Snow's healthy living ramblings

Snow, I just added you to a scan bran group on fb in case there are any other cakes you want to try lol ;) x
Which group is that MC? I'm already in one group for that on there, but it's not that busy lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I added you as a friend so I can add you to the group lol

It's just called Scan bran recipes though.. has 10k members x

Thanks MC - I'm pending approval but I have to say I have been enjoying the scan bran cakes! I am a bit worried though because my scales say I have put on again and I've been doing red again which I normally have good losses on due to no carbs so I am wondering if maybe having half a cake a day is a bad idea even it is high fibre and accounted for in my syns. We'll see on Tuesday - if the uni scales (rubbish as they are) are wrong and I have a loss I'm going to carry on (will buy a load more scan bran!) but if not I will rethink. Mind it is time of the month so it could always be that.

Red again today.

B: 150g raspberries plus a fiji muller light
L: cheese and chorizo toastie (wholemeal thin HEB + HEA Cheese) 2 syns of chorizo. 2 chicken thighs (skin removed) 200g
sugar snap peas and 3 syns of aldi prawn crackers

D: Half a slimming world braised steak ready meal with extra veg and banana cake (HEB plus 3 syns) with banana philli (hea2) for pudding

Snack
Two slimming world quiches,
costa gluten free bakewell tart 6 syns x2

Syns
2 syns chorizo
3 syns crisps
12 syns bakewell tart
3 syns banana cake
20 syns

Drinks
2lt water
2lt sugar free pop
pot of tea

Steps yest - not sure I will make 9000 today as I stubbed my toe badly yesterday and have a limp! I was at 8500 yest so managed to limp my way to 9000 but it may not happen today!
9027/9000

the first day of my totm I normally always gain 5lbs :/ I have called in a holiday day when WI landed on the first day of it before lol! But yeah hopefully uni scales are wrong. :)

Food sounds good like always! I hope that your toe will be better soon. I'm about to do some body magic myself and get off my arse and walk the dogs haha!

the first day of my totm I normally always gain 5lbs :/ I have called in a holiday day when WI landed on the first day of it before lol! But yeah hopefully uni scales are wrong. :)

Food sounds good like always! I hope that your toe will be better soon. I'm about to do some body magic myself and get off my arse and walk the dogs haha!

I normally gain the week before my TOTM and lose on it but I was five days late this month so not sure if that applies still? also TMI but being late was freaking scary as I've been regular since my 2.5 stone award mid last last year - I was freaking out. I never used to care as my periods were so irregular I was used to being late and I assumed I wasn't fertile because they were so all over. Being late now they are regular was bloody stressful.

I have been doing some prep too, to keep me on plan. Overnight oats are in the fridge for tomorrow. I bought the chicken and mango salad from aldi that is 1 syn for lunch. I have everything prepped to go in the slow cooker for beef stew tomorrow. Feeling v organised!

Coffee cake sounds amazing. Can I ask what sweetner you use? Thats my problem - the horrid sweetner after taste has ruined my efforts so far!

Fab that your feeling focused and organised. Hopefully the uni scales are wrong & big loss coming your way. My consultant talked about scan bran challenge this week and was stressing need to double your fluid. I know you drink lots anyway but worth a boost x

Coffee cake sounds amazing. Can I ask what sweetner you use? Thats my problem - the horrid sweetner after taste has ruined my efforts so far!

Fab that your feeling focused and organised. Hopefully the uni scales are wrong & big loss coming your way. My consultant talked about scan bran challenge this week and was stressing need to double your fluid. I know you drink lots anyway but worth a boost x

I use Truvia if I can get it and store based Stevia if I can't which tends to be the most expensive but has the least after taste in my opinion - even so I think you need flavouring to hide it whenever I make any baked thing with sweetner in, I stick cinnamon and ginger in which I think hide it a bit. I didn't in the coffee cake but I think next time I will add some cinnamon in too just as i think it goes with coffee and is free.

That is a good point. I do drink lots but will see if I can manage an extra litre of water or so (not sure I could do much more!)

50 johnnys, the pill, implant, both coils... Should be protection enough. :p

But yeah I know how you feel to feel scared about that! Just make sure you always use protection and if you ever have the runs or feel slightly sick use johnnys for a week. That's what my sexual health adviser said to me at least.. :)

I'm on the injection now as I was worried on the pill. Must say I've been feeling hungry a lot on it though :/

