So annnoying!

Pinkemi

I just wanted to get this off my chest.

For those of you who are dieting with your boyfriends/girlfriends/partners etc... Do you not find it seriously irritating when you are both doing the same amount of exercise and eating roughly the same amount and your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner looses more then you!?

I have been dieting for about a month and a half... and I have lost a total of 10lbs which I am very proud of!

My boyfriend has been doing it for about a week and a half and has lost 7lbs. I was like... Hunny I am really proud of you (because I am) and I'm really happy for you.. (which I am) but REALLY? ALREADY?!?!

*and breath* :p

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm now trying to kid myself that it is easier for men to loose weight?

I am a fan of the biggest loser show from watching it week after week men do seem to lose weight faster... I agree really annoying.

Im glad i'm not the only one. lol In a way it has made me want to work harder but I know that will back fire on me as he will just work harder too. So I will constantly be trying to catch up with him. Grrr! But we both need to do it so I am very proud of him for doing it. :) Just wish I had the same results. ;)

My husband has some weight to lose so he's sticking to WW with me but not going to class. He will weigh in in boots tomorrow. I hope he does well because he is trying hard but it does seem to be easier for him.

We arent really following a proper plan. We tried to do Slimming World but found that we have to be really well planned and it didn't always work in our household! So we have started doing more exercise and generally eating better... and slowly it seems to be working. :)

I came up with the excuse that because we have boobs, we are more likely to hold onto our fat.... mumbled something about protecting babies in the womb. haha I really talk a load of rubbish sometimes. :D

Yep, men do drop weight faster. It must be so disheartening on things like The Biggest Loser where they do 6 hours exercise a day, eat about 3 calories and the men lose 10lb a week and some of the women struggle to shift 4.

My partner and I are both women and she still loses weight quicker than me, so I have no excuse, clearly I'm just lazy! :sigh::rolleyes:

My OH has just started a healthy eating plan and his weigh-in will be on Monday. I expect him to lose A LOT this first week, as the first losses are always the greatest. Men definitely seem to lose faster for some reason - although in our case, I expect him to lose more as he is heavier than me and I am closer to goal. When I was bigger I lost more on a weekly basis than I do now.

Last year I persuaded my boyfriend to join Slimming World with me. I carefully planned what we ate and he ate mostly what he was given, except for the odd sneaky pizza.

He did lose double the amount I did each week, which I didn't mind. What annoyed me was when he would eat a whole Domino's pizza and still lose 2lb.

In the end, I became annoyed that he was not committed to the diet. His response was that he was only going along to the class because I had asked. That If I fed him healthier foods, he would lose weight:mad:

In the end I decided it was better if we dieted seperately. I found it demotivating dieting together. I now follow Diet Chef and Kev can eat as much pizza as he likes!

Once I reach my target, I will start preparing healthy meals we can both eat.

Hi small steps is your BF still going to SW?

Small steps... I understand you there! There was a time we were going to the classes and I was following SW to the exact T. Id get on the scales and be like... ohh ive lost bla bla lbs this week. He would do the same and would loose more then me... BUT he wasnt following. He got into the habit of eating okaish throughout the week and then would starve himself all day on WI day until after his weight had been recorded. I used to get so mad... lol

Urgh - this totally sucks and is sooo true!

My husband can eat whatever the hell he wants (he has a minimum of 5 chocs a day, snacks on biscuits, can eat pizza - ANYthing) and he still stays 9 1/2 stone.
Then theres me - now just under 13 stone and I only have to look at junk food and I put on 2lbs!

Plus - I sit there eating my chicken and vegetables and he can sit there eating pizza and chips or burger and chips etc

Its so hard! DIETING IS SO DAMN HARD!! Argh!

Ah well - rant over, back to the grind!

X

Men do tend to lose weight faster than women((( and it's really annoying sometimes:mad:
But, there are physiological reasons for that difference:

Men have more muscle. This allows them to burn more calories, even when at rest.
Women are predisposed to store and retain fat:cry:. Women have higher levels of estrogen, a hormone that works to keep the fat on a woman's body so it's easier for her to get pregnant. That means women have to work harder to lose weight at the same rate as men.:eek:
Men's bodies respond more quickly to exercise. Women's bodies, meanwhile, actually go into a sort of starvation mode, slowing the metabolism to hang onto more fat.
Women may have a lower tolerance for exercise. Women have smaller lung capacity than men, which can make us feel as though we are working harder than men even if the we are working at the same level. This can also make exercise feel harder in the heat or high humidity....

Urgh - this totally sucks and is sooo true!

My husband can eat whatever the hell he wants (he has a minimum of 5 chocs a day, snacks on biscuits, can eat pizza - ANYthing) and he still stays 9 1/2 stone.
Then theres me - now just under 13 stone and I only have to look at junk food and I put on 2lbs!

Plus - I sit there eating my chicken and vegetables and he can sit there eating pizza and chips or burger and chips etc

Its so hard! DIETING IS SO DAMN HARD!! Argh!

Ah well - rant over, back to the grind!

X

I totally agree. My husband is like that. I just hope I can do as well as you have and loose 12-14lbs in my first month. Fingers crossed for my start Monday.

I have found my OH looses weight very quickly once he sets his mind to it, but...... he also puts it on quickly too whereas I wouldnt, so for me its swings and roundabouts.

good luck with the weight losses

haha - im new to the site so have only just seen this post - but you are soooo right - its mega annoying -
me and my boyfriend eat the same and go to the gym together, weigh days comes and hes 2-3 pounds lighters and im either the same or ive gained - EVERYTIME - its so infuriating and demotivating :( im glad im not the only one who has this problem !! good luck with ur future weightloss :)

Back