My "fad/crash diet rehab" diary - 2 stone gone, 3 to go

Yeah, Im going to try and do my best to just totally ignore her, cant work out how to change my facebook so only friends can send me messages as that's her only means of contact to me, so if I can stop that totally she will have to leave me alone.

Had another good eating day yesterday, planned what Im having today so as long as I don't pick at anything between meals I should have another good eating day, then fingers crossed I see a small downwards movement on the scales tomorrow morning after my initial gain due to the weekend, after two weeks of only 1lb or 1.5lbs I am due a bigger loss but the weekend of being a bit bad may have ruined that, have to wait and see what tomorrow brings, I'd be happy with another pound off but anything over 2.5lbs would see me into the 13's, which would be fantastic, but if its not tomorrow it will happen within the next week or two anyway.

Once I get into the 13's I can start chasing my 2 stone loss, then getting into the 12's and once Im into the 12's I can start to chase some bigger goals, like getting out of obese bmi, getting to half way mark of my weight loss etc and its the 12s where I start feeling a bit better about the clothes I wear and the weight loss seems to really start to notice, at the moment Im too big for it to notice much another stone will help that but I find in the 12's and 11's I can notice a difference with every half stone loss and when Im into low 11's and 10's other people notice with every half stone loss, at 11 and a half stone I get my waist back! I carry all my weight around my stomach, so until around then all my clothes are loose on my hips but tight around my belly, from 12 stone to 11 and a half stone, it all seems to go from my belly so suddenly things fit my hips but are loose around my belly.

Another thing I can't wait for, is to throw the bloody extender thing away for my bra lol, when I gained weight I refused to buy bigger bra's so just got a strap extender, its a bit loose with it now but too tight to take it out, so another stone and I can throw it away!

Really excited to show my husband how much I've lost when he gets home as well, around 3 months now until he is home from Afghan. Bless him, if he knows ive been dieting he will always make a big thing about how much smaller I look when Ive only lost 4lbs and it hasn't made any difference what so ever lol, I haven't told him I am dieting at all, I was 15 stone 7lb when he last saw me, lost a bit before falling off the wagon and restarting at 15 stone 3lbs, if I manage to keep losing the way I have, I could be another 2 stone lighter by the time he gets home, so just over 3 stone smaller then when he last saw me, but Im not really expecting to keep losing a stone every 6 weeks as I had a couple of really good loses in the first 6 weeks that I cant expect to keep happening but I would be happy with another stone or stone and a half, getting to the half way mark of 12 stone 8.5lbs would be fantastic!

I am sure hubby will notice a big difference when he comes home - probably walk right past you. When I lost all my weight back in 2009 on the Cambridge, it was a good stone off before anyone really noticed then all of a sudden it was like "wow, haven't you lost tons of weight?" I got told I was getting too skinny at one point, even though I still had 1.5 stones to lose to get to 10 stones. I am 5'2" and 10 stones is at the maximum for that height, so I think being told I was skinny was stretching it a tad.

Haha yeah I got that when I was on food replacement, probably because I lost 1 stone in the first two weeks and then another stone over the next three weeks and then the next stone took 4 weeks, so within 9 weeks I had lost 3 stone, which only got me down to 13 stone but the comments starting coming then and by the time I was 12 stone people were telling me to not lose too much more! But I guess I wasn't really losing weight in a very healthy way so maybe I was looking drawn, I did faint and come over really light headed and dizzy with no energy when I did food replacement.

Having a bit of a naughty dinner tonight but by making a few changes, Ive managed to get fish and chips down to 450 calories lol, only a small bit of fish and a small amount of home made oven cooked wedges and quite a bit of veg, feels like Im being really naughty having it, living the real rock and roll lifestyle aren't I, with my 450 calorie dinner!

Weigh day today, have lost 2.5lbs this week, happy with that considering the bad weekend, putting me at 14stone, so close to the 13s now! Hopefully I will be there next week, yet to have a STS but I am sure it will happen at some point, just hoping it isn't next week so I get into the 13s haha.

Weigh day today, have lost 2.5lbs this week, happy with that considering the bad weekend, putting me at 14stone, so close to the 13s now! Hopefully I will be there next week, yet to have a STS but I am sure it will happen at some point, just hoping it isn't next week so I get into the 13s haha.

Yay!! Well done! That's fab news!!! xxx

Had a bad weekend as I went out sat night to a party and had a bit too much wine and buffet, its also TOTM this week which does normally see me gain 2 or 3 lbs so even if I can manage to stay the same this week, that should mean I see a goodish loss next week, but I would still love to see 13stone on the scales, so even quarter of a pound would be fantastic this week.

I have been trying to cut back my calories the rest of the week to try and make up for the wine and bad food at the weekend but I guess I will have to wait and see what the scales say sat.

Had a bad weekend as I went out sat night to a party and had a bit too much wine and buffet, its also TOTM this week which does normally see me gain 2 or 3 lbs so even if I can manage to stay the same this week, that should mean I see a goodish loss next week, but I would still love to see 13stone on the scales, so even quarter of a pound would be fantastic this week.

