so fed up!

lastdiet4me

Silver Member
omg im soooo fed up, last night i weighed myself and i was 13st 12lb, id had 2 1/2 litres of water so wasnt worried, thought id get on the scales this morning and it said 13st 5 omg you can imagine how i was feeling lol.. got off walked into the kitchen to put kettle on and thought to myself surely that cant be right so i went back to have another look and they then said 13st 11lb ..i could have cried!! my stupid scales!!! grrrrrr how can they be so out in a matter of minutes, i really need to get some more but i havent had these long and i dont think my OH would be happy about me getting more as i really went on about how good they was when i first got them lol..oh well sorry for the rant but im so fed up, i feel like im doing well and then BAM feel deflated in seconds xxxx

Same with me! 15st 5.25lbs yesterday morning. This morning the scales said 14st 13.5lbs!! I was on the roof! Had a battle end of last year to try and get under 15st and it just wasn't happening. Then was thinking 'mmm that's a big loss for a day' so stood on them again (only about 10mins later) and they were at 15st4lbs :(

Still a lb but not what the scales said originally.

oh its so disheartening isnt it! this is only my 3rd week back on s&s as i went back to WW thinking i could lose the rest doing that diet but i wasnt losing much on that so came back to this so maybe its because i had a break although i thought it would have fallen off! i got the monthly pass with WW so for the last couple of weeks i was lucky and got weighed there but next week ill have to go to boots otherwise ill never know how much im losing xx

I was thinking I might make a point of going to Boots every week, wearing the same clothes, to check my weight and use that as a 'definite weight' as I don't trust my scales. Also, I need to stop weighing myself every 5 minutes to see if they have changed! I should've just accepted the 14st13 and had a brilliant day believing it, I could've dealt with the truth tomorrow :)

God how annoying , I only ever get on my scales once a day , same time , same place , naked , not in boots btw lol

It sounds like you got a dodgy pair of scales , if you havnt had them long they should be under manufacturers warantee , why not call the company and tell them they are inaccurate and you want a replacement set , assuming you have the receipt , if not its still worth a try as they wont want you badmouthing their scales especially on a weight loss forum

hi ya hun, ive just posted on your thread..lol they are the WW ones so they def wouldnt want me bad mouthing them, ive only had them about 6 months but i havent got the receipt, i might email WW and see what they say, ive known they havent been accurate for a while but never this out! my OH just came home and had a right go at me and said i should look at the big picture..ive lost 4 and a half stone since july and my body shape has really changed but he just doesnt get how i feel when the scales dont move! and when they do move its wrong..lol xx

I hate the scales but still get on them once (if not twice) a day!! Like Phoenix its same place same time i.e. first thing in the morning

1lb is still a loss - although I know what you mean about it being disheartening. Mine weigh different every time I get off and stand on again - I tend to go for the 'best of three'!!

Keep going xxxx

I've NEVER heard of WW scales and I wouldn't buy a pair now. This isn't the first time I've read on this site, about people having real issues with their unreliability. I wish I could weigh only once a week but I'm a daily weigher - like Phoenix, exactly (love the clarification re. Boots Phoenix-gave me a good laugh that one)!

I got WW scales a few months ago and they're rubbish. Sometimes it would take about 6 attempts before my weight would show up

i remember starlight we got them at the same time stupid things! lol well im not giving in although i could quite easily eat a bar of chocolate to make me feel better but it would only make me feel good while eating it and then id be feeling a whole lot worse all night so i wont let the scales get to me! xx

Mine are cheapish digital Salter things. Weigh me the same despite getting on and off or moving them so now I only get on them once. Your OH is right though the bigger picture is the most important thing and it's how you feel more than what you weigh anyway.

I cant think of anything worse than a pair of scales i didnt trust , becasue even when they show a good loss you will be second guessing them all the time

I got scales from Argos probably a fraction of the price , very accurate to a fifth of a pound

i have just been to argos and i cant believe they let me change them and i didnt even have my reciept, how nice was that! they had sold out on most of the salter ones so i ended up with these.. Buy Salter Ultimate Accuracy Electronic Scale at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales.
i read through some of the reviews on my phone while i was standing in the shop which was a bit difficult lol anyway ive just weighed myself 3 times in 3 different places and they all read the same weight..bit more than the other s but that was this morning and ive drunk 3 litres of water so im hoping thats why..lol but anyway its such a relief they are saying the same weight so hopefully ill feel better now, thank you all for replying i feel a bit silly going on about it so much this morning but i really was getting disheartened xxxxxx

forgot to say my others had the bmi, water and something else on them but tbh i never took any notice of that so didnt bother this time xx

oh gawd these things always happen to me ..i was just looking online at the scales and they look completely diff to the pic..they have given me the wrong scales! lol ive got these instead..
Buy Salter Dashboard Goal Tracker Electronic Scale at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales..
oh well these were supposed to be more expensive(not that it means they will be better) so just see how they go over the next couple of days and if not ill take them back and get the ones i originally wanted xxx

woooo so glad they changed them for you!! It never even occurred to me that scales would weigh different... I got on mine three times this morning and they were the same all three times so that made me feel relieved!! Well done on keeping strong x

thats brilliant , I think you should stick with them and not jinx yourself , and dont feel silly going on about it id be furious if my scales kept changing , whats the point weighing yourself if you cant believe what it says

glad they changed them for you , maybe theyve had alot of them returned and thats why they didnt quibble

thanks hun, i have just set up the goal weight feature, so now when i stand on them it shows my weight and also under that how much i need to lose to get to goal..how cool is that! lol these will def keep me motivated and on track now i can see the goal weight getting closer xxx

Back