So annoyed i gained

jenAlfie

I'm soooooo peed off with my 1.5 gain after pretty much 100% food optimising and doing loads of cardio exercise I just feel like giving up!!!
I won't but I am so disheartened!
Not the TOM and doubt it's muscle gain from exercise as I exercise slot anyway! I nearly cried when I saw I'd gained and made a swift exit away from class feeling very sorry for myself indeed!!!

Pretty much 100%food optimising or definitely 100% food optimising?

Staying to group is the best thing you can do after a gain, perhaps you are doing something wrong which you don't realise. Also, and I'm not suggesting this is the case, when people sit and think about it whilst waiting for IT to start, they often remember the odd thing or two creeping in.

If you categorically stuck to plan then it's just your body being a pain and your loss will soon show. It's frustrating, but it does happen.

Sometimes our bodies can be weird about losing weight and it could be anything, i tend to find my losses slow down in winter even though i am doing everything the same! I find in situations like these even though it is hard to do so is to just carry on because it will eventually pay off sooner or later x

I just felt so deflated I couldn't bare the embarrassment of my leader reading my gain out loud- I will not give up and I'm going back to basics this week- food diary- loads of SS and I've decided to give up my daily vice of Tea as I'm sure it's tipping me over milk allowance as I am known to have 8-10 mugs a day!
Planned to cycle in to work each day and I'm going to try swimming 4x this week- I desperately need a 3-4 loss next week to put me back in track!!
Thanks ladies for your support xx

Buh?! I thought SW had a no-humiliation policy where gains weren't read out to everyone?!

Gains are read out on my group too :( really don't like it. Even happened where the area manager has been observing x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you only just started exercise? Or do you normally do less than you did this week? Because when you make a change and up your exercise, your body starts to retain water and it takes around a week for it to fall back to normality. Its REALLY really normal for people to make a gain when they first start or up their exercise regime. You will find that next week you will lose your normal amount if you keep going the same, but the changes you will get from exercise is not weight loss, but inch loss - it will tone your body and tighten things! Keep going, just remember that you still had a great, healthy week with exercise - you should be proud of yourself.

My consultant is under the impression that gains read out are a way of giving you a kick up the bum.. Not my idea of motivation!!!!

As I said, if you don't want your gain reading out then tell your consultant. She is right, they are often a kick up the bum, but if you don't want it mentioning, they won't.

A lot of consultants won't say how much more that you've had a gain and do you know why. If you say you don't then you will get reassurance.

It's your time in IT but you must talk to the consultant. They can't help you if you don't stay hun.

Lots of things affect weight loss, lack of sleep, stress etc, if you KNOW you've been on plan and aren't cheating yourself then it isn't a true gain!

Now about the milk... Measure your milk out and carry it with you in a small thermos. Try switching to other milk that gives you more -skimmed for example and lower your syns to a max of thirteen to mop up any milk you've gone over (a splash in tea is 1/2 syn).

Shirleen said:
Lots of things affect weight loss, lack of sleep, stress etc, if you KNOW you've been on plan and aren't cheating yourself then it isn't a true gain!

Now about the milk... Measure your milk out and carry it with you in a small thermos. Try switching to other milk that gives you more -skimmed for example and lower your syns to a max of thirteen to mop up any milk you've gone over (a splash in tea is 1/2 syn).

Hi, yes I'm on skimmed always have been through choice- I have my tea quite milky so pretty sure I go over, also when others make tea ie at work I'm pretty sure they use green top- I always convince myself I'll feel fuller if I have lots of Tea!

It's funny you mention lack of sleep- the past week I haven't slept well at all and barely getting 5hrs a night but didn't link this? And with lack of sleep my mood hasn't been the best and have felt quite stressed! Time to chill out I think!!!

jaylou said:
As I said, if you don't want your gain reading out then tell your consultant. She is right, they are often a kick up the bum, but if you don't want it mentioning, they won't.

A lot of consultants won't say how much more that you've had a gain and do you know why. If you say you don't then you will get reassurance.

It's your time in IT but you must talk to the consultant. They can't help you if you don't stay hun.

