Snow's healthy living ramblings

Thanks guys - I should pick up Leslie again. I was doing it before the visitors. I wanted to read my book though haha.

My scan bran cake went so wrong tonight. I had put in the oven and was making chilli for "nacho bake" tomorrow (I haven't really followed their receipe - I've just made veggie chili which I am going to have with wedge and primula haha) and then I as like what are these eggs doing on the bench. Not being in the scan bran cake is what - I still ate it and it taste roughly the same but was a bit sloppy whups.

well done 3lb is brilliant :bliss::bliss::bliss:

i have bought scan bran :D your cakes sound so good i need one, hubby is mortified, he hates the stuff but i bet he eats my cake ;)

LOL excellent kitchen fail there Snowie, I'd also do something like that :D

So what scan bran cake recipe do you follow? i tried it once and thought it wasn't worth the phaff, but could be persuaded - and I have loads of sugar free syrups to use up! :)

well done 3lb is brilliant :bliss::bliss::bliss:

i have bought scan bran :D your cakes sound so good i need one, hubby is mortified, he hates the stuff but i bet he eats my cake ;)

My OH does and he isn't even doing slimmimg world. he feels diet cake is better than no cake!

LOL excellent kitchen fail there Snowie, I'd also do something like that :D

So what scan bran cake recipe do you follow? i tried it once and thought it wasn't worth the phaff, but could be persuaded - and I have loads of sugar free syrups to use up! :)

My basic recipe is
5 scan bran
1 muller light ot 175ml natural yoghurt
2 eggs
6-8tbsp sweetner
whatever flavouring. My main ones are coffee (just add coffee - no syns), ginger (tbps black treacle plus ginger and cinnamon 2 syns,) banana, (1 banana, 1 tbsp golden syrup, cinnamon 6 syns for cake) chocolate (2 tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp choc shot 200g frozen rasbberries 10 syns) Then extra syns if not using scan bran as a b choic.

I soak the scan bran then mix it up with all the other ingredients (the banana one goes in a blender) then cook it in a lined tin for 25-30 mins for gas mark 5.

The banana one also has two weetabix in so is a full heb where the others are al half as I don't eat the whole cake (my OH gets half) The others don't the chocolate one had raspberries in to bulk it up so they are both bigger cakes than the coffee and ginger.

Made me laugh :D Sounds exactly like something I would do, lol!

I hope you enjoy the chilli!! :D

It tasted nice yesterday and these things normally improve over night so I'm hopeful. If not it will have a load of cheese on it so that's a plus :)

Green today

B:Overnight oats (HEB plus 2 syns) natural yogurt, 2 chopped apples, and 35 oats with cinnamon and 1 tbsp honey. Grapefruit
L: Tin Heinz spaghetti bolognaise (3 syns) raspberries
D: Nacho bake with quorn mince. (HEA and possibly HEA2)

Snacks
clementines
Half a ginger scan bran cake (0.5 heb 1 syn plus quark icing)
hifi light (0.5 heb)

Syns
2 for honey
3 for tin spag bol
1 for scan bran cake

Drinks
3 lts water
1.25 lts sugar free pop

Step
9300/9000 :stickdance:

Haha I agree! I loved the cheese! I think it needs a good 15 min instead of 10 under the oven though with the cheese. But that's my preference :)

Green today - I didn't have nacho bake yesterday as I had a migraine and went to bed right from work

B: Porridge (HEB) 1 syn for spoon of white chocolate options, raspberries, Grapefruit
L: Sushi (2.5 syns - co-op fish sushi selection (1.5) co-op fish sushi snack (1)
D: Nacho bake with quorn mince. (HEA and possibly HEA2)

Snacks
clementines
Half a ginger scan bran cake (0.5 heb 1 syn plus quark icing)
hifi light (0.5 heb)

Syns
1 for options
2.5 for sushi
1 for scan bran cake

Drinks
3 lts water
1.25 lts sugar free pop

Step (migraine broke my streak :( )
5418/9000

Much better today - I decided to have a look round town after work in an attempt to get red jalapenos - no luck - but I did find the quorn chorizo so that was a bonus. Cooking the wedges for the nacho bake right now. Chilli when tasted is soooo much hotter than I normally make it. Still tasty.

I quite like the quorn chorizo, but no idea how it compares to the real thing, as I've never had that.

I think all of you should be on Bake Off. It'd be way more entertaining with people leaving the eggs out of cakes and such (which is something I would do, too!) :D

Quorn chorizo?!
Oh, will have to look out for that one!

Waitrose is the only place I've found it here!

Oooh did it go in the chilli? How was it?

Oh wow that would be lovely but no. I wanted it for mini pizzas this weekend - it's so much lower in syns than the real thing. (3.5 per 100g to 11.5 per 100 100g) The texture is wrong but the flavour is good (i find this for most quorn things tbh)

I quite like the quorn chorizo, but no idea how it compares to the real thing, as I've never had that.

I think all of you should be on Bake Off. It'd be way more entertaining with people leaving the eggs out of cakes and such (which is something I would do, too!) :D

Haha - it always more entertaiing when something goes wrong!

I loath mushrooms too but it's more the taste than the texture - I know quorn is technically mushroom. I didn't end up having mini pizza today anyway and I have a bit of real chorizo left to use up so I might use that on mini pizza tomorrow and save the quorn to do a chorizo risotto on my next green day.

I ended up doing a SP today so I could have beans.

B: Grapefruit
L: Beans, bacon no fat, 2 sw sausages, fried onions and an apple for afters 2 syns ketchup
D: homemade burger stuffed with jalapenos and a babybel light (I got the red ones at last) with salad, homemade coleslaw and refried beans. (2 syns for ex light mayo in the coleslaw and 2 more syns for ketchup) serve with 1.5 wholemeal thins (HEB) and the other 2 baby bel lights for my HEA. I bought a burger press off ebay which turned out to be for stuffed burgers that are ginormous. I think next time I'll just try shaping them myself so they actually fit in a thin or a bun.

Snacks
Nothing so far but going to make a scan bran cake for my other 0.5 HEB (and use quark instead of yoghurt) and mix some quark with biscoffi spread and vanilla essence for the icing.
Syns
4 ketchup
2 mayo
2 biscoffi spread

12 left. I have some refreshers and love hearts and so will see how many that gets me :)

Drinks
2 lts water
2 lts sugar free pop
3 cups peppermint tea

Steps yesterday
10147/9000

They were nice. I managed to track down red jalapenos as well so put them in :)

Haha yes - learn from my mistakes - I am making ginger tonight.

Back