So excited!

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
I've been living up here for 2½ years and despite my best efforts at trying to make friends, the people seemed to already be in cliques and I never got any further than saying hello and a quick chat at the school gates. I know a couple of people, but they were a negative influence in my life. After christmas a new boy started at my youngers childrens nursery and I got talking to the mum. Since then we've started talking to a few other mums, although we'd never met up outside of the nursery.

She's having a girls night in on saturday and I'm so excited to actually have a social life! The best bit is most of the ladies going are also on diets (WW, SW and a few just eating healthier) so all the snacks are going to be low fat, and we've all been asked to take something we've made that is on our plan. It feels like I belong already, and we all love to talk about food!

I'm going to take some savoury vegetable rice which is free (and being nice like I am, have worked out the pro points too..lol) and also taking some kebabs, made with Joe's grills (cut up), peppers, mushrooms and chunky onion on a skewer. Also going to take some seasoned, baked chick peas for the munchies we'll no doubt get when we've had a couple drinks. I'm also going to measure out my vodka syns before I go, for the whole amount, and just take the measured amount. I'm not going to get drunk, just have a couple to be sociable. And I'll take my pepsi max with me for after.

I can't believe how hyper I am about going out..lol but with 3 kids and being my husbands carer, I don't get to go out very often.

Hi Helen, Isn't that amazing that after all that while those people were there all the time, just had to get the right connections.

Sounds absolutely brill and hope you have a wonderful time, especially with them all being into the weight watching syndrome.

AND as for having reached your goal!!?! That is fantastic. You are such an inspiration to us all....:)

Have a good time.

Back