I know I should've stayed but the fact I let out a little swear word when I saw the digits on the scales and the fact I gained I just ran in shame!!!!

jenAlfie said:
Hi, yes I'm on skimmed always have been through choice- I have my tea quite milky so pretty sure I go over, also when others make tea ie at work I'm pretty sure they use green top- I always convince myself I'll feel fuller if I have lots of Tea!

It's funny you mention lack of sleep- the past week I haven't slept well at all and barely getting 5hrs a night but didn't link this? And with lack of sleep my mood hasn't been the best and have felt quite stressed! Time to chill out I think!!!

There you are then!

Even thought I am at target I still measure my milk (and hubbys) out every night before I go to bed for the next day and we have two different coloured bottles sat in the fridge. He likes semi skimmed, but I have the skimmed as I love milky drinks too. You have to measure all your hes accurately, otherwise they will have to be synned! And staying to group really is the key as well, specially if you had a gain. And like others have said, just mention to your c that you dont want your gains mentioned in IT. I am sure if you follow plan exactly to the letter next week you will have a lovely loss. Just keep the faith, and the plan will reward you :)

hollys nan said:
Even thought I am at target I still measure my milk (and hubbys) out every night before I go to bed for the next day and we have two different coloured bottles sat in the fridge. He likes semi skimmed, but I have the skimmed as I love milky drinks too. You have to measure all your hes accurately, otherwise they will have to be synned! And staying to group really is the key as well, specially if you had a gain. And like others have said, just mention to your c that you dont want your gains mentioned in IT. I am sure if you follow plan exactly to the letter next week you will have a lovely loss. Just keep the faith, and the plan will reward you :)

I really will have to be more vigilant with my HEs
Im sure that's where I'm possibly slipping up slightly
Fingers crossed for next week :)

I know I should've stayed but the fact I let out a little swear word when I saw the digits on the scales and the fact I gained I just ran in shame!!!!

I can safely say, as someone who weighs poeple at my group that there is VERY little the people who weigh you will not have heard in the swearing department! Remember that everyone there has or is doing SW themselves. They know how you feel, they get it, they've probably been there themselves at some point. The one thing I can't stand is the person who gets on the scales, looses a few pounds and then tells me about all the non SW food they've eaten over the week. Those people make me MAAAAAAAD. Someone who has stuck to plan and not lost, has a little swear about it and even a sulk (I sulk BAD when I gain for no good reason) are just plain old normal I'm afraid :)

On the tea front. Could you replace some of the black tea with Green tea or fruit tea, which you can drink without milk, Maybe when someone else is making at work just ask for hot water and put your own teabag in? Then you know where you are at all times.

kingleds said:
I can safely say, as someone who weighs poeple at my group that there is VERY little the people who weigh you will not have heard in the swearing department! Remember that everyone there has or is doing SW themselves. They know how you feel, they get it, they've probably been there themselves at some point. The one thing I can't stand is the person who gets on the scales, looses a few pounds and then tells me about all the non SW food they've eaten over the week. Those people make me MAAAAAAAD. Someone who has stuck to plan and not lost, has a little swear about it and even a sulk (I sulk BAD when I gain for no good reason) are just plain old normal I'm afraid :)

On the tea front. Could you replace some of the black tea with Green tea or fruit tea, which you can drink without milk, Maybe when someone else is making at work just ask for hot water and put your own teabag in? Then you know where you are at all times.

Yes I'm going to try replace at least half my daily mugs of tea with green tea- I'm just going to refuse tea if anyone else is making it? I'm also going to carry my allowance around with me so that it's always to hand I'm sure it'd keep fresh in a flask?

I know what you mean about the losers that have been off plan the girl that takes the money who is a friend shouted across how to me "did you do"and I just sadly replied not good- she then proceeds to tell me she lost 2 after 3 meals out and copious amounts of wine and then giggled- friend or no friend I hope that comes back to bite her in the bum next weigh in!! :)

Oh no im sorry hun dont know what to suggest - sometimes ive noticed at class someones been really good it tends to come off the next week, know its hard but dont let it grind you down :( x

Back