeling much brighter today. Think maybe I just needed to get that off my chest.

Going to work today in another fitted dress! Also a new weigh in outfit as the other one was too big but it was a really light dress so didn't want to swap. I have tried on all my new clothes and weighed myself and this is the lightest of the ones in the work pile so can be my new weigh in outfit.

Also two nsv to report. I am wearing tights I bought from evans today. I know its a big shop but I'm so tall I never fitted in their tights before. Tbh I bought these in the boxing day sales and haven't dared try them on but I did today and they fit.

My other nsv is stupid but yesterday before I bought sushi I went and stood in burger king and worked out I could have a (small)bbq burger if I used all my syns on it as I'd only used half a syn so far that day and then decided it wasn't worth it and walked out. Walking out of a fast food joint without buying anything is a new one for me. :)

Doing EE today

B: Multigrain porridge,(HEB) banana, apple
L: melon and grapes, apple, strawberries
D: Not sure - may have to have a break from pulled pork, even though there is some left (I'd be happy to eat it again but OH is a bit sick) Strawberries for afters.

Drinks
jug of green mango tea (4 cups)
water
coffee (milk from HEA)

HEB
Porridge
HEA
350ml milk

Syns
Baked stars (4.5)
Probably a couple of mini creme eggs 7.5
12 syns

Steps (yest)
16120/8000 (fairly chuffed with that)

Thanks hun

I am being silly again and regretting changing weigh in outfit and the only comfort is that at least the none scale victory tights are 70 denier and my internet expensive plus size ones were 180 so they must weigh lighter than them haha.

Back