Extra Easy So close to giving up!

Hi Sharlet,

I think we've all been there and considered chucking it all in.
I'm an EE girl as I can't get my head around red/green but others can't get their head around EE lol! I thin k its what suits.

You need to think of the meals you would usually have and adapt them. Spag Bol - great EE meal. Hide onions carrots corgette aubergine mushrooms peppers whatever! all to garlic lean mice some herbs and a couple of tins of tomatoes, throw on top of spaghetti and there you go, free meal in 20mins, and if you put in all the veg i mentioned, there's your 1/3 superfree. Use the same mix for lasagne with salad on the side.
Stir frys are a brill EE meal. Bag of stir fry mix does me for dinner and lunch the next day with chicken or prawns, one nest of noodles and a couple of spoons of stir fry sauce. Plus all these are freezeble - SW ready meals, so make double!

You can spend hours cooking and I've done it, but its always easy to do quick things too, as we haven't always got the time! But you do need to plan, maybe not you meals for exactly everyday, but a general idea helps, then you've got the right foods in your house when you need them, without having to go to the supermarket when your hungry and picking up rubbish. I plan my weeks meals out, but I'm not rigid, as I might change my mind about what I fancy, but as nearly all my meals are free (I use my HE's on breakfast) they are OK to swap about. If I've go a free ouple of hours, I make a big batch of soup and freeze it up, then theres alwasy something to grab!

Don't give up hun! You'll get there, and think of the fantastic healthy heating habits you'll instill in your little one as they grow up!

Good luck! :)

Don't give up, just stock up on quick fixes! Sugar-free ice pops, super noodles, mugshots and mullerlights, etc. :) My fave is fat free fromage frais with sweetener to make my fruit a bit more interesting!

Thank you all for your help. I'm really going to make a special effort!
I'm going to buy a recipe book so hopefully that will help x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't give up. I know it can take an age preparing and cooking the food from scratch. I can literally spend hours preparing and making food every night now I've started Slimming World and I can understand why that could be hard for you when you've got a young baby to look after too.
I've decided I'm gonna start making big batches of foods like spaghetti bolognese, chilli concarne, curries, etc and then freeze them all. Hoping that will make my life easier. Maybe it could help you too?

Your right. I'm going to ask someone to have my little one for an hour and cook lots of food and freeze some :)
It's hard work though :) x

Thats very true. I'm not going to shift this weight by quitting.
My only support is on this website!! I wish I was more strong sometimes x

try and make a sugar free jelly every dayand keep it in the fridge.
if i'm needing something to eat i go and have a few spoonfuls and it stops me from eating something stupid.

if i'm starving i'll have the jelly with a muller light and a banana and that keeps me going for ages.

keep at it hun - it is so worth it ;)

I really hope you get to a point where you can stick with it! It really does work, and it's so worth it. I don't have a baby, but have 3 dogs and work about 15 hours a day and am on call ALL THE TIME. I try to grab a couple of hours on a weekend where I can knock up a few things to last the week. Definitely have a look at the food diaries for some inspiration. Check out Britmum's posts - she has a young'un and is carrying again - her posts and recipes are inspiring even for those of us with no kids! Also, think about getting a slow cooker - I think you an pick one up in the big supermarkets for about £20 - and that way you can also make things that you can just leave to cook on its own! Great for stews, curries, and loads more. Also, think about shopping online. That will help you with your meal planning.

Good luck, and remember that we're all here for backup whenever you need it! X

Congratulations on your baby!! Please Dont give up! When I started SW my son was 4 months old! I see going to meetings as my break as his Daddy has him, at first i was dragged by my sister cuz she knew i was a bit down about my baby weight.
At first i felt it was gonna be really tough for time etc. But now, 4 months i am at target weight and so happy i actually took some time out for me ( which im sure u know u dont get much of this!!) i feel so good in myself now, my confidence has grown and as i am now happier my son benefits too as im not sat around miserable!!
I did what most are suggesting. Made big batches and froze them and got heavily into pasta n sauce, savoury rice etc which u can throw together with veg and meat ( good forleftovers! )Quick and easy!! Slow cooker is a hod send for me!! Can pop in a syn free chilli during bubbas nap and dont have to worry all day!
U will find what works for u and trust me, its all worth it!!
Good luck!
Aims xxxxx

hi sharlet

i hope you can get yourself back in the mode and stick with it;);)

(and the garlic lean mice from jennyc sound delich and a very small treat!)

luv cathie xx;)xx

I went to WI today and I lost 2.5lbs, so aswell as your kind messages I am inspired to carry on. I got 2 cook books too. I made chicken korma from the book, I must of gone wrong because it was terrible! But I'm writing down recipes from people on here too x x

cathiec said:
hi sharlet

i hope you can get yourself back in the mode and stick with it;);)

(and the garlic lean mice from jennyc sound delich and a very small treat!)

luv cathie xx;)xx

Hehe cathy that was me typing too fast it was meant to be garlic and lean miNce hehe

I went to WI today and I lost 2.5lbs, so aswell as your kind messages I am inspired to carry on. I got 2 cook books too. I made chicken korma from the book, I must of gone wrong because it was terrible! But I'm writing down recipes from people on here too x x

Well done on your weight loss today!

Don't think you went wrong with the recipe, I've tried the chicken curries and thought they were disgusting too! :D

Try the recipes for spaghetti bolognese, lamb rogan josh, and sausage casserole. They are scrummy! x

Hi Sharlet well done on the weight loss this week. If you didn't buy it then I'd highly recommend the extra easy cookbook. I found this invaluable. I tend to have fruit and yogurt for breakfast or scrambled eggs on toast. For lunch I have homemade soup, I make up a huge pot at the weekend and divide up into portions and put in the freezer. I then heat up in the morning and stick in a flask. A good vegetable soup or something like the bean soup or ham minestrone soup in the recipe book are really filling. For dinner it just tends to be normal food such as spag bol, chilli, grilled fish or chicken with slimming world chips or potato wedges,pasta with a tomato sauce etc. If you can avoid having bread as a healthy extra for breakfast or lunch then I find I can have 2 alpen light bars which do me well as a sweet treat and snack mid morning and afternoon. I'm usually syn free by the evening so enjoy a kitkat as a treat after dinner.

Aww sweetheart, I feel for you. It must be so hard with a wee one and trying to juggle everything.... As others have said it is all about the planning if you don't have a big freezer, save up and buy one... they are a god send. I have a massive freezer and there is just the 2 of us.... I make up lots of batches of soups, chilli, bolognaise, stews, curries, if you can freeze it I make it (Strangely enough I have lots of Chinese cartons to store things in.... no wonder I need SW ;-) This with lots of mug shots, noodles,cous cous, pasta, pasta sachets and a freezer full of pitta bread.... all I need is fresh fruit & veg from Aldis.....If you can learn to make hearty home-made healthy food it can be used for baba prior to seasoning.

good luck xx

Well done on your loss, see you CAN do it ;) Good luck for ext week...keep it up xxx

I have really messed up!! I've eaten so bad the past 3 days and I mean bad. Lots of Chocolate, cake and mc donalds. Feeling out of control today. I'm stuck in a circle of feeling down about my weight and feel time is running out. I've got just over a stone to lose before the end of may!I know why I'm doing it but I just can't stop myself. I'm feeling really down and lonely so I'm comfort eating. But I'm so worried about WI on Tuesday because if I see I've put on weight then I'll probably get worse. Do u think I've got time to turn it around before tues? X

lost 13lbs got 15lbs to go!

You have time to turn it around. You just have to think stop and start again. You can't let a few bad days make you think the whole week is worthless.

Back