So disappointed! :-(

NicolaR

Hi everyone

I've had some really great losses until a few weeks ago, and then for my previous two weigh ins I've only lost 0.4lbs and then 1.4lbs.

I haven't cheated at all so I don't understand it and I'm getting really frustrated and down about the diet. Last week I was still determined to carry on as I thought my TOTM had still been affecting me, but it can't have still affected me this week.

The weird thing is though, I had thought I'd lost about 5lbs this week according to my scales at home, but when I visited my CDC her scales only showed a loss of 1.4lbs. My scales have always showed different weights to hers, but lately the difference has been changing. Originally my scales always showed me as 4lbs heavier than my CDC's scales, then the difference shot up to 7lbs a couple of weeks ago, and this week the difference has come down to less than 2lbs!

Clearly there's something weird going on, but I just don't know which scales to believe.

It's hard enough seeing that you're only getting tiny losses, but when you had gone in expecting a good loss it's really hard to swallow.

When I started having the bars I was only having 2 per week, but in the last few weeks I've been having one each day, so I've cut them down to 3 this week to see if it helps, but if my losses carry on like this I don't think I can justify the cost of the diet any longer :(

Does anyone have any other ideas about what I could do? I had also been leaving my breakfast until 1pm and having two meals in the evening but I've stopped that and I'm eating at 10:30am, 3pm and 7:30pm now to hopefully kickstart my metabolism early in the day.

Gutted!! :(

aww hun it sucks when that happens bu you are still losing :) keep with it and you WILL get your losses, have you been drinking as much as you should be?? and the bars can affect some people so wait and see what cutting down on those do, also in relation to the cost, i CD really more expensive than what you would spend on your weekly shop? plus extras? xxx

oh and very well done on your amazing losses so far, since youve had biggish losses so far it MIGHT just be your body sorting its self out? x

Cheers for the encouragement :) I was hoping not to have to cut the bars down as they're so nice but I can't justify only losing not even 2lbs in the last 2 weeks.

Sadly costwise I live with my parents and pay board, and because they're short on money I don't cut down the amount I pay them, so the price I pay for CD is entirely extra compared to what I'd have to pay normally, which is why I'm finding it really difficult to carry on right now.

Aww, i can imagine your frustration....

Personally for me the bars made me bloated and windy and my weightloss was nearly non existent, so I stopped them, it was hard at first as I relied on them to get me through.

Youve done well so far and Im sure it will sort itself out...

Good Luck xx

Hey hon, not sure if this helps but when I did the diet the first time over 3 years ago. I had 2 weeks in a row where I only lost 1.5lbs each week. I stuck to it 100% kept glugging the water and by week 3 I had a loss of 8lbs (it just suddenly dropped after 2 crap losses). So just stick to it, try not to get too dis-heartened and I'm sure next week you will have a fantastic loss!
xx

I find I have to be careful with the bars as well! Having said that the cranberry one seems to agree with me!
But look at me last week 100% & STS - I've stuck at it this week and hoping to see something decent!
Keep drinking and have all you packs as you want them!
Some weeks are bodies are different and that is a fact - also another fact, stick to CD and you will get results (PS - have you taken your measurements)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe her batteries were on the way out. When mine were going on the ones at home i would satnd on them, get off and on again, 5lb heavier, then again, 4 lb lighter, then again 10lb heavier etc. It was funny.

Hey there,

I did CD for the first time 2 years ago and had pretty steady losses. The cranberry and peanut bars are lower in carbs and calories... perhaps stick with those and see if that makes any different.

Good luck for next week

AM

Hi,

My losses slowed down previously and my CDC sent me the follow info that I found very helpfull.... Also I dont think the bars agree with me (even though I love the cranberry bar) I have stoped having them.. Hope this helps x

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-di...than-week.html (Has anyone plateaud for longer than a week?)

also this -

here it is with more of a sciencey explanation -

STALLS -- WHY THE SCALES CAN LIE

A biologist at Berkeley shared something very revealing on the low-carb system about 4 years ago that helps us all through the erratic weight fluctuations you invariably encounter: Fat cells are resilient, stubborn little creatures that do not want to give up their actual cell volume. Over a period of weeks, maybe months of "proper dieting", each of your fat cells may have actually lost a good percentage of the actual fat contained in those cells. But the fat cells themselves, stubborn little guys, replace that lost fat with water to retain their size. That is, instead of shrinking to match the reduced amount of fat in the cell, they stay the same size! Result - you weigh the same, look the same, maybe even gained some scale weight, even though you have actually lost some serious fat.

The good news is that this water replacement is temporary. It's a defensive measure to keep your body from changing too rapidly. It allows the fat cell to counter the rapid change in cell composition, allowing for a slow, gradual reduction in cell size. The problem is, most people are frustrated with their apparent lack of success, assume they have lost nothing, and stop dieting.
However, if you give those fat cells some time, and ignore the scale weight fluctuations, your real weight/shape will slowly begin to show. The moral of the story - be patient! Your body is changing even if the number on the scale isn't.

Thanks very much for the encouragement again everyone. Sarah that info is really helpful, cheers :)

Am really liking that explanation. I've never seen it before - but it does seem to make sense! Nicola - hang in there. If you're taking in sub 500 cals per day and drinking all your water, there's simply no way you can fail to lose weight. xx

but are you losing inches? Do you feel better/slimmer?
I hate it when the scales play games with you...its sucks, but the motivation is in the clothes hun!
Keep up the good work, you have some really super losses (10lbs in week 5 is incredible!) and the diet wont fail you hun!
Stick with it and fingers crossed for next weigh in!
xxxx

Back