SnS starts tomorrow. Anyone else starting tomorrow too? I need support :D

I've started (again) today. Feeling quite positive so far but then it is only half way through day 1, lol. :)

I really don't like the soups or mac cheese - I think there's a new carbonara out or is that exante - I get confused as I have had sachets from both. I love the fact you can have a "proper" meal with some veg with slim and save, I really like all the other savoury meals. I think that when I get to goal having eaten these meals will hopefully have set me up to going back onto normal food.

Because I don't do soups I usually have some Marigold Bouillon. I couldn't do without milk in my cups of tea too so also have skimmed milk. Not everyone does this but I also have the odd Coke Zero too as without that occasional change in drink I don't think I personally could stick to it. You end up finding out so much about yourself when you do this kind of diet! I use Tesco Raspberry Ultraslim bars too instead of a slim and save bar as somewhere there's a thread that tells you what replacements you can use for slim and save products and as well as being cheaper they are again a change which sometimes is just what you need to carry you through a sticky time. My friend also does Slim and Save but she has to stick rigidly to the products allowed and that works better for her, you'll get to know what works for you and what doesn't.

I'm taking this slow and trying not to put too much pressure on myself. Basically I just want to put my head down and get on with it. Good luck with your journeys! :)

xxx

emma- yep! haha. I still have to feed my OH what he usually has and suffer. I have to do the 4 a day or I'll be chicken nibbling!

I had a shake this morning and because I was cleaning I wasnt hungry and only just had a macaroni cheese. So now I have to eat another 2 packets? Is that right? I feel like im having too much food. Ive eaten half a milk truffa bar (which was rankidoodle) and going to have a shake for tea.

If this is right then me and this diet are going to get on.

Also was the mac and cheese supposed to be a soup!? Im going to start putting them in cups. They are not solid enough for cutlery!

So far good day.

Hi tog pogle :D Im doing the coke zero today. As i havent ordered anything from slim and save yet. Have you seen the list of what we can drink? Its pretty good actually.
Here it is for those who havent:
The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

• Tea
  • Coffee
  • Coke Zero
  • Asda Diet Coke
  • Dr Pepper Zero
  • Bouillon
  • Green Tea
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Tescos own Strawberry Water
  • Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
  • Sainsbury's Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Zero

Definitely spending my life drinking dr pepper zero and tesco strawberry water! :D

xx

emma- yep! haha. I still have to feed my OH what he usually has and suffer. I have to do the 4 a day or I'll be chicken nibbling!

I had a shake this morning and because I was cleaning I wasnt hungry and only just had a macaroni cheese. So now I have to eat another 2 packets? Is that right? I feel like im having too much food. Ive eaten half a milk truffa bar (which was rankidoodle) and going to have a shake for tea.

If this is right then me and this diet are going to get on.

Also was the mac and cheese supposed to be a soup!? Im going to start putting them in cups. They are not solid enough for cutlery!

So far good day.

Hi tog pogle :D Im doing the coke zero today. As i havent ordered anything from slim and save yet. Have you seen the list of what we can drink? Its pretty good actually.
Here it is for those who havent:
The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

[*]Tea
[*]Coffee
[*]Coke Zero
[*]Asda Diet Coke
[*]Dr Pepper Zero
[*]Bouillon
[*]Green Tea
[*]Peppermint Tea
[*]Tescos own Strawberry Water
[*]Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
[*]Sainsbury's Diet Cola
[*]Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
[*]Sainsbury's Classic Zero

Definitely spending my life drinking dr pepper zero and tesco strawberry water! :D

xx

Ah thanks for that list hun some on there are new to me :) mac cheese is a meal - most people seem to have it with cauliflower broccoli mushrooms that sort of thing.

How's the diet going?! I'm on week 2 tomorrow, first week went easy enough, don't you think the packs are amazing? Absolutely hate the soups though... So powdery :X

Are you doing 100% packs or having extras with the packs?

glad to be of help willpowerwoman x

Hi aaron! Nice to see a guy in the chat!

Im doing all packs. How about you? I would be too tempted to cheap if I had proper food. I havent had any soups yet but Im struggling to push these shakes down. The banana one was yummy but the hazelnut and crispy vanilla is awful. Im holding my nose to get the last bits in! Im not hungry though so thats good.

Well done on getting through week one. Always the hardest bit.
I had the maccy d's cravings last night in bed for some reason. I dont actually go there that often but all of a sudden it was like I could cane 5 cheeseburgers! Went to sleep looking forward to a crispy vanilla in the morning...brutal.

Cant wait to start choosing what I like. Its horrible having these mystery packs!

x

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT drink the tesco strawberry water I just got some delivered and it has citric acid in it! So glad I checked. Just messaged SnS to tell them.

Diet update today. Still going strong!
Both spags are yummy and so is caramel shake :D

Had food cravings today but powered through :D Dr pepper zero is really helping with the water intake aswell :)

Bring on day 3!!:p

Hi I'm at the end of day 5 :)
Doing ok, not hungry... But really wanting food arrrgggh
Anyway just thought I'd add in about the mac and cheese... Leave in the water for five mins before you cook it same with anything with pasta or spaghetti in :) you will notice a massive difference in the texture it's like real pasta and won't be drinkable then! If you like to use cutlery
But if you like it as a drink do that too:) x

Ok so its day 5 and after feeling funky and feeling like I may as well live on the loo I'm starting to struggle.
Doesn't help making my partners food either. He says he will do it but I know what he is like if I don't feed him he will eat pot noodle and pizza every night and then I will be skinny and he will be fat and we will go through this all over again lol

Thanks hun for the pasta info. Luckily I eventually found that on the bottom of the page. Teach me for skim reading!