I have been trying to cut back my calories the rest of the week to try and make up for the wine and bad food at the weekend but I guess I will have to wait and see what the scales say sat.

Try not to stress and worry, I'm sure you will do fine, and even if you don't see a loss this week it hopefully means you will have a fab loss next week! :) xxx

Yeah, I'd be happy with a STS this week, but hoping for half a pound loss, we will see!

Just been asked to be a bridesmaid in October, which has thrown a spanner in the works of my "Im not setting myself goals because I get down when I don't hit them" idea and im really struggling to not try and work out how much I think I could lose by then, I really don't want to be looking fat and minging in pictures I have no control over lol, at least if they are my pictures I can delete the ones with the really bad double chin and when Im not holding my stomach in.

Im kind of thinking 11 stone would be an ok weight, I don't feel as self conscious when Im in the 11's, I feel more of a "normal" weight, although still overweight, I fit into 12's and 14's in the 11's, I am mainly 12's when im the lower end of the 11 stone bracket (well depends on the shop) I'd have 27 more weigh in's well 28 if you class the day of the wedding but doubt I'll be weighing then... so 3 stone in 27 weigh in's, meaning I would need to lose just over 1.5lbs a week... do'able... but Ive got my husband coming home, so no doubt we will have some big nights out to make up for not seeing each other for 8 months, we are going away all inclusive for a week or two as well... oh and a weekend away for our anniversary and we are going to a three day music festival so Im kind of thinking the first month after he gets home is going to be a write off weight loss wise, my goal was to just try and maintain during that month, so be extra good between our nights out and holiday... meh... don't know what to do.

Unless I really up the exercise and be extra strict between now and when my husband gets home, so I can get another big chunk of the fat gone by then, if my weight loss carries on like it has been, then I could be 12 stone 3lbs when my husband gets home so I would only have another 17lbs to lose to get to 11 stone, maybe 11 stone 7lbs would be a better goal? Oh I don't know...

How dare people throw important events into the middle of my weight loss journey aye! ;) hehe

Yeah, I'd be happy with a STS this week, but hoping for half a pound loss, we will see!

Just been asked to be a bridesmaid in October, which has thrown a spanner in the works of my "Im not setting myself goals because I get down when I don't hit them" idea and im really struggling to not try and work out how much I think I could lose by then, I really don't want to be looking fat and minging in pictures I have no control over lol, at least if they are my pictures I can delete the ones with the really bad double chin and when Im not holding my stomach in.

Im kind of thinking 11 stone would be an ok weight, I don't feel as self conscious when Im in the 11's, I feel more of a "normal" weight, although still overweight, I fit into 12's and 14's in the 11's, I am mainly 12's when im the lower end of the 11 stone bracket (well depends on the shop) I'd have 27 more weigh in's well 28 if you class the day of the wedding but doubt I'll be weighing then... so 3 stone in 27 weigh in's, meaning I would need to lose just over 1.5lbs a week... do'able... but Ive got my husband coming home, so no doubt we will have some big nights out to make up for not seeing each other for 8 months, we are going away all inclusive for a week or two as well... oh and a weekend away for our anniversary and we are going to a three day music festival so Im kind of thinking the first month after he gets home is going to be a write off weight loss wise, my goal was to just try and maintain during that month, so be extra good between our nights out and holiday... meh... don't know what to do.

Unless I really up the exercise and be extra strict between now and when my husband gets home, so I can get another big chunk of the fat gone by then, if my weight loss carries on like it has been, then I could be 12 stone 3lbs when my husband gets home so I would only have another 17lbs to lose to get to 11 stone, maybe 11 stone 7lbs would be a better goal? Oh I don't know...

How dare people throw important events into the middle of my weight loss journey aye! ;) hehe

How dare they indeed lol. Just when you think you have some kind of a plan as well :/ I just think you should carry on doing what you are doing, no pressure on yourself otherwise - if you are anything like me - it will be counter-productive. 1.5lbs per week is definitely do-able and shouldn't be hard to achieve (says me who only managed 1.5lbs in two weeks on SW!!!

To be honest, I personally think it's good to set yourself goals to work towards :D It gives you extra motivation! Just have to make sure your goal is realistic and do'able that way you won't get down. I think aiming to lose 1-2lb a week is certainly achievable :) xxxx

Yeah true, I lost the 1st stone in 6 weeks, so if I continue to lose at the same rate, I could have lost another 4 and a half stone by then, which would see me at 9 and a half stone but.... I really cant see me losing a stone every 6 weeks, esp with my husband coming home in the middle of it and all the things we have planned. Maybe 11 and a half stone would be an ok goal? That's losing on average 1.5lbs a week and maintaining for three weeks. I don't know, might just see how long the next stone takes to come off and then see.

Luckily the bridesmaid dresses don't have to be the same style, and she wants them all black so shouldn't be too hard to find a black fancy dress at short notice!

Well its weigh day tomorrow, I have stayed away from the scales this week so no idea what damage my night out caused or how the weight loss is going so far, apart from last sat I haven't been over on my calories at all this week, so everything crossed that I manage half a pound off tomorrow to get me into the 13's but still have a feeling this week will be my first stay the same! Tomorrow will tell!

