Snow's healthy living ramblings

Its interesting to note how many people started sw over a picture they hated but they are so useful for tracking your progress!
No need to feel silly about that post, the woman upset you & made you question yourself, but how nice that other colleagues have noticed and made kind comments :) changing clothes sure does make a big difference!
I've done pulled beef brisket before (it was delicious!) But I dont think Lisa eats red meat (correct me if I'm wrong Lisa?)
I think the barbecue sauce/flavours are quite strong with the pulled pork and it has the savoury edge of bacon/gammon, especially if you shred the pork in the wet sauce then return to the heat to reduce & make it sticky!

Haha sorry for the duff advice with beef. I actually think it might work with gammon if slow cooked as gammon falls apart in camp fire stew so might just fall apart on a long slow cook?

I am the opposite of you Lisa, I like pork and like bacon but don't like gammon - I'll tried the campfire stew and thought if I ever do this again, I'll do it with pork - i just find gammon so much saltier than bacon even when pre soaked.

Oh I didn't know gammon fell apart when slow cooked snow! Every day is a school day :)
I love gammon because of its saltiness lol its a rare treat though. One of my fav meals! X

Ditto the salty attraction of gammon!!
Still havent got a slow cooker though... May see if i can get a small pork joint and try it out...

MelonCollie mentioned ages ago she did pulled pork on a low heat in the over night so that might be an option?

I enjoyed the exercise class even if I didn't entirely keep up. Planning to go again next week. Was offered a lift home and decided to walk (regretted that haha) as my legs are like jelly which means it must have done me some good?

Well my friend from group can't go next week but someone else from our group has now said on Facebook she's considering it so wil try and convince her at weigh in so I don't have to go on my own haha

B: bacon (3 rashers = 6 syns) black pudding (4 syns) beans
L: crabstick and salad sandwich (HEB) 2 syns for light mayo Apple
D: Steak and chips and broccoli cheese (HEA) plus 1 syn for extra light mayo

Drinks
jug of water (4 cups)
pepsi max 600ml
jug of cherry cinnamon green tea (4 cups)
glass of nas squash

HEB
Bread
HEA
35 g philli light 15 cheddar in broccoli cheese
Syns
breakfast 10
Mayo at lunch 2
mayo at dinner 1
mini creme egg ice cream 3.5

Steps (yest)
15001/8000 (about 5000 of these were the class)

Last edited:
wow wow wow you have done so well xx loving your food diary x ,

Thanks Broadbean - I'm plodding on slow but steady!

Red day today

B: magic pancakes (35g of oats did me and OH) so 3 syns, strawberries, 2 syns worth of golden syrup (not quite full tbsp)

L: Hot dogs (3 syns) 2 ww petit pains (both HEBS) and onions fried in fry light, ketchup and mustard 1 syn
D: Chicken Jamboree and veg (from this thread http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/251494-chicken-jamboree.html

Drinks
1 coffee
1 green tea
jug of water
1 glass elderflower sugar free water

HEBs
WW petit pains
HEAs
75 philli light
milk (won't have 350 ml to get to two full hea's but won't syn what I do have in coffee
Syns
5 breakfast
4 lunch
5 for 21g milkyway
3 for alpen light (going to make cheesecake with HEA)
0.5 for choc shot (cheesecake)

Here is breakfast made the pancakes using my prize frying pan
pancake.jpg

Steps (yest)
9838/8000

Last edited:
Having a bit of a flap today as I have put 4lb on since Thursday despite being completely on plan :( I had put 2lb on on friday which I assumed might have been due to the exercise class and water retention etc but another 1lb on yesterday and another today. I am drinking loads in hopes of clearing any water retention and I know weight fluctuates but it is driving me slightly barmy.

Green day today
B: Strawberries and heart shaped pancakes again (HEB 0.5) 2 syns of syrup
L: cheese and onion toastie (HEB2/HEA2) and carrot sticks , Pear
D: Veggie brinner! linda mccartney sausages, beans, roast tomatoes, fried onions, frylighted potatoes, 1tbsp ketchup (0.5 syns)

Snacks
Apple
hifi light (0.5 HEB)
options (2 syns) made with milk from HEA2
chopped banana and tbsp nutella (4 syns)

HEBs
17.5g Oats/Hifi light
2 slices 400g wholemeal bread
HEAs
30g Cheese
350ml skim milk

Syns
2 syrup
2 options
4 nutella
0.5 ketchup

Drinks
Water
coffee
Jug Green tea
options

Steps (yest)
11848/8000

Last edited:
Yeah I have to for the uni study - I am sort of looking forward to it being done so I don't have to weigh every day as I don't think daily weighing is helpful (that said I'd never be able to stay off the scales entirely!) the uni study has been helpful though so swings and roundabouts!

I have mostly had green tea today (and lots of it) which is meant to help with water retention so maybe it will shift by tuesday.

Back