Red day again!
B: Overnight oats with coconut muller light and frozen cherries (HEB) and a grapefruit
L: Aldi chicken mango salad, (1 syn) sugar snap peas,
D: Slow cooker Beefstew (lean beef, cauliflower, carrot, broccoli, red onion, frozen onion,garlic, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, 2 x beef stock cube) - may add some extra veg with this but lots in it!
Snacks
Ham sandwich in wholemeal thin (HEB2) 1 syn for mustard
150g raspberries
Tunnocks tea cake (5 syns)
Ginger scan bran cake (5 syns) with Philli light (HEA1)
Syns
Salad 1
Mustard 1
Teacake 5
Scan bran cake 5
12 syns
Considering doing that biscoffi spread 6.5 syn hot chocolatewith my other HEA which would bring me to 18.5 (if anyone is wondering whyanyone would use 6.5 syns and their hea on hot chocolate when you could have anoptions for2 – putting the biscoffi spread in makes it really super thick. Youget like a mug of chocolate custard. It’s amazing.
Breakfast today is brought to you by the fact I’ve nevertried overnight oats and last week I told my group they were nicer made withfrozen fruit (because I’ve read it on here) and they are all praising me onfacebook so I felt a bit shamefaced so thought I’d better try them – it doesseem to make it like you get a lot more oats than you do using the same amountin porridge!
And the grapefruit is because Shelley and MC were discussingit on another thread and I realised I didn’t know if I liked it (I mean I knowI have tried it in the past but found it too faffy to eat out of the halfs) so Idecided to just buy one and peel it and eat it and then I wondered if youcouldn’t peel them because the skin was too tough so I was googling that at 11last night (it’s a wild life I lead I know) where I read a thread that reckonedpeople found them more bitter than they were as sprinkling sugar on it onlymade more of a contrast to the taste which I reckon might be true as it wasn’tas bitter as I was expecting. Anyway I quite liked it so I may be making it abreakfast staple.
I am v excited to have a tunnocks tea cake too (sadcase thatI am) I do not understand how they are only 105 calories (5 syns) when adigestive is like 70 calories (3.5) on their own? And it has a digestive base?Still v happy this is the case!

Drinks
3lts water
2lts sugar free pop

Steps!
9065/9000 – I limped my way to this mind not sure it willhappen today as limping round the house is one thing – limping round the officeslightly more embarrassing!

I have been making the overnight oats lately and with frozen fruit, quite liking it
As for the extra drinking with scan bran cake I never have and as you know I was always having scan bran cake but all I tend to drink all day is coffee and occasionally diet coke or energy drinks
And have never had any problem....

I like the overnight oats too but think it gave me a gain, just one of those unlucky people - lots get on fine with them.

I also love grapefruit, having one tomorrow in fact :).

FYI re the Muller coconut, it has a syn value, about 1/2 per pot - but they are lush, I use it in chicken korma xxx

I have been making the overnight oats lately and with frozen fruit, quite liking it
As for the extra drinking with scan bran cake I never have and as you know I was always having scan bran cake but all I tend to drink all day is coffee and occasionally diet coke or energy drinks
And have never had any problem....

Ah well more water won't hurt. I think you actually sharp realise if you aren't having enough water with scan bran XD

I like the overnight oats too but think it gave me a gain, just one of those unlucky people - lots get on fine with them.

I also love grapefruit, having one tomorrow in fact :).

FYI re the Muller coconut, it has a syn value, about 1/2 per pot - but they are lush, I use it in chicken korma xxx

Oh no. Now I'm worried. I have oats quite often though maybe I'll be okay. It was really filling so hope it doesn't cause me to gain. I know cerrain things can do that even though technically okay on plan.

I actually had the coconut and lime muller which is a standard one not the greek so free. I don't think it tastes of lime at all so forget to mention the lime.

Oh don't worry hun, lots of people are fine with them - I shouldn't have mentioned it :)

Coconut and lime? Yum! haven't seen those, where did you get them from?

I love overnight oats, I haven't had any problem with them :) And well done on your weight loss so far Snow, you've done fantastic xx

Oh don't worry hun, lots of people are fine with them - I shouldn't have mentioned it :)

Coconut and lime? Yum! haven't seen those, where did you get them from?

Fingers crossed! As I thought these would be like cold porridge and yuck but they were nice and I relieved to have a way to eat frozen berries as they are cheap but I normally don't like them.

From Asda - they are one of the limited edition ones I haven't seen them in yonks so they may have brought them back for summer. Really nice in a korma or thai curry. Btw if you have an aldi near you then their greek yoghurts are free and about half the price of mullers. They come ina little four pack so look more like traditional yoghurts (The strawberry, lemon and coconut are free and the toffee half a syn.) they also do a fruit layer that are like fruitopolis which are free for strawberry and peach and 0.5 syn for cherry and again much cheaper.

I love overnight oats, I haven't had any problem with them :) And well done on your weight loss so far Snow, you've done fantastic xx

Thanks - I hope no problems as I liked them more than I thought i would and they are a good filling breakfast! Been struggling a bit this year but hoping to see some movement soon!

Back