Not sure how I managed it, but 2lbs off this week, putting me at 13 stone 12lbs :)

Had a pretty good day yesterday again, within my calories etc.

Im really pleased with my loses so far, but I think what I am most pleased about is for the first time in my life I have lost a good chunk of weight while eating, I have only ever lost weight by basically starving myself, I honestly thought I couldn't lose weight any other way. Admittedly I could of lost the same weight in half the time on food replacement but I wouldn't of been able to carry on living a "normal" lifestyle, I would of refused to go to the nights out I have been on, I would of had a week of feeling like absolute hell and this far into the diet I would still probably be having to fight the urge to have a crazy binge.

I read an article about food replacement and binges, which explained that your body goes into panic mode and just needs calories, so your brain will tell you to binge and it makes sense because I would be totally in the zone and then out of no where I would find myself stood in the kitchen grabbing food, it was never like a huge crazy binge but I would eat a little of a lot of things and often be looking for the next thing to eat before I had even swallowed what was in my mouth, that is not healthy at all... but at the time I didn't think about what it was doing to my mind and my views on food, I honestly thought and would often say "my relationship with food is so much better now" but it wasn't... because food became the enemy, just eating an apple would send me into deep guilt, you cant live without food forever... its an important part of life, its important we lose weight while forging a proper relationship with food, learning what our bodies need, how certain types of food affect our bodies etc.

Yes I lost a lot of weight and I lost it fast but I came off the diet with no idea of how to eat, this time despite having days off plan and having naughty stuff, I've still managed to pull in a loss every week, I never managed that on food replacement, one day off plan would see a gain or at best stay the same. And if I am totally honest, I am amazed how easy weight loss can be... when you do it correctly, it doesn't control my life this time, I am just learning to make the right choices or if I do make the wrong choices, I can change what I eat for the rest of the week to make up for it.

I am 9lbs away from my 2 stone loss now, could take anything from 4 weeks to 8 weeks to hit though but it does feel good to have that to chase. 12.5lbs away from the 12 stone bracket and 20lbs away from overweight bmi, if I could get into overweight bmi by the time my husband gets home, that would be amazing!

I have been having a think about what I am going to do regarding weight loss when hubby is home and we are off doing all the things we had planned. I have decided I am going to carry on logging what I eat and drink (yes even on holiday!) but I am going to up my calories to what should see me lose 1lbs a week, which is an extra 500 calories a day, not so much because I am expecting to lose weight still but because when on holiday I wont be able to weigh out food and I wont know exactly whats gone into things so if I aim for calories to lose 1lb a week and go over, hopefully it will still see me stay the same, I don't want to come back from holiday having gained half a stone or something stupid and then spent the next month trying to lose the gain. Most the time on holiday Im not actually hungry at lunch but because its there, I eat it and will have basically another dinner for lunch! I don't need to do that, its just greed, Im not going to have an awful holiday just because I don't stuff my face with dinner size meals twice a day, and if I am really honest, both lunch and dinner are probably three times the size of the meals I eat now which still fill me up! And I really don't need a cooked breakfast followed by pastries... nor do I need to start drinking wine and super sugary fizzy drinks at 10am until I go to bed, water would be fine all through the day. Its not about making a dull and boring calorie counting holiday but just making a few changes to try and limit the damage, they always have a large choice of salad and fruit, yet I never ever eat it lol and I really don't need to eat desert after lunch AND dinner.... its all just being over the top and greedy, its my greed I need to stop. Im not going to ruin my holiday and get down on myself for going slightly over on calories but as I said, I just don't want to spend the next month losing the weight I gained again.

Well that's the plan anyway lol... will see how it goes

You have done so well and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so. You sound like you are very determined and got your head in the right place. Really impressed that you are thinking and planning so far ahead with holidays etc. Holidays are always an excuse to over-indulge, gain a stone (in my case) and then think "sod it" when you get back home.

I thought I had got it sussed with Cambridge regarding my relationship with food. Just take food out of the equation for a while and boom!!! Sorted!! Actually the whole VLCD thing has messed me up even further. I can't envisage ever losing and getting to target whilst eating food and it has become all-consuming. I would love to be able to eat like a naturally slim person does. Eat until full, don't eat if not hungry, don't feel guilty if you have a piece of cake. that sort of thing! In other words, be relaxed and normal about food. Ever hopeful :)

Thanks ladies :)

Had a bit of a bad day today... went to an easter egg hunt with some friends and there were so many little cakes... couldn't resist, opps! But I have just had a super healthy chicken salad dinner so still managed to end the day within calories, why do bad things taste so yummy?

Thanks ladies :)

Had a bit of a bad day today... went to an easter egg hunt with some friends and there were so many little cakes... couldn't resist, opps! But I have just had a super healthy chicken salad dinner so still managed to end the day within calories, why do bad things taste so yummy?

Don't even worry about one little cake. I have to have chocolate everyday to stop me falling off the wagon. That's what makes calorie counting so fab. As long as you stay within calories you can use them however you want. xxxx

Back