So ashamed of myself

I joined SW on Monday night and was all excited and very gung ho about the whole thing. Here we are, 2 days after I started the plan properly and I have totally fallen off the wagon :break_diet:

I'm really really fed up-so fed up I could barely drag myself out of bed. I spent last night crying-whilst watching bloomin' footie!

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm so fed up at the minute that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm so angry and ashamed, and I'm dreading going to group on Monday night. I AM going-even swapped my shift at work so that I can go.
I just don't know what to say to all the wonderful people when I get on the scales and haven't lost anything :cry:

You can be honest and tell them about your week. Nobody will judge you, everyone at SW groups are usually very supportive and we've all been there (most of us more than once!).

I really really hope you feel better soon!!! Try and get back on plan, one little blip shouldnt make too much difference. You will feel great when you get on the scales and see the weight coming off.

We're always here for you. Big hugs xxxxxxxxxx

What did you eat to fall off the wagon? Are you going red, green or EE days?

Best thing to do hun is to draw a line under it and start again tomorrow fully...100%. You will be fine hun xx hugs to you xx

I joined SW on Monday night and was all excited and very gung ho about the whole thing. Here we are, 2 days after I started the plan properly and I have totally fallen off the wagon :break_diet:

I'm really really fed up-so fed up I could barely drag myself out of bed. I spent last night crying-whilst watching bloomin' footie!

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm so fed up at the minute that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm so angry and ashamed, and I'm dreading going to group on Monday night. I AM going-even swapped my shift at work so that I can go.
I just don't know what to say to all the wonderful people when I get on the scales and haven't lost anything :cry:

Honey don't beat self up! This is a big change and it's not an easy one. Some people get into it right away, and some take time. It's nothing to be ashamed of - you're making big changes to your life.

The important thing is you joined in the first place and are here telling us - you could have vanished and not gone back or posted. You clearly want to do this and YOU WILL.

Draw a line under today, remind self of the reasons you joined in the first place and get a plan ready for the rest of the week. If you pull this back you might still do as well as you hoped to this week.

Please don't give up - you can do this and when it starts, you're so happy it makes carrying on easier.

xxx

Don't worry. We all have up and down days/weeks/months or we wouldn't be here. Sticky's right, remind yourself of the reasons for joining and plan for the coming week.

Anyway, how have you fallen off the wagon?

You can do this but it'll be harder if you beat yourself up.

Hey, it doesn't matter, what does matter is that you pick yourself up and get back on plan right now, not tomorrow or next week but RIGHT NOW. It happens to all of us for what ever reason, but don't be hard on yourself, it will only make you feel worse. Tell yourself whats done is done, wipe the slate clean and just carry on with the plan. If you stick to it 100% till your next weigh-in, you may well get a really pleasant surprise. Good luck.

Try and forget about what has happened so far. Focus on tomorrow and then the rest of the week. But do tell the leader about it.

Irene xx

I agree with everyone else, the best way to deal with this is get back onto the wagon as of now.
EVERYONE falls of the wagon at some stage (me more than most!) but we all get back on again, sooner or later and sooner is better, believe me!

Hello there.

First of all, welcome!

Secondly, you've done the right thing posting here asking for help. I'm new to SW too and I've found this forum invaluable for help and support.

Thirdly, which plan are you trying to follow? I have been doing mostly green days and it is keeping me feeling satisfied.

Let us know what exactly happened and you shouldn't feel alone!!!

Good luck xxx

All good advice - you didn't put on weight in a day or two so a few bad days are not going to make a difference in getting it off either.

But I do think that you need to give some thought to why you fell off the wagon. What led up to that happening? What can you do to stop this happening again? If you don't do this then when that time happens again you'll revert to old habits because it's easier and familiar.

Say you had a long day at work and got home starving, didn't feel like cooking and grabbed whatever was to hand. What can you do to avoid this happening again? Get a slow cooker so your meal is ready waiting for you when you walk in the door? Make a pot of soup so you can grab that to fill the hole until you can cook something? Batch cook so you have ready frozen meals that you can pop in the microwave? and so on ...

When you feeling sad why not eat some free comfort foods at meal times. things like pasta or mashed potato are good for speed and comfort. You may have "fallen off" but you don't need to stay lying down in the emotional gutter. See it as a small lapse rather than a relapse. Best of luck xx

Thanks for all the help, it means a lot. xx

I'm in the process of composing an email to my consultant-I feel better telling her via email rather than in group where I can be overheard.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time thinking about what some people said on this thread. I came to the conclusion that I definitely haven't been eating enough (still trying to get out of the points counting frame of mind) and that I'm not really very well prepared for the munchies.

I've also been letting my emotions get in the way of my plan, ironic really as the reason I joined SW in the first place was because I felt so fed up lately, mainly due to my appearance.

I've got my weekend all planned out, going to be nice and chilled, focus on the plan-and planning. And fingers crossed for Monday night. :eek:

If it is any consolation, when I joined (a few Tuesdays ago), I didn't actually buy anything in that I could eat that wasn't highly synned until the Saturday, so was only actually (sort of anyway) on plan for about 2.5 days before my Tuesday WI. I managed to lose 2.5lbs over those couple of days. Don't stress about it as putting pressure on yourself could be very negative in the long run... That said, everyone here is so supportive that we can all give each other the strength to pick ourselves up and get on with it! Best of luck K xxx

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, courage to change the things i can and wisdom to know the difference - i am not into god but i think the idea can be taken in life generally and sometimes it helps, we all mess up it is part of the slimming world journey (these are times when you learn the most about yuorself) dont get to bogged down by mistakes but learn from them and it takes a great strength to continue when feel knocked down :)

Back