SO ANGRY! My blender has broken!!!

After a 13 hr shift the other day I broke the glass jug of my blender BEFORE making my shake. Glass everywhere and vacuum had broke day before. I was so hungry and tired I cried in the bath! Survived the 2nd 13hr day on tetras then got home, changed, ran off to sainsburys at 9pm to get another. Got home and little sis had dropped me one off not knowing I was out scouting for one (what a star!). Tried both, and neither crushed ice like my old one. Blenders....oh the reliance!! How can something so little upset you so much!

Ive got a kenwood smoothie maker and its fantastic with the shakes and great a crushing ice. Try it, its in Sainsbury's and not expensive at all xx

if its broken, they should replace it regardless. You only need a receipt for a refund!

can anyone suggest how i am going to mix my shakes when i go back to work tomorrow? Ive been using my blender but have heard they taste horrible if you use the shaker :(
I cant keep taking my blender to work every day can i?

I've taken tetras or bars to work which have been easier. I have to dilute the tetras though as I find them too thick - I make them up to 300mls and they are lovely.

Hi Shrinklies,
Sorry havennt been here for a couple of days but been back to work and im on a late shift :sigh:
Where do i start???? I have has the day from hell and i am sooooo angry:mad: Had a massive argument with a fellow manager who went running to the director. Now i am the sort of person that stands her ground yet what did i do..... I sobbed uncontrolably:cry::cry::cry:
I was a wreck, completely lost it what an idiot:(
We were then falsed to go and have an extended lunch in a pub and talk things over. I was really proud of myself because i stuck to water and didnt eat at all:):) i was sooo close but didnt do it.

Anyway we talked it through, i come home feeling drained, emotional, sick, headache and hungry. I start to empty my kids lunch box so i can make their lunch for tomorrow and i see a bag of open crisps 1/3 full, so what do i do.... i eat it :mad::cry::(
I am sooooo disappointed with myself. I didnt cave in at all at lunch time yet i cave in to a pkt of bloody crisps!!!!
Now i am starving really need food and cant stop crying.
Not sure if i can do this anymore. I hate being fat but i am so miserable at the moment :(
Sorry to moan guys, could really do with some friends as my husband is away as well

Honey now stop right there!!!!!! It was a third of a pack of crisps......won't do any harm unless you let it and go mad on anything else! Calm now? Good. Deep breaths, have a drink of water, wash your face.......good girl. You've done so well so far, and this is so not gonna change a thing. You're a star! xxxx

Thanks Suzie,
I dont know what is up with me i am sooo emotional. i feel so down and depressed, which means i start thinking of food :( sorry to keep going on

I have been so good as well and then i did the stupid thing of getting on the scales to see that i have only lost 1lb... what deflation

Just went to make a milkshake and the blade in my blender isn't spining around but I can hear the motor still going. I am so annoyed I could scream!

I've been off SS for a month due to personal reasons and met my new CDC on Thursday (she lives so much closer and doesn't seem to rush me in and out of our appointment) ready to start SSing again and lo and behold my blender decides to give up on me. Whats really annoyed me is that it's an Antony Worral Thompson intelligent blender made by brevile and I literally bought it the day I started CD in April, and it cost me £40! I'm sure it has a warranty but I have no idea where I've put the receipt so it looks as though I'm going to have to fork out for a new one.

This thing has been a life saver because it makes my shakes so frothy. I used my mums handblender when I went to visit and the shakes weren't half as nice.

Does anyone here use a blender? I'm looking for a cheaper one, but one that is still meant for ice crushing (one that doesn't break after 3 months would be a bonus too!). Any recommendations?

I use a handblander straight into the measuring jug. I get my shakes nice and frothy by angling the blender so that the shake sort of squirts up and against the side of the jug. It whips air into the shake and pumps it right up. Careful though! lol

I bought a hand blender from Tescos - it was definitely under a fiver and I keep that in work. Considering the shakers are about four quid, I reckon the hand blender was a real bargain!!

I do use my smoothie maker in the house for my shakes and it's lovely to put ice in it because it makes it really thick... mmmm!! lol

Lynne
x

Back