So far to go!!! I need help!!!

Seanaxx

Hello I have been a slimming world member for about a month and have lost 11lb. However to get to a healthy weight I need to loose about 5-6 stone!! It seems like such a big about to loose! Does anyone have any tips on how to make it seem a little less daunting?

Firstly, well done on your loss so far. I said this in a similar thread today already, but the key is small goals. Whatever is a comfortable goal for you to mentally work with. It might be working towards your next award, so half stone increments. Maybe going a whole week on plan. Or if you're really struggling at looking forward, just getting through a day on plan.

I started with 7.5 stone to lose (as a minimum) which was a scary number. I've never thought about the big number, just made the decision each day to stick to plan. Have lost nearly 3.5 stone so far using that approach.

i have a similar ish loss and goal (10.5lb down in 3 weeks, need to lose about 7.5 more stone) and what's helping me is breaking it down into much smaller goals. i'm trying to work towards each award (so this week i really want to have a good week so i can get to my stone award), and i have a chart breaking down all the goals i have (not just half stones, but also club 10, interim targets, when i want to start adding in exercise, when i've lost 20% etc).

also there's a fab spreadsheet in one of the sticky posts which i found SO motivating, you can log every week's weigh in and inches and then if you're ever feeling like it's so far, you can look back at how far you have come :)

the way i am looking at it is that it took me years to put it on, so it's going to take time to come off, and i've lost weight quickly before and put it straight back on, so better to lose it at a sustainable pace with long-term lifestyle adjustments :)

i also find it really helpful to look at people's success stories for similar weight loss and see that they have managed it! in group this week someone had lost 4st in 6 months - stuff like that is really motivating :)

I spent years trying to lose weight, yo-yo'ing, binge eating, diet pills and generally rebelling against the plan but once I realised it was a life change and not a diet that was the real game changer for me. For the first time I actually don't feel the need to get weighed each week to keep me on track, I enjoy cooking and focus more on what I can eat and I am happier for it. As a target member I weigh in fortnightly but i'm confident I won't put the 10st I lost back on. Just focus on all the lovely food you can eat, experiment and enjoy it :):)

I've lost 5.5 stone so far and still have a bit to go until target. The best advise I can give is focus on the small goals - like each stone and half stone lost - before you know it they add up to larger numbers very quickly!

Thank you I think I'm going to write up small goals so I can look at them whenever I'm feeling a bit pants!!
My next goal is get my stone which is 2 and a half to go with my half a pound loss this week

I agree with the others, and would add, try not to focus on how far you have to go, but try to enjoy the journey and cooking and eating lots of delicious food! I take it a week at a time, aiming for a loss (rather than a specific loss, as I find it disappointing otherwise!). It seems to be working so far :)

Back