Snow's healthy living ramblings

Over synned the mayo as it was 2 syns for the whole.lot and my oh had half. But did ginger scan bran cake so there is one syn for the black treacle there.

Those stuffed burgers look/sound good!!
may have to have a go at those myself :)
That scan bran recipe page on fb has a lot of good recipes too, will have to try some of those as well ! :D
Sooooo many things to make at some point...the lists are endless! :D.....but it's all good :)

I need to check that out - I tend to stick to the few I already do!

Red today

B:
Beans (4 syns), bacon no fat, 2 healthy living sausages (2 syns) , fried onions and an grapefruit for afters 1 syn ketchup and a 1 Syn vanilla frappuchino. Muller light cappuccino, 50ml skim milk (1 syn) couple of.ice cubes, spoon of instant coffee and some sugar free vanilla syrup, all blended up.

L: Mini pizza's (HEB) and sugarsnap peas, ham and smoked salmon (HEA on cheese on pizzas) 2 syns for 20g chroizo

D: sticky chicken (2 syns for honey) and veggie stirfry

Snacks
Nothing so far but going to make a scan bran cake for my other 0.5 HEB (and use quark instead of yoghurt) and mix some quark with biscoffi spread and vanilla essence for the icing.
Syns
7 for breakfast beans, sausages and ketchup
2 for chorizo at lunch
2 for honey at tea
2 for biscoffi spread
1 for frappucino
14 - 6 left

Drinks
2 lts water
2 lts sugar free pop
3 cups peppermint tea

Steps yesterday
9179/9000

Just popping into say they have the quorn chorizo in my Sainsburys! X

Good point Rosie - the big sainbury's here is definitely the best for quorn - the problem is for me is that is only accessibly by car and I do most of the shopping by bus as my oh works shifts and has the car.

I have made my overnight oats for tomorrow, I've used a vanilla muller with choc sprinkles and raspberries and 1 syn of choc shot for chocolate raspberry porridge which I'm super excited about.

I've also stuck my icing for my scan bran cake in the freezer in hopes it will turn out ice cream like. Hot ginger cake with biscoffi ice cream :) mmmm

The ice cream was lovely. I ended up chucking some quark inwith my Hea to bulk it up but it was really nice and ice cream like and didn’tgo on crystally like it has every time I’ve tried to freeze yoghurt. The philligave it a real creaminess like real ice cream. I am going to try it with a tbspof nutella and some choc shot for chocolate ice cream!

Red day again -

B: Chocolate raspberry overnight oats (1 syn +HEB1),grapefruit
L: Iceland lamb in gravy (this is back on the syn calculatoras syn free as there was some debate about it being synned some time ago whenit vanished off there) some green beans and a tablespoon of garden mintconcentrate (the syn free/sugar free mint sauce)
D: Ostrich fillet, carrot chips, salad and coleslaw (2 syns)
Snacks
Clementine’s
Ham and 4 laughing cow lights (HEA1)
Sugar snap peas and salmon pate (smoked salmon, herbs and cottage cheese blended)

I have a recipe for scan bran biscuits I’m going to trytonight for my other HEB and if I can get some more quark on the way home I amgoing to try the chocolate ice cream

Syns
Choc shot 1
Coleslaw 2
Scan Bran biscuits 2
Ice cream 4
Drinks
2lts water
2lts sugar free pop
2 cups herbal tea
Steps yest
9496/9000 (if I’d noticed this before midnight I would havedone the 4 steps to get a nice round number )

Last edited:
i love how inventive you our with your meals. i am off to hunt down some choc shot cos i really really want choc and raspberry porridge now :D
I do have a burger stuffer and love it. it does make huge big burgers though. my favorite is onion mushroom and peppers with low-low spread cheese with chilli. the cheese oozes out when you cut into it yum xx

good luck for tonight's weigh in although with your menu for this week i am sure its going to be fab x

i love how inventive you our with your meals. i am off to hunt down some choc shot cos i really really want choc and raspberry porridge now :D
I do have a burger stuffer and love it. it does make huge big burgers though. my favorite is onion mushroom and peppers with low-low spread cheese with chilli. the cheese oozes out when you cut into it yum xx
good luck for tonight's weigh in although with your menu for this week i am sure its going to be fab x

haha I think I had got in a bit of a rut so now trying to mix it up. I have been loving the choc raspberry porridge - yest i had no vanilla yoghurt left so i used coconut so had chocolate raspberry and coconut which was really nice.

Your burger does sound yum - I bet low low would be better than babybel lights as while it was nice to have oozy cheese in the middle I find babybel lights don't taste of much and I love the taste of low low. I would probably use low low with chilli and still chuck some jalapenos in there.

Well the study scales show a three pound gain over night which is depressing - I am assuming must be water retention as I've been on plan.
(That or they are just wrong again!) Going to have some green tea and lots of water - though I stop drinking at 2 on weigh day.
EE Today
B: Overnight oats (1 syn choc shot) and a grapefruit
L Fish in butter sauce (1.5 syns) and green beans and sweet corn
D: lasagne and chips and salad
Snacks
Clementine
Love hearts
Syns
1 choc shot
1.5 fish in butter sauce
6 love hearts
Drinks
Trying to stick with water and green tea today -
Steps yesterday
9028/9000

What a drag, but like you say it's not a real gain because you've stuck to plan. Water retention, TOTM, needing a poop! it all adds up. Good luck for tonight!

Good luck for WI!

And loving the sound of that choc raspberry and coconut oats mmm.

Re yog ice cream I have a cheap ice cream maker and it makes lovely Muller yog ice cream, I'm making coconut and lime this weekend :)

A STS! Slightly relieved - it's a little gutting it isn't a loss after three red/sp days in a row which normally get the best result (damn you carbs) but I was so relieved it wasn't a gain when I've been good! Hopefully it will show next week.

it will show next week love x x

Thanks guys. at least the official numbers didn't go in the wrong direction. It hovered between 3.5 and 4 and I was sure it was going to settle on 4 for a 0.5 gain so was extra relieved.

broadbean - I have only ever got choc shot in sainsbury's up here - but if you can't get any I think you could use an options for 2 syns instead of 1?

EE Today
B: a grapefruit (was going to have a salmon light lunch too but work prevented it)
L Jacket potato with cheese and salad (hea)
D: pasta salad and salad
Snacks
Clementine +Apple
Itsu noodles and wafer thin chicken (1 syn)
Banana scan bran cake (HEB + 3 syns)

Syns
noodles 1
cake 3
salad cream 2
Drinks
2 ltr water
1 lt sugar free pop
1lt tea

Steps yesterday
9537/9000

Back