I just want carbs!! Mainly cake!! and those new McBites!!!

What drives me mad is that despite having lost 6 pounds its all water and 1 nibble and it goes on again. Its like I cant get excited because its all pretend :(

Its my birthday on the 29th and Im going back home to Wales for a few days and Im going to want to go out for a meal with the family. Im contemplating just having meat and salad and hoping that will keep me in ketosis and not set me back or to just suffer and celebrate with a mac and cheese lol Anyone got info on this?

Im struggling with this water intake. I never drink much and I find myself gagging at night trying to fit it all in. (giggle...sorry)

Haven't strayed like most diets I do so that's good.
Ive told my parents I'm on a diet now so I cant go back now for fear of their disappointment.

ugh...this sucks!

Sucks bad...

I couldnt sleep at all last night either :(

MOAN MOAN MOAN!

Maybe I should take up hibernation...

You all ok? x

Hiya! You sound like me a couple of days ago. I just felt so grumpy and low about everything. Love your comment about the pretend weight: I could have written that myself!

Now I'm going to get out a wet kipper and slap us both about the face a bit with it, ok?

Better?! :D

This diet IS worth it. After that initial glycogen loss, the rest really WILL be fat - and it will come off SO FAST. Don't give up! I think I focused so much on how difficult the first week was likely to be it didn't occur to me I might have subsequent wobbles. Well, I think we'll always have good days and bad days. But just think: if you've had a rubbish day in other ways but have at least stuck to the plan 100%, how good will you feel at bedtime?

((hugs)) this really is a mind game, this vlcd malarkey. But we can do it!!

Hiya! You sound like me a couple of days ago. I just felt so grumpy and low about everything. Love your comment about the pretend weight: I could have written that myself!

Now I'm going to get out a wet kipper and slap us both about the face a bit with it, ok?

Better?! :D

This diet IS worth it. After that initial glycogen loss, the rest really WILL be fat - and it will come off SO FAST. Don't give up! I think I focused so much on how difficult the first week was likely to be it didn't occur to me I might have subsequent wobbles. Well, I think we'll always have good days and bad days. But just think: if you've had a rubbish day in other ways but have at least stuck to the plan 100%, how good will you feel at bedtime?

((hugs)) this really is a mind game, this vlcd malarkey. But we can do it!!

Thanks I definitely needed that kipper! haha
I think Im miffed more because Im luckily not working at the moment so my plan being to sleep most of the day and then wouldnt be so bad lol. Cant wait til it starts dropping off.
I can do this. Theres so many people on tv at the moment talking about their million and 1 stone loss that its spurring me on too. I refuse to wobble about the place at summer getting thigh chaffage again.

-sigh- and caaaalm

Thanks spanglymum! Thank god for this forum! xx

Yerp it is actually a lot of say salad to bulk a meal out! I'm really struggling tonight had all my packs now and still emotionally hungry... It all started in uni today another group qualified today and had a massive buffet which when theyd finished the left overs came to our room so has three hours of passing all this amazing food round and just smelling it and now ive come home and My whole family have had a massive binge 6 different meals between the 3 of them I won't tell you the specifics so don't make you hungry but included proper pig out foods White chocolate ice-cream milkshake, pizza and cheese on toast :( x

Yerp it is actually a lot of say salad to bulk a meal out! I'm really struggling tonight had all my packs now and still emotionally hungry... It all started in uni today another group qualified today and had a massive buffet which when theyd finished the left overs came to our room so has three hours of passing all this amazing food round and just smelling it and now ive come home and My whole family have had a massive binge 6 different meals between the 3 of them I won't tell you the specifics so don't make you hungry but included proper pig out foods White chocolate ice-cream milkshake, pizza and cheese on toast :( x

Oh no thats brutal!!! Worst thing is I gave my partner a pig out tonight to get loads of yummy food out of the freezer. He had 2 kievs, 5 fried hash browns, 5 mini kiev bites, 5 onion rings, beans, 2 bread and butter and 2 eggs. I very nearly stuck my face in it!!! Now they are gone and I can relax a bit more lol! Im starting to lose that 'mystery' stage now. Before it was 'oo what packet shall i ave today!' now its like 'great, another pepper filled baby portion of slush to force in my face before yet another pint of effing water!! arrrgh.
Why did we get to this?!?!?!
Ive now missed the delivery for slim and save forgetting I only had enough til sunday so I now have to buy them from ebay and eat curry for the whole of monday...ergh!

Where is that wet kipper when I need it!

sorry about the food list...you started it hehe x

Haha yes they were getting rid of all the frozen party food left from Christmas arrrgh spicy hot prawns chicken bacon and cheese mini queches chicken sticks you name it they had it.... In front of me! You wouldn't believe there was only three of them.... But that Is why I am obese!
Yer I know what you mean about the mystery haha! Funnily enough I run out sat night and didn't realise that sat wasnt included in next day so getting it Monday (5 weeks worth :/) but they are sending me six of the packs first class to hopefully get here tomorrow which was really good of them fair dos :) x

Back